Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does this "pink fog" mean to you?

Yeah, it's a wave that hits you where you want to be doing girly things all the time and you just can't stop at the time. It's brilliant when it hits, but in my case, anyway, somewhat expensive to do right.

Pink fog, when inflicted with the virus, is usually deadly to my bank account.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    For me, the pink fog is when I've dressed thinking I"m just having an afternoon in watching TV. Then find I simply have to go for a dive out and a walk across the moors. It'often just doing what would be. Normal fun stuff in drab. Yet dressed it becomes so much more risqué and self indulgent that the fun rams up to 11 and I'm emersed in the pink fog.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-06-2015 at 07:25 PM.

It's kind of like an excuse for femming up. I don't do it because something "Made" me do it, I do it because I want to. Kind of like Flip Wilson when he was Geraldine saying "the devil made me do it". Managing the feelings to work for us takes some effort and skill.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Pink fog is something I first heard of here on the forum, years ago after first joining, and I instantly related. My understanding is it's a bender -- an extended preoccupation/obsession with all things femme and fabulous, often to the detriment of family and practical matters. It literally clouds our thoughts and judgement and usually rolls in fastest and thickest when we've been repressing in guy mode for a while.
    My wife is the trusty lighthouse, when I get too lost.
    - Jacky ^_^/

The pink fog is something that: 1. Makes crossdressers forget that the rest of the world doesn't think we're normal, or worse, that they think we're perverted and dangerous and should be shot on sight, and/or 2. That we forget about everything else but dressing, acting, and being what we perceive to be feminine, and ignore other things that we should be focusing on, like all the mundane routine chores and work.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferpl View Post
    Pink fog, when inflicted with the virus, is usually deadly to my bank account.
    Ain't that the truth! I go shopping with my wife and she usually ends up with more new clothes than I do. Luckily she likes a deal as much as I do. We usually hit thrift stores and clearance racks at department stores. That's what pink fog is for me. Shopping!

Tanya nice to see you girlfriend, hope you been doing great. Pink for is my calling and I try not to miss this call even if I have to take it collect. Lol

To me it means freedom. I am free to be me. I may not be free for a long time, though, and the next period of freedom may not come for awhile. So, I try to enjoy it to the max while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    To me, Pink Fog is a description of the situations where a CD'er gets carried away to the point of loosing common sense. You do things you should not do because you just cant help it, forgetting or ignoring the known consequences.

For instance:
    - Dressing up all the time when you should be working.
    - Staying home to dress and let your wife take the kids to the supermarket grocery shopping. When this becomes the norm, it is not resonable.
    - Take chances you know you shouldnt, like a quick walk in heels in the hotel corridor, just to try it.
    - Feeling unable to think about anything else than dolling up and thereby neglecting your other responsibilities.

In short, to me it means the times when you are not thinking clearly and let your emotions take control, rather than your brain.

I do find it interesting to read the reponses to this! There are very varied interpretations of this, which basically means none of us can really use the term on its own, because it will not clearly mean one thing! Just like with the label debate, cant really use a term if the meaning is not uniquely defined and accepted by everybody.

Interesting!

- Suzie
    Well, I can definitely relate to this definition of the "pink fog"! As someone who maybe gets only one or two opportunities a month lasting maybe 2-3 hours at a time to dress en femme (my wife knows but it generally upsets her so we find it difficult to discuss it most of the time), there barely seems to be any time when I'm not thinking about all things CD to the extent that sleeping can be a problem as well as concentrating on life's day to day activities. Typically, I'll be browsing eBay for clothes, shoes & make-up or just observing what the GGs out there are wearing & how they put together their outfits. Last night was hard work to some extent when I went to a party with my wife - over 60 women all dressed to the nines & there's me having to wear a shirt & trousers - talk about "frock frustration"!!! There were some absolutely gorgeous dresses on view - very tempting to just go up to someone & say, "I just love your dress, where did you buy it?"! Not sure when my next CD opportunity will appear but hope it comes along soon or else I could be lost in my own personal pink Bermuda triangle!

GiGi

well it definently means different things to different people,me.I have been listening to hypnosis to get more open about my fem side..some are just junkie,but i did find a place where the hypnosis works and is taking a slight effect for certain.some people reply with..mumbo jumbo and that is nonsense..but it does effect some people..some a great deal more than others..some..not at all.it depends on the listener and the hypnosis..anyways that is my pink foggy side.
    without mirrors,being fem would consist of just feeling pretty..not seeing yourself as pretty..i prefer mirrors.

Aspiring Member
    Would define it as an overwhelming indulgence of sorts in all things crossdressing, to the point where no excuse can be found. Also, it's the time when I feel prettiest and considerably natural. Which, on hindsight, sometimes no longer is the case when I take a closer look at the photos. As I don't dress as often as I used to, much of my 'pink fog' has condensed to fantasy shopping. Indubitably, the clothes are the icing on the cake, but it's the icing that often colors the cake. It's blinded me before.

For the record, because I tend to like black dresses and black lingerie, my fog might as well be black.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    The pink fog has had me do a lot of fantasy shopping lately. Like do I really need 30 pairs of shoes?
    Um, YES. Silly question.

I think pink fog also encompasses lack of judgement or discretion when discussing/dealing with one's SO. I can have a full conversation in my head about how she'll accept and even be enthusiastic about whatever aspect of my dressing, but in reality it would be disastrous.

Aspiring Member
    To me it's like being on the jazz.your adventurous, excited.bolder then ever. It's like my own get away from the world and escaping into shangrila. Pink fog. That's a real good name to call it

for me it consume me from the time I wake up till the time I fall asleep its all i think about But I honestly I never felt so relaxed true bliss I know I have to get back to reality but I really enjoyed the trip and I would welcome it back.

For me it is like a zen zone that is relatively difficult to achieve. It can't happen without a wig, hip pads, and a skirt. It often takes a few changes of clothes, and sometimes makeup. When I am there, I am THERE...total contentment and relaxation. Also lots of visits to the mirror and complete satisfaction with who I am and what I look like in the moment. It is almost like taking a pleasant drug. Some days, try as I might, it just won't happen.

Doing something while dressed that you wouldn't even think about dressed in drab.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Pink fog for me usually includes bits and pieces of what everyone else has mentioned already; a desire to experience femininity that supersedes most other needs, desires or obligations, a suspending of many normal inhibitions including those governing risk taking, a willingness to explore the limits of femininity that have only been hinted at before, a suspension of belief that what I'm seeing in the mirror is anything other than female or within just a few touches of attaining that goal and the lowering of other priorities relative to dressing and those extend to finance and family obligations.

The other thing I haven't seen posted so far (or I've overlooked it) is the inability to be satisfied at any previous level. When I've been submersed in the pink fog there was no end of dressing in sight and absolutely no desire to look for an end.

What triggers Pink Fog? Almost anything, but layoffs from dressing can be pretty dependable triggers. Shopping for anything can easily turn to shopping for feminine clothing, makeup, jewelry, shoes etc. etc. I can easily bring the fog on if I spend some time visualizing what I'd like to wear sometime in the near future. That thought experiment can easily send me into the closet even if there are plenty of reasons to not dress.

I've had a brace and cast on my foot for about a month now and if anyone thinks I'm not going to be fully committed to my feminine aspect when that cast comes off, they are mistaken. I'm not even trying to fool myself on that one.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    Hi

I used to do some motor sport and the ‘pink fog’ there meant going 10/10ths, or maybe 11/10ths, at the limit of your ability and totally in the zone and focused.

The ‘pink fog’ with my CDing comes when I am fully dressed up and acting female, feeling female, thinking female and lose all my maleness. I am conscious of my boobs, my hair, the swish of my skirt, the feel of the underwear. It’s a great place to be.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia