Thread: Nice dinner outing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Nice dinner outing.

I found a nice laid back place to go called Newk's.
    Its a nice clean upscale sub and salad shop. Lots of other nice dishes too.
    First time I went there I was in 50/50 mode the next was 75/25 and tonight was 100% girl mode.
    The girl cashier recognized me from last time and treated me with respect just like last time.
    I placed my order she handed me my number and my cup and in doing so she said I love your outfit its really cute.
    I thanked her and got my drink.
    Another girl brought my salad and sandwich and said thank you Ma'am and enjoy your dinner. I said thank you and she left.
    So nice to be treated like a real person.
    The first girl came by to check on me and asked how everything was which was nice.
    She said I wanted to say I really do love your outfit can I ask where you found that top? I told her where I got it and some tops sort of like it.
    She asked where I got my hair done and all of that LOL.
    She was so nice to me and I thanked for being so cool.
    Her response was so refreshing and heartwarming.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-16-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Tracii,
    You're an inspiration to us all . A lot of us still have a way to go but it's great to know that places like this exist where we can EXIST
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

It's wonderful when we are accepted as people!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Spammer
    While I was eating a group of 20 something guys sat a few tables away and one smiled at me in a glance and the others paid no attention to anything but their food.
    An elderly couple sat right next to me and if they realized I was male they didn't show it.
    There was a man and wife with 3 kids in the corner and never a look from them either until they left.
    The one small girl in the family walked past me and said hi so I smiled and said hi back. The Mom smiled and said sorry and I said she's so cute I had to say hi and she said well you know kids love to say hi to everybody.
    I told them to have a safe drive home and she said thanks we will.
    So nice to have interaction with people who treat you as the gender you are presenting.

Hell-o Traci,
    What a great night! And yes it is nice to be treated with respect (no matter how we present)
    I can only guess that these girls that served you were a bit younger than you? (Maybe?)
    But asking about your clothing????? I'm thinking that they would rather get to know you, than care
    about your clothes!
    Buy them some frys next time, and really get to talk with them.
    They seem open minded.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    It's wonderful when we are accepted as people!!!
    But Lisa, I think Tracii is telling us that this is how things are normally. While it's nice to be treated well, in either mode, I think Tracii, me, so many others simply report that being treated well is the norm, not an exception.

Banned Spammer
    Yes Kristyn they were young girls 18 - 22 is my guess.
    Jennifer most of the time people at places of business are trained how to act towards TG people.
    The ones I think that have trouble are the ones that go over the top somewhat in their style of dress.
    If I had been wearing over the knee boots with spiked heels, fish net stockings and a short mini skirt the scene may have been quite different.
    My point is look more like most regular women and things go just fine.

Experiences like that are wonderful. I find that they happen more often as my experience and confidence build.

Congratulations on finding a gem of a place!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Traci:

What a wonderful short story of being out and about. Even when it's clear to me that I've been read, I've also had some really cool people treat me like I'm a 100% member of the female club. To say that it's invigorating doesn't do it, or them, justice. It's sublime. I've even had GG women chat me up in line at stores, oblivious to my testosterone poisoning. We can't ask for more.

Reading your story right before I go off to bed is a nice gift. Thank you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Spammer
    Rhonda is certainly is sublime.
    Being treated like I was tonight is all I have ever asked for in my TG journey.

Thanks for such a nice uplifting post

Sweet,, But I really don't care for Newks that much ,, They have one here,, We have eaten there a couple times,, The reason everyone treated you so well isn't the way you were dressed it's the way you act. Act like something wrong and get treated like somethings wrong,, Anyway who's gonna Harass a little small young Lady anyway? lol
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

It is nice to hear from others who do go out and get treated normally it tells me it is OK to be me.

Banned Read only
    As I've asked on so many of my other threads, why are a lot of people accepting and nice and others aren't? Are there more accepting people than we think, if so are we staying in the closet to much because of fear when we should be getting out like Tracy? What about the 18 to 22 year olds that were so nice, they aren't that far from our biggest detractors, teenage girls. Is 50/50 just as acceptable as 100%, anyway something to think about. Tracy glad you had a great encounter even though you were just a woman having a salad. Do it again and I'm sure you will.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    As I've asked on so many of my other threads, why are a lot of people accepting and nice and others aren't?...
    I go out a lot and find the number of unaccepting people I encounter to be vanishingly small. I've been misgendered a few times but I take that as an honest mistake, not hostility.

Now, I tend to avoid venues where people tend to get out of control, like raves and biker bars. Going to places like that is asking for trouble in any mode!

I also think that people may express animosity toward the TG community in general, but when confronted with one of us in person will conform to the rules of a civil society and treat us decently. The more exposure they get to us, the more likely it is that they will figure out that we're pretty good folks!
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-17-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    I'm 50/50 most every day and people are usually fine and don't think much of it.
    I'm sure I don't pass every time I go out 100% girl mode but some days I get it right or at least close enough to squeak in under the radar.
    Young lady? LOLOL oh please StacyB you are the spring chicken.

Eryn I totally agree.

Even though i do not go out ,just my choice at the moment it is always nice to hear a positive story like yours .Maybe just maybe i can do this one day
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo