Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally figured out how to make silicone breast forms at home!

I finally figured out how to make silicone breast forms at home!

If you have ever posted about diy breast forms, or if you have ever trolled the internet and forums looking for ways to make your own silicone breast forms at home only to have found recipes including any variation of: bird seed, condoms, balloons, silica crystals, or gelatin, then this post is for you!
    Despite starting to Cd only in february of this year I moved quick, and by march I had my first silicone breast forms(I bought 2 pairs offf craigslist, a very small size and a pretty large size since they were all the guy had) and experimented with 2 other sizes and types since then, as well as experimented with the suggested diy breast forms but what I was wanting wasnt really obtainable this way. One day I ran across the expensive breast forms that run between $250-1000 and it clicked. Those were what I wanted, some of them at least.
    I wanted breast forms that you could blend into your skin better, and that werent shiny and covered in that plastic feeling cover thats on the sub $250 ones, and could still move realistically.
    I searched all over, and I ran into the pullover vest types on alibaba, the tapered blend in customized ones on other sites, and so on but i couldnt justify spending that much money on something so fragile. Especially since most of them would still forgo one of the things i wanted in a breast form. either theyd be durable and would blend in but look bad, or look good and blend in but rip easily and be $750, and i only had one option left:

figure out how to make them myself
    I had most of the process figured out,(including my self imposed requirements for them that i mentioned above) but i was missing a couple key parts. Finally, I have found every thing you would need to make them, as well as how to make them. It cost about the price of one good set of breast forms to get all the supplies but in return you can make 2 custom made pairs however you like
    The Ingredients:
    -platinum silicone(its a grade of silicone, not a brand) but it needs to be one of the very soft kind. however, when the silicone is that soft it becomes tacky and stays that way(exactly like the ones with the plastic covers on them, which you would know if you have ever gotten a rip or tear in a breast form and touched the inside.) The only kind I have run across so far is called platsil 00. you can find it on google easily.
    -silicone deadener/softener, this stuff makes silicone feel skinlike(somewhat stretchy but retains shape for one example)
    -pigment, your color fir the silicone,
    -silicone encapsulator... this is the nig one. This stuff does what the title implies, it will encapsulate silicone very thinly but its also very strong.
    Once you have the parts you just made your mold from clay and either your hands, a breast form, or a breast. Then you spray some silicone release in the mold and put your silicone in. after that youll have your breast form but it will be sticky. Thats where this encapsulator comes in,m which you use to encapsulate the breast form obviously. After that(for me at least), take some more silicone or liquid latex and mix pigment until it matched your skin. Then encapsulate the encapsulator. as it is more than halfway through drying put some baby powder or talcum powder on it so it comes out matte instead of glossy. you can even use pigment to color the nipple accordingly.
    That is the gist of how to make a breast form, not including the different ways of doing it, like the vest, or chest piece, or a pair, etc. Thats the easy part though I think.
    I know this is a kinda shoddy guide but i hope it helps and good luck.
    If you have any ideas or criticisms please get free to share them, I very much appreciate constructive criticism and bouncing ideas around.
    Beauty is a curse.

Banned Read only
    Well you forgot some very important bits here;

1: The clay. You can't just use any old clay for the mold. Air drying "WED" clay is best for making molds. Unless you're going to make a plaster cast but that's a whole other process.

2: You need a rigid form to work with to make the mold. You can't just throw clay onto a different breast form or a human breast as both are too pliable.

3: Sculpting the mold is not that easy if you are not used to doing it. Most people are not artistic. And even if you are, working with clay is not the same as painting.

4: Getting the color of the nipple and areola areas is a singular process that needs to be done before pouring in the silicone for the breast itself. So you would have to mix the nipple color into some silicone first, pour it and let that cure before pouring in the breast part. Then you have to hope the two sections stay together without getting damaged.

5: Time. This isn't something that can be done in a few hours. This could easily take several days depending on size.

6: If you mess up at all, if the mold or silicone isn't completely dry you run a very big risk of ruining not only the form but the mold. Then you are not only out the time spent but also the products needed to make more.

Thank to both of you for the insights. For a diy'er it seems like it would be fun to try. However, greater detail would be very helpful!

Hmmm. What else could you make with that stuff?

If you had a paperclip, chewing gum wrapper and a bottle cap the possibilities are endless for what else you could make.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Sue, I could totally make a nuke from that (I mean a microwave oven) 😊

I would not advise anyone to do this!!! Unless you don't mind the risk of losing a fair amount of money. Why? Making something from silicone is hard!!!
    I have done my fair share of working with platinum silecone and other forms of silicone so I am a bit experienced with it.

The initial post misses tree extremely important things!

1. Platinum silicone always is a two part solution. 1 part silicone and one part to start the curing proces.

2. It is most likely that you need a vacuum chamber to remove airbubbels from the silicone mixture after it is mixed. And most people don't have this laying around the house.

3. Don't EVER get any latex near silicone if there is only the slightest change it isn't 100% cured. Because latex contains/leaks sulfur and if only a small part of sulfur leaks into not cured silicone then the silicone will never ever cure. Sulfur is like poison for silicone.

-edit-

thatperson1551 did you actually made your own breast forms?
    Last edited by Vala; 11-12-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    do not label me for i am unique

Wow, sounds like a lot of time and prep to only have things go south. I will stay with the breastform store. It makes more sense to have professional results and pay for the quality.

Funny I was actually thinking of this the other day - was contemplating making my own hip pads. But now you have convinced me to just buy them. Thanks for the info, it looks like it isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Reality Check
    That sounds like a whole lot of trouble when you can buy quality breast forms "off the shelf".

Others have pointed out several problems but I will point out one more: Most of us have "pecs" or a little natural breast tissue so we need concave backs on our forms if the are to fit right and feel natural. For that, one would need a two part mold, front and back. And since real breasts are not symmetrical, we would need molds for the right and the left breast.

I don't think it's worth the trouble. Take the money you would spend trying to manufacture forms and just buy a pair.

I think people are being too negative. Personally, I think it would be cool if a cottage-based movement of artisanal boob-making got started.

Reality Check
    First, convince your wife to lie on her stomach in a box of plaster until it sets up ................

Seriously, it's about as practical as building your own car or TV set from parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Seriously, it's about as practical as building your own car or TV set from parts.
    Actually, I've done both those things. Some people are like that. Some people are different than you -- it's OK, there's room for all of us in the world. I'm not saying I'd sign up to make a set of boobs, but I'm delighted if someone else wants to.

Banned Read only
    First, convince your wife to lie on her stomach in a box of plaster until it sets up ................

You wouldn't need anyone to lie down in a box of plaster to make breast molds. It can be done from a sitting position in the same way plaster head molds are made.

Building a car from parts is what a lot of classic car owners have done. I helped a buddy of mine in high school build a 55 Chevy from the frame up. It's time consuming yes but not impractical.

Reality Check
    Impractical from a financial standpoint. If you have other reasons, that's fine.

Banned Read only
    Not as financially impractical as you might think(for the car). Junk yards, trades and auctions were a treasure trove.

Now for DIY breasts, yes it's just as practical to buy mass produced. Because if you're not used to working with the materials the chances of you getting it right the first few times is around zero.

I have eight sets of moulds of womens breasts.

They were the cast offs from a visual art display where boobs were the subject matter.

The subjects and the guy that sculpted them did have good time doing it... I believe......

Now you have given me an idea that really hadn't crossed my mind...

God I am slow...... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    One of the major problems with most breast forms, is that they are overly "perky", and have a preformed "ideal" breast shape. This is not the shape of most women's breasts, once they have reached their adult years. Gravity causes them to gradually droop as she ages. One of the functions of a bra is to support and lift the breasts into a more appealing contour, which also minimizes painful bounce. Ideally, the supported breast, which has sufficient pliability, will fill out the cups of a well fitting bra, and force any extra tissue upward to form an attractive cleavage.

Many crossdressers and transgender males prefer forms that are attachable, to provide a more realistic experience and allow more clothing options as well as a more realistic "dressing" experience. However, the lack of flexibility in most silicone forms does not allow for this in the most realistic way. Also, depending on the tailoring of the bra, the lack of flexibility does not always allow complete filling of the cups, leading to unsightly wrinkles and creases that can show through some outer garments.

I applaud any and all do it yourself attempts to create affordable forms, and have made attempts myself to overcome the breast flexibility issue. In addition to flexibility, the ideal forms would have realistic weight, a closely matched skin tone and be made without an unrealistic plastic shell. My efforts have included contoured foam, which lacked flexibility, (but could be squeezed), and also lacked weight and attachability, although the colouring was close and there was no plastic skin. I also tried bird seed, which I sewed into a homemade pouch made out of pieces of scrap skin tone material. These could not be attached, but had reasonable colour, good weight, no plastic skin and most of all great flexibility to fill out any and all of my bras, but couldn't be attached. The biggest negative to them was that after a couple of years of use, I found my dresser, where they were stored, infested with tiny little lice like bugs, and I had to throw the forms out and fumigate my dresser. I realized afterward that I should have stored them in airtight plastic bags between uses. Over the years I have also tried all the other usual but not very satisfactory methods such as socks, handkerchiefs, panties etc. in the ongoing search for some booby realism.

I am on my second set of silicone forms and also have a set of pals, which have tended to break away around the edges. The plastic wrapping on my current silicone forms was always somewhat loose around the inner silicone core (unlike my first set), and has become very wrinkled, but they have lasted many years of frequent use (unlike the first set which cost much more but had the outer skin split open). I hope your efforts have provided you with a satisfying set of forms. It is far more effort than I can see myself undertaking. Any thought that anyone has on flexibility would be appreciated.

Veronica

I want to make something else with silicone, but I haven't figured out the mold part yet.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have been working with platinum silicone for over 5 years. The maker of my original silicone suit sent me some and helped me get started using it. Altho, I used two part mixes to make surfboard blanks as a young man.

I have made several silicone masks, repaired and altered my silicone suits, and my solid silicone breast forms. I would not advise anyone with no experience to try this for any reason other than for fun or art. U won't save money. U will not be happy with your first pieces. The 2 part process involves different finish hardness, called sur. Common numbers for hardness run 10 to 40. I'm reading off the silicone containers in my frig. It keeps much longer in there. Also, u can buy it in different set up times. 6 to 30 minutes. I use 30 minute, 30 hardness for my masks. It remains very watery until the last few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurana View Post
    Well you forgot some very important bits here;

1: The clay. You can't just use any old clay for the mold. Air drying "WED" clay is best for making molds. Unless you're going to make a plaster cast but that's a whole other process.

2: You need a rigid form to work with to make the mold. You can't just throw clay onto a different breast form or a human breast as both are too pliable.

3: Sculpting the mold is not that easy if you are not used to doing it. Most people are not artistic. And even if you are, working with clay is not the same as painting.

4: Getting the color of the nipple and areola areas is a singular process that needs to be done before pouring in the silicone for the breast itself. So you would have to mix the nipple color into some silicone first, pour it and let that cure before pouring in the breast part. Then you have to hope the two sections stay together without getting damaged.

5: Time. This isn't something that can be done in a few hours. This could easily take several days depending on size.

6: If you mess up at all, if the mold or silicone isn't completely dry you run a very big risk of ruining not only the form but the mold. Then you are not only out the time spent but also the products needed to make more.
    Good info, Laurana. Modeling clay will ruin your silicone. Because of the sulfer in it.

One note: I recently removed the areolas and nipples from an experimental breast plate. Made a mold and poured my own new ones. The color I wanted mixed into them. Then, glued them on where I wanted them. Much easier than trying to cast them into the breast forms originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala View Post
    I would not advise anyone to do this!!! Unless you don't mind the risk of losing a fair amount of money. Why? Making something from silicone is hard!!!
    I have done my fair share of working with platinum silecone and other forms of silicone so I am a bit experienced with it.

The initial post misses tree extremely important things!

1. Platinum silicone always is a two part solution. 1 part silicone and one part to start the curing proces.

2. It is most likely that you need a vacuum chamber to remove airbubbels from the silicone mixture after it is mixed. And most people don't have this laying around the house.

3. Don't EVER get any latex near silicone if there is only the slightest change it isn't 100% cured. Because latex contains/leaks sulfur and if only a small part of sulfur leaks into not cured silicone then the silicone will never ever cure. Sulfur is like poison for silicone.

-edit-

thatperson1551 did you actually made your own breast forms?
    No, u don't need a vacuum device, Vala. With my 30 minute mix, it's easy to pour the silicone from the mixing container into another one. Doing that gradually from a few inches height removed all the bubbles from it. And, with 30 minutes I had plenty of extra time to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by andreanna View Post
    Wow, sounds like a lot of time and prep to only have things go south. I will stay with the breastform store. It makes more sense to have professional results and pay for the quality.
    Yes, Andreanna. Solid medical grade silicone breast forms start at only $125. Google: femskin

That sounds like a whole lot of trouble when you can buy quality breast forms "off the shelf".

Others have pointed out several problems but I will point out one more: Most of us have "pecs" or a little natural breast tissue so we need concave backs on our forms if the are to fit right and feel natural. For that, one would need a two part mold, front and back. And since real breasts are not symmetrical, we would need molds for the right and the left breast.

I don't think it's worth the trouble. Take the money you would spend trying to manufacture forms and just buy a pair.
    Making breast form molds IS a huge undertaking. I know. I made a few back in my early dressing days, Krisi. However, a curved back is NOT difficult. Since u must cast silicone forms nipples down. I only needed to wait for them to begin to harden. Then, lay a curved piece of plastic over the mold with a weight on it.

Impractical from a financial standpoint. If you have other reasons, that's fine.
    A starter kit of about a pint of 2 part is $30. Good for maybe a set of C's? You'll need a color kit because it comes completely clear. Maybe deadener if u want extra sag and/or a sticky finish? Most folks use a different hardness and type of silicone to make their molds. So, they remain flexible and easy to peel off your finished breasts. Another $30+. If not, you'll need special clay. And, may have to break your molds to remove the breasts! U can buy a release agent. But, I make my own. U won't need to worry about thinner for clean up, at least. Once silicone dries, just peel it off everything!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-13-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

@docrobbysherry well maby I need more practice or maby the product I use is a factor but I honestly never managed to remove air bubbles from silicone with out my vacuum chamber.
    do not label me for i am unique

Fascinating thread! Whether it's practical or not - isn't really the point. People spend absurd amounts of money on hobbies, passions, and imagine even clothes and makeup. A quick perusal of the internet reveals many guides, kits, special effect systems....spend the time and educate yourself.

Personally, what a neat skill to acquire and have lots of fun doing it. Does is really matter if it's perfect, no. If you are truly passionate about it or want to create something unique or different go have some fun. Who knows, you may succeed beyond your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Elle View Post
    If you are truly passionate about it or want to create something unique or different go have some fun.
    I'm envisioning boobs with christmas lights in them...

You can get "life casting" supplies at an art supply store, they use it for very detailed molds of body parts.
    Tried to get my SO to be my boob model, she thought it'd be too weird if we have the exact same boobs
    I've never been able to get the silicone parts right yet, thanks for the info, now down to the laboratory, (evil laugh)

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatperson1551 View Post
    ...bouncing ideas around.
    So to speak...
    I used to have a short attention spa