Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

One of the things Kelly, Ashleigh and I talked about yesterday during the photo shoot was how I picked my name. I told them I picked Brandi because there were several very pretty girls I went to high school with that had that name, and so I picked that name because in my mind it is associated with pretty people, and it helps me to create the illusion of being a pretty person when I get dressed up. This conversation though let me to ponder the question in the tile, what would my parents have named me if I had been born a girl? I have sent my mom a message to asking her, and am waiting on her response.

So I now pose this question to all of you: What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

Platinum Member
    As a really young child I heard several times from my mother that I was suppose to be a girl. My older brother was born 14 months before me, and, a girl was suppose to round out the family. I remember once crying and being comforted by my mother because I feared she did not love me because I was not the daughter she had hoped for. I don't know if that had anything to do with becoming a cross dresser. Anyway, her girl was suppose to be named Stephanie which is the Americanization of my grandmother's name. I thought for along time before enrolling on this site, whether or not to use Stephanie because she finally got her daughter 12 years later.

My mother was going to name me "Karen". She used to tell me that a lot!

My mom just replied and said that I would have been Lynn Adonia (a-Dawn-a), or vice-versa. I could see my self as a Lynn maybe, but not Adonia, although I am sure that if that was the name I had been given, it would have felt right. Mom said that Adonia was a derivative of her grandmother's nickname.
    Last edited by cdbrandi; 11-07-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: edit to add phonetic pronunciation and the last sentence

Aspiring Member
    Mine was going to be Abigail, named after a aunt of my mother. She said it was a good old fashion name

Winona Kathlene. You'd never guess I was from the South with Irish Grandparents huh. I like Jennifer Marie that my Aunt named me much better....

I never did find out what my girl name would've been.
    I'm like you in that regard, I just thought Amy and Vanessa were names pretty girls had, so I just came up with that combination.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

I think I was meant to be Barbara. My mother had two sons before me and wanted to have a girl before I was born. I find this very significant as from early childhood I wanted to be a girl although I doubt that I am a transsexual I just wished I had been born female. In my first ever crossdressing dream as young kid of about six or seven I dreamt I was a little girl called Barbara with wearing a brown skirt and a ribbon in my hair.

This thread again?

Anyways,

Cassie!

Still love the name. <3
    Just Roll With It

I have not been around for a while, so I have missed the last few times a thread like this has made the rounds.

I've been gone too. And over the last decade I don't remember replying to this one before. Probably altzheimers kicking in because I'm so friggin old! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze_ View Post
    This thread again?

Anyways,

Cassie!

Still love the name. <3
    Obviously no one is forcing you to reply to threads you didn't want to reply to.
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-07-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    I have started a similar tread a few months ago. I actually asked mom and she said Cassandra so I decide to use it.

When I was born I don't think sonograms were done routinely like they are now so my mother had male and female names picked. I don't remember if she told me if she had a middle name picked but if I remember correctly my first name would have been Cynthia. I like it. I used to date a girl named Cynthia and as a nickname she let me call her Cyd. I think I would have liked being called Cyd as well.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

probably the same thing they have always called me... "stupid"
    paula

Danielle, haha.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    Something that begins with K. My mother is the only one whose name doesn't begin with K.

I would have been named Judy.
    I can't use that name as it's the name of a person who was a close family friend, but turned out to not be a friend at all.
    Taking that name would be a constant reminder of that hurtful period.

My mom called me Toni Lorraine all my life.she's passed along time ago.

Probably the same name I have now which is either male or female. After being told all the years I was growing up that when I was born they were hoping for a girl. They will never know they actually got their wish.

Banned Read only
    Me too Robin777, I used to hate being called Robin "that's a girl's name...I'll fight ya!" 😠 ) Now though, I love it...just don't be callin me sir...cuz I'll fight ya 😠

😉

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    Me too Robin777, I used to hate being called Robin "that's a girl's name...I'll fight ya!" 😠 ) Now though, I love it...just don't be callin me sir...cuz I'll fight ya 😠

😉
    The Same here with The "that's a girl's name", Plus all the Batman and Robin Jokes from the old TV show............ I still like shortening it sometimes for boy mode. But when someone calls me Robin at work,it doesn't really bother me anymore.

I asked a while back though mom knows nothing about this side of me (I think) I would have named Jillian or
    Jill which is what I go by now, have been told I can't change my name on this site but I am Jill Basset on a number of other sites!

My parents were going to call me Zoe if I was a girl. I like it so I just went with it.

Wow so many of you adopt the name your parents would have given you. That's amazing. My parents would have called me Linda cause my big brother is called Paul. Un that case we would have been a little McCartney set. I did at first adopt the name when I registered here but the more u saw it the more I hated it
    do not label me for i am unique

My mother passed away over 40 years ago. But, when I was a child she often told me that she had wanted a girl when I was born and that she would have named me Patricia. She had to have known about my inclinations as I was growing up as her clothes were the clothes that I began wearing, though it was never spoken about. She isn't here to enjoy it, but she got what she wanted after all.