Thread: How do you feel about Reddit?

How do you feel about Reddit?

How do you feel about their crossdressing subreddits? I like to browse the pics and stuff and sometimes I'll comment. I haven't posted pictures there yet because the size of the site seems a little intimidating, and there's so many people that pass wonderfully I'm afraid I won't compare.

I'm just curious what y'alls opinion on the site is when it comes to crossdressing and the community they have.

Hi monicagirl, I don't know the site but you have me interested.
    I can spot a sister cd from miles away my radar is spot on and I can tell you that you would 100% fly under that radar, I showed my wife your picture and she agreed. You are owning it and you should walk tall and strutt your stuff with pride.

Wishing you all the best and lots of love.

Anton jon

Reality Check
    Regardless of the website, posting photos can out you (if that's a concern). And one more thing. Just because someone posts a photo and claims it is them dressed as a woman, there is absolutely no guarantee that this is an actual photo of the poster. This is true of any website. There was someone I followed here for a long time. She eventually changed her avatar and admitted to me that the original was not her, it was of an obscure public figure.

Just as with this site, join and post if it meets your needs but take everything with a grain of salt.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    its pretty cool....its more of a " let me post my pics from the closet" kind of place, and some of the advice given is pretty amature, but its still a good place I think ....its really amazing how many people are cd's, especially on there, cause its a younger site.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I like /r/transgender for news.

/r/crossdressing ... eh ... it's not very well moderated. I used to browse there more often, but the crowd is so young. Sometimes it looks like probably high school kids, and many of them not exercising good judgement in what they post.

Seemed like a matter of time before I accidentally ran across something that crossed a legal line, and I wanted nothing to do with that, so I stopped going there.

Meh and all those pretty young things too ... oh wait ... look at that avatar! :-)

get off my lawn!

Just kidding :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I've taken a look there once before and went just now to refresh my memory... not really my cup of tea. Yeah they are pretty young things (young 20 somethings for the most part it looks like) and fun to look at but I much more prefer this forum. Through comments on the threads and PvtMsgs (hi Amy! ) I get to know the members and build a circle of friendships, which I prefer much more to looking at eye candy.

Not only that, it seems as though on reddit you're just begging for your pics to get downloaded and used all over the net.
    Nah. I'll pass.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Thank you for the thoughts and the kind compliments
    I agree, community-wise I definitely prefer this site. It just seems safer and friendlier.
    I do think I might try my luck with a photo over there later this week and see how things go (tastefully of course), hopefully I'll get an up vote or two

The /r/transpassing sub is pretty inspiring for people that are transitioning.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I don't really "get" reddit...

it seems like some bare basic message board where you might as well be anonymous with next to no info displayed like avatar join date # of posts etc... maybe if you click on their name but eh

it seems so faceless!

I feel like reddit but even more so some of that other stuff like tumblr ... etc... really miss out on the community / actually POSTING and talking and discussing!

it's too much about LIKES and CROSSPOSTING / RETWEETING or whatever the hell!

I just don't get it!

though after YEARS and years of ignoring it I finally more properly checked out 4chan... LGBT and r9k and b and others... and hoo boy! it's def. the bumhole of the internet!

sometimes it can be funny or even involve talking and it's even MORE anonymous... and it can crack me up just how depraved / weird / mean / gross people can be when on the internet with no worry of someone knowing whom you are!

I feel like if you really wanna know what the world and people are secretly like underneath their brains... you will see it in 4chan... and youtube comments... and comments on articles!

people are so extreme!

and every single one of them thinks they are SO right / their way is the only right way to think!

jeez!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What is reddit?
    A phone based app of some kind?

@ traci

i am slightly lazy, so here the wikisynopsis:

Reddit (/ˈrɛdɪt/)[5] is an entertainment, social networking, and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin board system. Registered users can then vote submissions up or down to organize the posts and determine their position on the site's pages. Content entries are organized by areas of interest called "subreddits". The subreddit topics include news, gaming, movies, music, books, fitness, food, and photosharing, among many others.

---------------
    Basicly there is a bulletin board for what ever topic and ppl with simliar interests can write there. I usually use Reddit for information to my onlinegames. anyway one thing to keep in mind, the crossdressingsubreddit, has surprisdingly a lot of ppl that are on hormones, sometimes for years. so i would take the pictures with a lot of grain of salts.

Reddit went live in 2006 and self proclaims (and to some extent is true because of the attention it does receive sometimes) to be the front page of the internet. At least for the more popular subreddits like news, technolgy, celebrity gossip, etc.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

pretty sure google is the front page / mouth of the internetriver!

and 4chan / pitchfork / imdb the back end!

uh!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I forgot they had subs for CD. I'm generally there for specific Tv shows I'm watching or games I'm playing. I also check out the new posts page set to "hot" because I catch interesting news stories that the MSM ignores.

They get a bad rep for certain subs, but for stuff like I listed above its just people shooting the breeze on common interests.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 11-03-2015 at 08:14 PM.

I've definitely thought about trying reddit. But I agree it's a little scary because you don't have to be a member to see this pictures and I sense the community is not as safe. I'm still considering it though

Your picture looks great and I definitely think you pass though

I post my pics on reddit, I'll upvote and comment sometimes.

I mainly use reddit for my guy side as there are great subs for vaping, DIY, and WTF... not forgetting PCmasterrace
    Samantha -x-

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ok thanks ladies.
    Sounds like another thing I want no part of on the interwebs.