Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

One day, many years ago, my (then very pregnant) cousin came to visit my parents. Of course, the subject of names for the baby came around and my father volunteered the information that he & mum had decided that had I been born a girl they were going to name me Judith! A few weeks later my cousin gave birth and named her daughter - you guessed it -'Judith'. Some years later, having forgotten this conversation, I also chose 'Judith' for myself.
    Neither my cousin nor 'Judith jnr' know about this Judith!

My mother told me she had wanted a second daughter. She already had one and two sons. She would have named me Lynn, and she did anyway, I suppose since it's a gender "neutral" name. My youngest sibling (my sister) is 6 years older than me, and I remember she talked me into wearing some of her older, smaller sized dresses, skirts, tights, and shoes that fit me. She would do my hair in curls, and paint me up in makeup. The dark red lipstick was always my favorite. I made a habit of collecting any makeup my Mom discarded. I also collected any discarded stockings, getting a few pairs that would match by saving the legs that didn't have runs. She always wore Hanes RHT Silk Reflections. Nice silky nylons! I loved them. My sister talked me into playing grown-up with her friends. I used my name Lynn. With all that I really felt like a girl, and loved it. She even bought me small garter belts, and some silky nylon panties. I wish I had known how to tuck back then. Girdles would have been great, but even an XXS was too big for me. My name was (and still is Lynn). I feel my sister's dressing me pretty left me with quite a love of cross dressing.
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 11-08-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: misspelling

Beverley,

I get called Bev a lot anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Monika as well. Also the name of the first girl I kissed and had a crush on

Lydia, nothing special
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I wish I knew...
    I had always wanted to ask that question, but never had the nerve and now it's too late to ask.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Don't know, don't care. Mom and Dad are both gone so I'll never know.
    Jon

Not really sure although she did call me Marsha once years ago when my hair got really long and i did not want to get it cut
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Penelope...can you believe it, yikes!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My mother was going to name me Cynthia Jo, I don't know why never asked her about that I just remember hearing a lot how I was supposed to be Cynthia Jo and I wasn't and for reason just thinking about having that name gives me chills.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I was born on Columbus Day so instead of my real name being Chris it would have been Christine. I am slightly more in favor of the name Alexis though

My mom says that I would have been Malissa

My mother would have named me "Suzzy." I've always really disliked my male name, but if there's any name I dislike even more, it's ...

My best guess would be that if I had been born a girl, I would have gotten the same first and middle names that they eventually gave to my little sister, 5 years later - Linda Lee. Or possibly Carrie, or Mabel, which were both used by female family members.

I'll never know for sure, as both my parents have passed away, so I can't ask now.

they probably would've named me .....adopted..haha..no just kidding..i dunno..i was the third child but two girls before so a boy was what they wanted..they got half of one anyways..but as for the girl name..yeah i dunno.
    without mirrors,being fem would consist of just feeling pretty..not seeing yourself as pretty..i prefer mirrors.

Silver Member
    Miss Take.

My mum would always tell me that she would have named me Erica or Jill, she wanted a girl badly. So when my younger sister was born she named her Jill.

My mom said my name would have been Ashley.

Well, dad would have named me 'anudderfriggingirl'!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't know I never asked them

I would have been named Samantha Lynn.

I have an older brother so my mom wanting me to be a girl I was going to be called Wilma wow glad I wasn't born a girl I can see it being called Wilma then hearing the flintstones remarks.

I am told they thought I was a girl during the entire pregnancy. My name was going to be Diedre.

Casey
    I think I recall being told that I would have been Kim. Not Kimberly, just Kim.

I never asked, but my sister's middle name is Ellen, so I assume that was a name they liked. I chose it for a girl I knew growing up who was pretty and popular, but also knowing it could have been a name I could have been given.
    Ellen