Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name part 2

Not Karen, I think your should go with Holly, but just because I like it better than Trish. That and $4 gets you coffee from Starbucks!
    Last edited by Joannie; 03-15-2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Did not refer to a specific posting

A couple of days after I came out to my girlfriend as a crossdresser I had a dream. In that dream I was in a hall and I was looking for a meeting. In every room I looked inside were people that recognized me as "Gloria" and then I realized I was dressed as a woman.

When I woke up, I knew that was gonna be my female name. So in a way, it came to me in a dream

Renée was the name that came attached to a young lady I was friends with in HS. Theresa came from a suggestion of a TS friend of mine. The "surname" Davidson came from the fact I ride a Harley in male mode, though not for some time as it is in need of repair.

Robin was the name of a girl who sat next to me in middle school. I always envious of how perfect her makeup was. In particular, her eyelashes were long, thick and ultra feminine. I just wanted to be her.

I really enjoy reading this thread about how we pick our names, everyone has their own good reason.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Shelly,
    Back in 2013 when I joined I hadn't thought of a name being a closet dresser but when I signed up I had to make a choice , I don't like my full male name but used it for thirty years for my business , anyway I typed in Teresa and the forum accepted it so now I had a recognised femme name based on my real name .

It turned out to be a great coincidence because I'm now using the shortened form in some cases so Terry easily becomes Terri , some of my post is now arriving using that name but the useful part is my initials have remained the same T J H....... luckily my second name also goes from male to female easily . If and when I do change formally I have reduced changeover problems .

I picked Karoliina because I have Finnish roots and was lucky enough to visit Helsinki this past fall. I did a search for popular Finnish names and wanted something that at least started with the same sound as my male name, so I chose Karoliina. Plus, it has the bonus of meaning "Free Woman," so it is fitting since that is how I feel when I dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindaa View Post
    So when it came time for me to choose my name i picked the name i would have been given. Moms gone now so she dosnt know but she did get the Linda she wanted. Just took awhile for her to show up.
    That's so sweet!!!

Banned Read only
    I choose Phyliss as it was the name of the first girl I had a crush on.

Quote Originally Posted by karoliina_j View Post
    (- - snip - -) Plus, it has the bonus of meaning "Free Woman," ( - - Snip - - )
    Clever. I like the name too. Did you know that a "free woman' was also called a "lose woman". "Lady of the evening" AKA "prostitute". I know you sure aren't that type of woman, but the thought passed through my mind. Mine Leslie is Scottish and means "Like a plant"
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Actually Meredith is my real first name. I've always gone by middle name.

I Could have pick the name Talia! Its so Sexy

I have been Laura for the 50 odd years since I had Laura as my first 'proper' girlfriend. When I say proper, I mean at age 12 or 13, she was the first girl I really noticed as being a girl! In classes at school when I was bored, often, I would trace out her name from the letters on whatever text book I was reading at the time, to see how many times I could create her name on each page... pretty obsessive! I always loved the name, and it became 'mine' when the internet and having a feminine persona became the thing to do I had really thought of myself as Laura long before that however, so I guess I was ahead of my time!
    I recently became Lara when I purged a lot of my online material after a cancer diagnosis, and the threat of mortality hit me. Lara is a new name but same old Laura

Felizias is the female version of my real name and I really like it

My femme name is the female version of my name, kind of obvious really, but I am used to it now.

Having read so many of these I still have no clue how I settled on Abigail. Never known one. Doesn't relate to anyone I've ever known, famous or personal.
    So I've been begging of myself why Abbie?
    There are many female varients of my male name. Although Chrysta was one that only occurred to me recently. That MIGHT have been good. Who'd not want to be Chrysta Bell. Can't believe that cow's only 7 years younger than male me. (Abbie's 5 years junior to male me. That's a lot of makeup. Lol)
    My wife says she'll never call me Abigail, that's fine. I can't argue against her objections saying 'I'm still the man you married' then expect her to yell 'Abbie' when she needs her meds! She also complains it's close to my daughter's name. The 21 year old I haven't seen in 12 years. Hmm.
    So again why Abigail? Still no idea but it has stuck and it feels right somehow. Karmic, were I to believe in such a thing.
    Besides too many people know Abbie now!
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

I'm Sarah, mostly because I thinks it's soft and feminine, and my male name, Scott, is kind of hard sounding. It just felt right from the start.

Well my dad told me when I was young if I had been born a girl my name would have been Susan. I ask him why that name he said he was out working one day and saw a really bad auto wreck. Well he stopped to help and I think actually helped to save the couples life. Turns out they became life long friends plus af the time my mom was pregnant with me. He told his new friend if I was born as a girl he’d name me after the name of their flower shop they owned, named of course Susan’s florist on Preston highway in Louisville, KY

Red face

Rhoda appears briefly in the bible, somewhere around the middle of Acts. Basically St Peter is in prison, and a lot of people are having a meeting to pray for him to be released. He escapes and goes to the house where the meeting is, and bangs on the door. Rhoda goes to the door, sees that it is Peter, rushes in to tell everyone and forgets to open the door. So Pete is on the outside and can't get in, and is on the run. Meanwhile Rhoda is yelling "Peter is here!" which he isn't, because she has locked him out. Everyone else is saying, "No, Rhoda, dear. Peter is in prison, that's why we are having a prayer meeting to pray for him to get out. Er, you seem to have gone stark, staring bonkers."

My life condensed into one religious joke.

Ha ha I love it Rhoda. But at least she meant well

Not depend on any special reason.just felt more feminine to me .

Matches you Avatar.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I think that I own an explanation to everybody about my lately change of name.
    I choose Vanessa in a context of bisexual crossdressing because it had a strong sexual meaning for me.
    As I'm transitioning, my feelings, mindset has greatly changed, now the real me is being known for everybody and my personality is not the same bisexual very sexual crossdresser.
    Since always my wife in a warm way short the nickname she had for David, devito to Devi. At the beginning I thought that Debbie answers to that Devi but lately (you can read this story on a thread Uber S1E2) I realize that Devi is a female name in India and more than that is the name of the main goddess mother of all other divinities.
    So I am Devi, SM from San Martin.
    Now in the process of legally change it.
    Thanks,

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    My name is Hawai'ian for Brian. I discovered this while vacationing there and I absolutely love it!

I've asked several natives of the islands and no one is 100% on the pronunciation, so I say it as Pah-lah-ee-na but I've heard it as Pah-lay-nah. Either way it's fun lol

My last name is a play on the word Noctem, Latin for night, and nocturnal which has always been me. You say Carpe diem, I say Carpe Noctem lol

I am the night lol
    Last edited by Palaina Nocturnus; 10-14-2019 at 02:02 PM.

It might help you to know that a German developed the Hawaiian written langue. Then use common German annunciations for the syllables/ letters.
    Learned that when I was in second/third grade at Hickum Elemental school when we were on a field trip to the Bishops Museum. later we moved to a house about 5 blocks from the Bishop and I would frequent it on my Bicycle till we moved onto Wheeler Army Air Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaina Nocturnus View Post
    My name is Hawai'ian for Brian. I discovered this while vacationing there and I absolutely love it!

I've asked several natives of the islands and no one is 100% on the pronunciation, so I say it as Pah-lah-ee-na but I've heard it as Pah-lay-nah. Either way it's fun lol
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: