Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name part 2

Hi,

It took me a while to get my name. I started with female versions of my male name, but they never seemed quite right.

Then I thought about other names I liked. Simone and Kylie were my favourites. Unfortunately, Simone was out because that's my wife's middle name. Kylie was out because I'm Australian, and I didn't want to sound like a cliché.

A few months ago I got Michelle! Has a nice sound to it, in my ears. Can be shortened to either "Mich" or "chelle" or "shelly" (as we do in Australia)

Cheers!

I don't really know how I decided on my name Rachael. I guess I just liked it.

I've tried to work on female versions of my male name, but I didn't felt them as mine. At a certain point an old school mate's name came back to my mind, I adopted it and finally I felt it as mine, and now I'm proud to call my female name: Milena

Tina... it's cute and short.

I’m bouncing all over the place on this, but today it’s Kat

I knew a girl named Cheryll in the past, she was really cool and I loved the name. Not sure why I threw "lynn" on the end of it, but I like the way it sounds. :-D And honestly, until a few months ago I never even thought about a female name...
    -Cheryllynn

This Name Thread section is probably as good a place for me to bring this up. I'd like the usual advice, wisdom and loving understanding I always receive from my Sisters here.

ILENE is a construct of joining the forum discussion board. I needed a femme name when I signed up for an CD.com account. I didn't regularly use a female alias so I quickly seized upon my mom's middle name. Always loved the sound of it anyway. So.... right now, I am proudly "Ilene".

As I go down my crossdressing path into a more transgender realization and transition, I find myself thinking of a more practical name that may be more easily normalized with a transitioned femme existence.

[For the first time, I am going to reveal personal info about me. But I trust my friends and sisters here to not mis-use it.]
    My given male first name is Tom. Most of my childhood my parents and family called me Tommy. I cringed at that name when I was a child. I don't know why it irritated me so to be called Tommy, but it did. As an adult I used the more common Tom.
    While I love the name Ilene, as I consider the possibility of transitioning to life as a woman (full time), I am also thinking of aligning my femme name with my bio male name and calling myself something akin to who I've been known as all my life by all: TOMMI.
    TOMMI would be a version of my real Tommy name, and I could feminize the spelling. I can't help but believe that some day it will make changing my life documents a little easier too. And everyone already knows me as Tommi [Tommy].

Help? Thoughts? I value what you girls have to offer.

PS: Does anyone know HOW to change your Forum board name on this website? I may want to change it there too.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Hi Ilene

You can start a name change thread at the link below

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...-Help-and-News
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thanks, Shelly.
    I still want to throw this out for ideas and discussion with trusted forum members. I'll start a fresh thread on the subject of changing MY name.
    Peace.
    Last edited by IleneD; 03-26-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I chose Robin because he was my first gay BF. My intimate girl name is Danie
    lle..either works for me butt I prefer Danielle now.

I chose Sally largely because I needed a name to get set up here, but the more I use it the more I like it. Don't think I've ever known a Sally so I chose the first name that came to me

Renée
    Renee, picked name for 2 reasons, one is Renée Richards, the 2nd is the meaning, reborn/born again, kinda fits.

I love the name Alexandra and I love leather, so my name reflects this!

I had never taken a Female name until needing one to join this forum.

It just so happened that a few mornings before joining they were joking about creating your Rock Star name as the Name of your first pet and the road you grew up on.

Brutes didn't seem appropriate for this, he was my first dog as a child, so I went to our first female pet growing up and it sounded pretty good.

So now we have Ashley Walker

I do not have a female name and I can say I really don't want one.
    It seems that I am the only here that doesn't not have a female name.
    Not sure why I don't desire a female name, but I am who I am and a name is just a name.

I settled on Jenny as I love the name, Brogai is because that means shoes in the Irish language

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brogai View Post
    I settled on Jenny as I love the name, Brogai is because that means shoes in the Irish language
    Jenny, very good...most people think Brogai means "an Irish accent"

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I chose Babbs because of signing up I had to choose a name and all the good one's were taken...lol Babbs is a nickname for Barbara, and it's somewhat unique. I like it now and since I've started to go out in public en femme, its nice to have a girls name when asked what your name is

I chose Jenn as it's short for Jennifer, which is a name I have always liked. Plus it also fits in with the initials that most of my family has.

You're not the only one mate, I have no need or desire for another name.

Years back I settled on Sherri, as it's close to my male name and Christopher, as that's my Confirmation name, hence, Sherri Christopher!

My real life (male) name is Monty. I went with Monnica, because it combines the name. The two n’s in my name represent me and him. I have to try in this life to be both when needed.

I needed a name for the forum and some email friends and thought of names starting with the same letter as my male name. Didn’t want a feminized version like Davida so settled on Danielle. Last name is from a next door neighbour when I was a teen. Liked her but never had the courage to ask her out.
    I suggested the use of a female name to my wife years ago since I thought it would be convenient when out shopping together etc. But she definitely wanted no part of that and I never pursued it again with her.

I was originally going with Debbie when I first thought I needed a name even though I didn't venture into public and nobody knew I dressed. So when I started going out I figured I better come up with a name I'll remember to use so I went with Danicka and for the forum I use a short form of Danni. Chose Danicka because I liked the sound of the name, my real name is Daniel and I also liked Danicka Patrick from Nascar. So it has stuck for many years now.

My name comes from one of my favorite shows growning up. I used to watch the original ‘Dark Shadows’ tv show growing up. There was a character name Victoria Winters. And the show would start every episode with “My name is Victoria Winters,....” and discribe what was happening in the last few episodes. It was totally a soap but had monsters and cool vampires... not the sparkly ones. I feel in love with the name Victoria. I always though it was such a beautiful name and kinda fancy. I generally will go by Vicky since it’s a little shorter and easier to say.

I chose Kelly because I used to work with a girl with that name and I thought she was pretty cool. Also I just like the ring of it.