Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this "pink fog" mean to you?

What does this "pink fog" mean to you?

I hear a lot of talk about a "pink fog" but I'm still having a hard time understanding what it is. I know there have been posts about this in the past, but even reading the context I find that it means different things to different people. So, what does it mean to you?
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

the pink fog covers a spectrum of over-the-top crossdressing needs and urges taking over reason and logic, over normal life patterns.

It might be shopping, dressing out, wearing pink only for a few days, it is uncontrollable and distorts the perception that normally guides behaviour. It can be very egoic, selfish, indulgent, and fail to properly account for others' needs.

For me, really its the spring-back into femme after having had to don some manclothes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Pamela gave you the details. But some here use it for saying that when they are fem they call it pink fog. But some of the threads you read is that pink fog has clouded my judgement and I overspent on buying lady things.
    Part Time Girl

To me it was out of control, over the top, full speed ahead ride into everything feminine.... Looking back on a few of my episodes... It was a total blast! More fun than I've ever had before and may ever have again! No regrets... I'd do it again if I had the chance. But did I really need 30 wigs??? Lol

Yes, what Pamela said. It's the distraction, when I should be focusing on other things but am overwhelmed looking to my next dressup session. Or buying something not in the budget. Spending time that should be spent on other things.

It's the pink fog because it's about crossdressing. But it's not much different than what happens when obsessing about other things, like golf, fishing, etc. Unable to resist the urge to sneak away from work early to play golf or buying a new rod and reel you just have to have but not really.

Going to England to buy a new trench coat (London Fog).

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    It can have many meanings I guess. When I feel the need to dress or shop online or both
    is when I feel like the pink fog bank rolled in. Not necessarily a bad thing as long as I don't
    spend too much money shopping.
    Hugs
    Samantha

The pink fog has had me do a lot of fantasy shopping lately. Like do I really need 30 pairs of shoes?

I see. It almost sounds like an altered state of consciousness for some.

Yes it is. It affects each of us in different ways, even differently at different times. for me it can be $300 in brassieres or shoes, or it can be an extended dress-up, full on and full time for several days. Or a $50 spree on seniors half-price morning at the thrift shop, then wear everything I got around the house for the next few days. All of the above are bad times for financial decisions and other man-sports but wanna talk mani-pedi -what color next - and I'm your girl.

I think it means spending way to much money
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Pink fog for me is when the feeling of not being en femme and I cannot for some reason. Kind of wears at a person, same with no shopping, does the same thing to me. Not being dressed up, in makeup, in heels. I can go for a few days, then the pink fog hits me again, then look out, lol.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

To me it has to do with shopping more than anything else. Its like having a pocket of money that could be, and probably should be, used for better purposes (yet never to sacrifice the bills) yet I am out buying almost everything I can find that fits, is on sale or is a general waste of money. For the record my fog is purple, not pink .
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I see. I can understand the appeal of going out and getting an article or two of clothes when I'm feeling down, but buying more than $50 worth seems a bit excessive. I can't imagine just spending 300 dollars like its nothing...

Pink fog to me is a time of happiness and embrasement of your feminine side. I use to be afraid of it but now I welcome it wholeheartedly.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    When the "pink fog" rolls in, I am compelled to dress ASAP and get in touch with my feminine side.

I Would equate the pink fog as a cross dressers evonna! ( The highest level of satisfaction one can achieve) in other words you start to think about dressing the fog starts to roll in and the thicker the fog gets the more detailed you get untill the fog is so thick you are totally dressed to the nines!
    Although Joanne has a pretty good description on it . as does natasha define it as well... And yes saikotsu it is kinda like an altered state of consiouness. where we make dis-ions based on what our femme side wants instead of what our drab side knows whats best..
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

The pink fog is a state of obsession that can only be satisfied by buying a bunch of new femme stuff. These days I spend most of my free time dressed, which seems to have cured it. When you have to budget your time among the many outfits you already own, buying a new outfit means you're going to find a place in your schedule for it. You might have to put off wearing something you really like to make room for it. This tends to tone down the pink fog quite a bit.

Banned Read only
    It's real fog, just pink! When im out with friends they get freaked out 'What the heck is that pink fog that keeps coming around man!?'

Sometimes it rolls in and I think 'oh crap, not now!! I'm in the middle of a flippin bar fight, and I'm winning! 😠 '

OK, for me it's when I look in the mirror and see a chic...not a dude...OMG girl, don't be a slob...at least put on some lipstick and a bra...and skinny jeans...and purse...and... 😃
    Last edited by Robin414; 11-05-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Overwhelming need to be...the turning and flooding of a tidal basin, filling it with the need to express what is in my heart and soul.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

(Sip sip)….Silly girls the pink fog is a (sip sip) wonderful drink that my dear friend Bridget Ann created (sip)…It’s sweet and good (sip) and makes you feel wonderful (sip) and loose, helps me find my (sip sip) inner peace and……………OH No it’s a PINK TORNDO……bras…. and panties….. and heels…everywhere.. All flying about…. OHh.. no my favorite dress…save my dress…My house is being carried away in the fierce pink wind…. …….Dorthy……..Dorthy….
    ….WHAT THE HELL are you wearing Dorthy?????? That old shabby dress..!!.. really??? Girl as soon as this house lands we need to hit the shops. Oh and don’t EVEN let me get started on that makeup…grab that dumb dog, I’m making us appointments at the closes MAC counter!!!. …… ohuuuuuuu looky red rube heels!!!!!!!!
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Reality Check
    I don't use the term "pink fog" but as I see it used on this forum, the term is an excuse for not thinking things through or not using common sense. Like answering the door forgetting that you're wearing dangling earrings. Or leaving panties out where an unsuspecting wife finds them.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Pink Fog?

It's what's filling your head when all thoughts are over shadowed by thoughts of all things fem.
    Like when I think that my collection of >100 bras would look great displayed on hangers as decor in my home office.

Hmmm?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

To me, Pink Fog is a description of the situations where a CD'er gets carried away to the point of loosing common sense. You do things you should not do because you just cant help it, forgetting or ignoring the known consequences.

For instance:
    - Dressing up all the time when you should be working.
    - Staying home to dress and let your wife take the kids to the supermarket grocery shopping. When this becomes the norm, it is not resonable.
    - Take chances you know you shouldnt, like a quick walk in heels in the hotel corridor, just to try it.
    - Feeling unable to think about anything else than dolling up and thereby neglecting your other responsibilities.

In short, to me it means the times when you are not thinking clearly and let your emotions take control, rather than your brain.

I do find it interesting to read the reponses to this! There are very varied interpretations of this, which basically means none of us can really use the term on its own, because it will not clearly mean one thing! Just like with the label debate, cant really use a term if the meaning is not uniquely defined and accepted by everybody.

Interesting!

- Suzie

I agree, Suzie, there have been quite a few interesting responses.

I wonder what causes this "pink fog?" I can't imagine ever wanting to override common sense, or spend money I shouldn't spend or time I don't have. Then again, I have wanted to come out of the closet to certain individuals who I think would be...problematic.

I wonder if I experience a similar thing when my genderfluidity comes into play? Some have described it as a growing need to dress and express as femme. My shifts aren't always accompanied by dressing though...

The shift is more internal, more geared towards identifying as X and wanting to be recognized as such. Perhaps the shift I feel is me entering a bank of fog, but it doesn't really cloud my judgement. At least from my perspective.

Good food for thought. My compliments to the chefs

When the pink fog hits I feel like I'm approaching a happy dangerous place. For me the pink fog and alcohol can be disastrous. I've learned how to control and enjoy it.