Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: painted nails and pierced ears.

painted nails and pierced ears.

My SO painted my toe nails a deep blue with a gel. Then she had my ears pierced. Well went to the club today and to the yoga class. There I was in my painted toes yeah they stick out. Nobody said anything except the teacher took pictures of poses, two of me, one in a head stand and the second one was a plank position. Anyways we looked at the pictures. I said, you got my painted toes. She said they look great that's a midnight blue isn't it. She said her daughter paints her sons toes and we just rock it. She said my piercings looked good also. Looks like men can get away with a lot.
    Part Time Girl

Second month now for me with toenails done up. And I absolutely love it. Looking at piercing my ears actually it was the girlfriend who suggested I get it done.

Depends on where you live as to the reaction of others. But thatis their problem.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

Really, we live in a conservative area. I think that more people are doing these kind of things and we are pushing the limits. Now I would not go into the workout area in bare feet. But now have gold balls for earrings. I have seen men with earrings so that may not be unusual.
    Part Time Girl

I live in a fairly conservative area, and I frequently go out, in male mode, with bright red polish on my fingernails. Nobody seems to care. I sometimes get complements from GGs.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You can do anything you want Dana its just up to you feeling comfy with it.

Reality Check
    Shortly after I got my ears pierced a few years ago, we were invited to an adult birthday party at a restaurant. When one of my friends saw my pierced ears, he couldn't stop talking about them. He even made a big deal about taking close up pictures with his phone.

Whatever you do, you've got to own it.

BTW: When his birthday rolled around and there was another party I made up a (fake) gift certificate for an ear piercing and starter earrings and made a big deal of giving it to him in front of everyone.

I went to the Dr with Bright Pink polish on my toes. Being from a very conservative town, she just said first time for everything and went on about her business.
    I want to get my ears pierced so bad, but kids and some people are very against it, even though they all have there ears pierced.

Someday.

Randi_Sue

Would love to have painted nails, pierced ears, and wear perfume but for the time being all three are sort of off limits due to being in the closet.

On days when I "have lots of time" I do the press on nails.
    Last edited by Tara Rushing; 11-16-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: english usage error

Months ago started painting my toe nails, went to the chiropodist, I had cleaned my nails.
    She exclaimed straight away "Ha you have been painting your nails".
    Only the second man she had seen thus. We went on to talk about my dressing. She is lovely.

I get a blood test every week and my regular nurse trys to out do me in the finger nail dept.
    First time I met her Im sure she noticed my bra. I may have larger breasts than her.

Had my ear pierced 3 weeks ago and cant wait 3 more weeks to put in my diamond stud.

xxx

Every now and then my wife and I take turns painting each other's toe nails. I think the only way any one would get to see them other than my wife would be if I had an accident and was taken in the ambulance. I know in this small town they'd have the police, newspaper and sheriff come look at them. Think I'll just keep painting them but be a very careful about having an accident. I usually leave them painted several days and then remove it before I have to get out and about.
    Cynthia I agree it might not matter and I might get compliments but you have to agree many parts of Texas aren't as civil as other parts.... Lol

Im in a small village in the Scottish Highland and regularly go to shops, doctors, Inverness with painted nails.
    Only thing said several times is "Oh love your nails" and "Who did them". One man said did your grandaughter paint them ? "

The village is full of backward peasantry so I am always aware.

I got my ears pierced about 1983. At the time everybody was which ear was straight and which ear was gay? I had them both done with the explanation that I didn't want to waste half of a set. So I've been wearing earrings for over 30 years. No snide comments from anyone, ever.

Getting my ears pierced is next on my list. Small hoops would be wonderful.
    My toes are always done.
    Keely

One of the Reds

As a few others have said, polished nails in male mode (regardless of color) is just not a big deal. I don't go to work with them polished, but I've been just about anywhere else I'd ordinarily go. Rarely a comment.

If I paint any nails, it will be my toes. No ear piercings, I'll probably buy some clip ons.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Sounds awesome, my SO first painted my nails too. I believe it was red (I'm colorblind) but I thought it looked good on me. I've painted my nails w/ and w/o her but mainly blues and what not.

But I haven't had my ears pierced yet, I want to tough.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

I reguarly go for pedis and get colour done. Pretty much got toes polished all the time. I go to pilaties class and nobody bar the instructor has said anything. But the instructor knows i wear heels aswell. Mine are bright pink just now

Dana,
    Some are braver than others.
    I prefer not to reveal any feminine traits when presenting male.
    As a girl it's all in. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Color is nice because it is pretty. We like pretty.

Nobody is going to say anything, really. I have been wearing polish in male-mode for years. I have gotten no snark, only compliments.

Are you wearing toe rings yet?

Bravery.. look at your 'audience'. Mostly earthy-crunchy females. You could have a worse peanut gallery. You might be surprised at the feedback you get.

<3

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 01-23-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Well, I keep my toes polished at all times usually clear but have went to other colors on occasion. I live in Florida so therefore I live in sandals, Never had anyone say anything about it. I currently don't have my ears pierced but would someday.

The last two months solid I've had nail polish on my toes and I love it! Pinks and red.
    I'd love to have my ears pierced but my SO doesn't want me to. I'll try to convince here because wearing clipons is a pain - literally. I have one pair that are gorgeous and feel good. Every other pair feels like my lobes are being stabbed after ten minutes of wearing them. ��

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Looks like men can get away with a lot.
    I guess so. When my wife was away on vacation, I was talking with my mormon neighbor across the street about neighborhood stuff and landscaping and what not. Gesticulating with hand motions the whole time. As I walked back across the street, I realized that he'd gotten an eyeful of my beautiful pink long fingernails that I'd comfortably forgotten about.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

It's actually surprising how little will ever be said. Personally, I have two piercings in each ear, normally a set of gold ball studs in the lower and gold mounted gemstones in the uppers, but I will occasionally switch out the ball studs for rope design studs, silver hearts or even small hoops.

I also regularly have my (long) nails painted, initially I went for the "goth" colours, blacks, dark purples etc, but nowadays it's generally to match my outfit, so reds, pinks, blues, glitter, accent nails, nail art the works.

So far I've only had a couple of comments, both from female SA's and both complimentary. Yes I catch people giving the nails a second take, but it has never ever been an issue. And I live in a town that is extremely conservative. We've had a right wing MP for 106 years in our constituency which should give you an idea. A town where news of what you got up to in town can beat you back home again. A town where news of a house fire can travel 220 miles from one neighbour.. and come back to another neighbour via text message before the firemen even picked up their hoses (true story that happened to me).

And yet, since being semi-voluntarily outed, I have experienced almost zero backlash however I choose to dress. (For the record, since outing, I have followed my original wish of ignoring gender specific clothing norms and wearing what I want when I want without feeling the need to femme up just to wear that new outfit etc.)

I used to paint my nails black, in my younger years, and nobody rally cared. It was the style of the New Wave culture at the time.

Rach