Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name part 2

I picked my name from the first girl i had a crush on

My wife gave me my name.

Newbie here..hello everyone my name is gina

I love that name too
    I'm thinking of using it for this site. If it's ok

I'm back after a four year absence. I go by Paula.

From Peter to Petra. I dunno, seems a bit lazy, but it's not common. New to all of this and not sure of my level of commitment. Baby steps are still steps I suppose.

I've been at this for decades, but I've never settled on a proper feminine name. Is that weird?

Swimtran, I don't think that's weird. I do think some of us, including me, think of our femme sides as someone different from the male person we present as most of the time. And those two sides are different, driven by all the things in our psychology and society that make being trans or a CDer so difficult at times. In the end I like having a separate name. I went to a CD store to shop, in guy mode. The owner asked about my dressing and my femme name. Then she called me Julie several times. I almost teared up having that side of me being acknowledged and accepted, while not being dressed as a woman. It even feels special just typing my name to every post on this forum. I recommend giving it some thought and try it. Julie

I've tried a couple of different names at different times, but nothing has stuck. It always feels artificial somehow. Maybe it's because I never chose my male name, and if I get to choose my own feminine name, since it's not given to me, it's not so firmly attached? I had a dream years ago where a name (Angélique) came to me, but after a while the excitement wore off. Turns out a relative has it as a middle name, and uses it sometimes on social media, and I felt a bit icky about using it further.

I see your avatar and I think you have chosen well.
    I see you, too feel, the same, every lady has to have a string of pearls.
    Did you know that real pearls need to be worn or handled at least once a week?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Swimtran, perhaps try a name that has some meaning that is relevant to you.

For example, Gabriella is not my name. I wanted something that was clearly feminine and had some meaning. I am unconditionally accepting and loving of my CD boyfriend, so sort of his angel. I'm not religious anymore, but appreciate the concept of angels, which are genderless but masculine, thus all the male names. And it seemed sort of appropriate that I would take on a masculine figure and feminize it... you know, considering. So that's where I went. I particularly like Gabriel, as he brought messages of hope (for those who believe in the Bible). And that's how Gabriella was born.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Swimtran, sounds like maybe you want to pick something, but are casting about for how to choose. If that's the case, Gabriella's advice to choose something with meaning, is sage.

I took a name many years ago, more or less at random. It never felt quite right. No meaning. Eventually, I decided to consider all of the strong women I have known. Some historical figures, some acquaintances, just brainstorming. Thinking of who my feminine self would most admire. The list got pretty short at that point. I knew I wasn't looking to be any of those women, not even to be like any of them, really. Just something that suited me. I threw in a little ethnic bias (turns out I've got a fair bit of Irish blood in me), and it came pretty quickly after that.

In the end, a name is just a name, so no, not having one is not any weirder than having one just to have one.

Cristina...i love the name, think its sexy...

I chose my name Sarah! Because it's the girls name who was my first crush and I truly envy all those with the name as well as the life the original Sarah has lived and is living I'm jealous of the name and the person I guess is what I'm trying to say

I've gone with Karina Ava Rae
    love karina.
    https://www.instagram.com/karinaraecd/

I have always loved Leann found it in a baby names book long time ago Tried to get my kids to name girls Leann but they didn't like it so fine I will use it to the best of my abilities.

My ex wife and I were sitting at the table and goggled a nice Irish gurls name.

In Irish, the name Kara means - sweet melody. Attachment 272421
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Mine is a spin from my given name, and a decent brand of drums as well..( I might be a musician too..)

Tina
    If I was born a girl I would have been named Barbara Ann. When I was young that was my femme name. When I came out to my wife she called me "Tina Marie" because I reminded her of an old friend so I changed my femme name. Later a drag troupe saw me and wanted me to perform so I came up with Tina Bell, a takeoff of tinkerbell. I actually worked out a couple numbers but chicked out.

Kym was given to me by a GF that suggested that I dress up and go out with her for a Halloween party. It was her ex roommates name and thats whose clothes I was wearing and it stuck. I have always like the name Kim but I really liked the twist of using the Y.

Rebecca, In my 30s I was having a relationship with a stunning gurl and just took a passionate interest in the pink fog.With the help from her I was on my way to my fem side,I tell her to this day "I'll always LOVE YOU" she gave me the name.

I'm new to cross-dressing, and so far I'm going my Emma, since it's the name that my parents would have given me if I were female. I like the name, and I think it sounds like the name of a classy, sophisticated woman.

Haven't decided yet on a name but, for now it is Mandi. Short for Amanda which is close to my real name. I have thought about keeping the A, going for Audrey, Amiee, Amy, Ariana, Angie, to name a few.

I had two close friends which placed an ie on the end of my male name. I secretly loved it, but that was 20yrs back ( I think they new before I did). I probably wanted MY name to have nothing to do with anything related to my past or present. I'd never met a Stacy, the name just grabbed me and said this is you.

I'll be Stacy forever now !!!

And I'm Loving it.

I chose my name simply because I like the names.