Thread: Took the McDonald's diet coke test and passed!!!

Took the McDonald's diet coke test and passed!!!

Hi all,

I've just got back home now and I am so pleased with myself, I finally had the courage to deliberately interact with somebody and I forced myself to go to the drive thru and order myself something. It was really busy too and I nearly backed out, but once another car went behind me there was no going back

Needless to say I was a bit scared but nothing happened and my best voice worked!! I have been out quite a bit now but interacting was the next step for me as so far I'll only shop when I can use the self service tills.

It may be a very small step for a lot of you girls but another milestone for me!

A very happy

Michelle

Congrats!

Congrats, That is a big step,

I did that once years ago, I was traveling in Raychel Mode.
    Basically guy in a dress. Come food time I drove thru a McDonalds and ordered.
    No issue at all from the people working there. they were too buy doing their jobs to care.
    but customer on the other side of the counter inside could see me thru the drive thru window.
    It was very obviously that he had words to say, but fortunately he was too far from me for any contact.
    I got my food and was miles away in minutes.

Definitely a big milestone, congrats again.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

love it, I too get nervous...I sometimes wish I could have a few drinks but then of course driving would be out...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Yes, congratulations. All those little steps add up to an eventual big one. They also give you more confidence and experience on being out. For me, interacting with others is one of my main enjoyments every time that I go out.

One step after the other and pretty soon you won't even give it a thought anymore.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats !!!
    Awesome isn't it?

Banned Read only
    Wow, congratulations Michelle. Thats an awesome idea by the way, drive thru with another car behind you, no turning back!

Now that's a "Happy Meal"! Good for you.

joni

Michelle,

I thought the test was telling the difference between coke and pepsi!

Well done, you. Like Robin says, having a car behind you certainly forces the issue. I presume the nervous tension whilst ordering didn’t spoil your appetite!

I certainly admire your bravery. I’ve got some catching up to do as most of my times out have been whilst accompanied.

Cheryl x

Rarely are our worst fears realized. It keeps getting easier! Have fun.

Reality Check
    Yes, I would like to do that at some point. The problem with ordering a drink is, eventually you will need to use the restroom and that's an entirely different topic.

Well done! Step by step, onward and upward. Nice going, Michelle.

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Kudos Michelle, for accepting the challenge and overcoming it. Well done.

Karen

Banned Read only
    Michelle, wearing black string bikini panties with lace always helps you pass, it just brings out the femininity, if you were wearing them this is probably why you passed.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Michelle,

Even the smallest steps are part of the overall journey, but you've bitten the burger bullet and got on with it, so kudos points to you.
    You did of course make one rather large boo boo. Mine's a Big Mac meal with diet Coke or Pepsi Max, at the double if you please!

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have done the Drive Thru test often, orgering in a eep male voice and presenting as a soft Miss Beverley.

Usually there are a couple of cars between you and the window so often a connection is not made.

Once with an army of girlfriends the connection was made and a girl in the back said she was a female impersonator.

Nothing like playing mind games. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's awesome. One day I will have a better voice.

Well done Michelle. They really don't bite - even when you order in your best male voice!

Done that, no problems at all at several different drive thru.

Nicely done, sis As they say, onwards and upwards... The longest journey start with the first step and every little step gets you that bit closer to your goal. But I think it is a bit like learning to swim or to ride a bike - there comes that moment when you have to let go of the side or take off the stabiliser wheels or let go off daddy's hand or whatever and swim or ride off on your own - and it is a fantastic feeling. Sure, you may have the occasional blip but you just get back into the water or the saddle and go on.

I think both those analogies are good, actually... Once you know what to do there is the option of diving in at the deep end and just going for it in one big courageous burst...(that's what I did way back in 2007 - scary as hell but having done it once every time after that was so much better and easier).

Will be watching and waiting with interest, sis - happy times ahead

Michelle
    xxx

Awesome step Michelle -- every little experience is a confidence builder!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Michelle like Stacy said your (our) fears are usually exaggerated, and this is just one more step towards many more to come! Enjoy yourself,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

No matter what happens you can always drive away get your drink first .Also good for you !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

The first step is the hardest! Pretty soon that will be routine and you'll be wanting more interaction, just for practice, and then for the fun of it.

Just a couple of years ago I sat in my car working up the courage to drive up to a valet parking attendant. Now I feel comfortable talking to random people I meet. People are fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]