Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The reason I cant go out dressed is because I live in a conservative town.

Melissa, those are my thoughts, too. We like to hear accounts of others' going out experiences, and we can handle differing opinions, but yes, our feathers get ruffled (as predicted) when we perceive judgement. And what made me see judgement in the OP is calling valid reasons lame excuses and due caution as lack of guts. I don't see such characterizations as encouragement.

I really hate that this thread turned up some rather curt comments towards Tracii when she was merely trying to encourage those ladies who are on the proverbial fence to decide upon going out or sitting at home in the basement, as these same reasons for not going out have been posted here for long time. (worn record)

If you had asked me about going out 5 years ago I may have gave some of the exact same answers as the others have, but today I sit around and kick my self square in the skirt that I did not go out sooner in life.

But for whatever it's worth~

You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
    - Rabindranath Tagore

Mods feel free to shut this thread

Yall can all HUSH,,, Hell I live in MISSISSIPPI,,, So NOW,,, Enough said !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lauri you are one of the few that actually got my point.
    StacyB I love U like a sister because you are crazy like me.
    Mods you can close this because enough panties got twisted up to last the rest of the year.

You did not ruffle my feathers Traci i don't have any . Also you are allowed to have your own opinion and you just made a statement you believed in .Bunched up panties are never fun
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I would like to comment on the title of this post, it says : "I can't go out because I live in a conservative town."

I know everyone has their reasons or excuses for not going out and often complain about the problem and that's ok I guess..... I do want to say one thing that I have found in conservative towns and cities is that folks are generally pretty good about it. As a matter of fact I have had some good times in so called conservative places vs places considered very liberal. I go to a few places every year that are not LGBT venues. I was at a big charity function last year and some guys I was talking to said this redneck city needs more people like you around. My only point is at times we might say a place is narrow minded, conservative and redneck but the reality might be the opposite. You won't know unless you test the waters I guess.

Closed at OP request.

Katey