Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many lipsticks in your purse?

How many lipsticks in your purse?

Hi all,

After responding to the thread about Cherry lip balm and buying Blistex I put it in my purse ... only to find it one of a bunch of lippy things. So I counted -- 11 lipsticks and the Blistex! (I can't resist buying a new color). I keep all of my lipsticks there (it's a BIG purse...)

So I wondered .. what do other girls* do? .. and went to the web and found this:

• 1-5 products (66%, 3,036 Votes)
    • 6-10 products (21%, 978 Votes)
    • More than 15 products (7%, 345 Votes)
    • 11-15 products (5%, 230 Votes)
    • Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (0%, 19 Votes)

[* Presumably GG's but who knows?? ]

OK, to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson ... "What's in your purse?" [At least in terms of lipsticks...]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I currently have 5 Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color Lipsticks (Vivid Rose, On Fire Red, Neon Red, Shocking Coral, and Pink Pop). I tend to like the more vibrant colors for my hair and lips. Also Watermelon Splash ChapStick Lip Balm.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm definitely in the 1 - 5 bracket and purely for personal use. I suspect if you carry more than five, then you must be dealing in the stuff. Isn't dealing against the law?

Oh the eternal shame of being caught with a baggy of lipsticks.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I always have lipstick with me even in male mode LOL, My phone wallet has lipstick beside the phone all of the time. My purse has a couple in it.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    I'm definitely in the 1 - 5 bracket and purely for personal use. I suspect if you carry more than five, then you must be dealing in the stuff. Isn't dealing against the law?

Oh the eternal shame of being caught with a baggy of lipsticks.

Becky
    ewww .. you caught me! Guilty as charged. I got to thinking about this. I have no idea how old some of these lipsticks are, (I mean I just keep them as long as there is something left in the tube) -- but I do know that some of those colors aren't made any more. Which just says that I haven't worn them enough!!

Anyway, I hope folks have fun with this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    Just the one that matches the rest of the makeup I have on.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    great question....in my purse I only carry 1.....the one I am wearing that night....along with a lip liner and powder for touch ups. How many are in my Makeup Kit? Like 5 or 6...once I found the colors and brands that worked well with my skin tone and style I pretty much stuck with them . Right now I am crazy about the Nars Lip Pencils they have a great texture, the color Cruella seems to be my personal go to ...but im dying to try a nude shade from them

Never more than 2 plus a liquid lip gloss and a lip liner pencil

I generally have a maximum of 3, a go to matte color that I sometimes use as a base color for the second one an outer color that fits with the outfit I am wearing, and usually one left over from the last time out. Sometimes that left over color becomes colors when I forget to put them all back in the drawer.

Let's see, one dark shade of lipstick, two pigmented lip glosses with wands, one sparkly lip gloss with wand, and one tube of pure lip gloss. Oh, and one pot of lip balm for guy mode.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Usually two. Mostly because I freshen up a lot when dancing at the club and drinking.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Usually 2 an a lip liner and gloss if I do a three tone lip color.

Two, a darker and lighter red depending on my mood

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The one that matches my outfit and a gloss to add shine when needed.

Banned Read only
    I'm in the 6 - 10 category but I have two or three favorites!

I usually use a smallish shoulder bag. In my shoulder bag, I usually have only about 3 colors.

In my makeup box, probably several dozen. Sometimes I find a deal on a "lot" on eBay. And sometimes CVS has them on sale for 6 bucks with a 4 dollar "extra bucks" coupon, for a net of 2 bucks. They limit you to six, so six is what I get.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

In my purse? Just one - the shade of lipstick I am wearing. Also a lipstick brush with a cover, and a perfume atomizer with the perfume I am wearing, and a small mirror compact so I can check to be sure my lipstick and other makeup isn't smudged. Sometimes, if I am carrying one of my larger purses, I also have a small compact with pressed powder, to touch up my foundation.

In my makeup kit? Not sure. A dozen or so? Probably more. Ranging from a subtle nude shade to a deep burgundy red to a bright fire engine red.

Reality Check
    Just one. I only own two and my favorite is almost gone. I need to hit the store soon.

Four in my purse most days - too many in my bathroom

In my purse I have the one that I am wearing that day and a lip liner. At home, that is a totally different situation!
    Hugs, Carole

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It usually depends on how long it's been since I've changed purses. When I stock a new purse I usually have one or two with a gloss and pencil for touch ups. After I've been out and using the purse for a while I've found as many as 6 or 8 lipstick tubes rattling around in different pockets and the makeup bag.

In my makeup storage area I may have 15 or 20 different shades available.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Only two or three, too big a decision on what to wear otherwise. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In my purse I usually carry 3. Pink (my favorite), red and nude. Elsewhere I've got 30 or 40 of them.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 11-14-2015 at 02:40 PM.

I have an accumulation because when I do my lips in the morning, I put the color of the day in my purse for post lunch touch ups. Then I forget to take them out at night when I get home, and then they just collect there! Just guessing, but, I think I have 4-6 Avon lipsticks and 2 Avon Sparkle glosses at the minute... (As a representative I like to keep it fresh as possible at all times! ) I also have a dedicated pressed powder Avon Smooth Minerals compact in there! I need to do a LS clean out, and return to the makeup caddy!

Ah, the lipstick-eating purse!

Mimi had one that was even worse. She noted that her favorite lipsticks were disappearing one by one. This was a mystery, and I certainly wasn't pilfering them. We searched and searched, but couldn't find them. Just by accident, I felt around in one of her purses and felt suspicious objects in the bottom. Turns out that there was a small hole in the lining of the pocket where she habitually kept her lipstick and every once in a while a lipstick would slip through and secrete itself behind the lining. We found a half-dozen lipsticks there!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]