Thread: Windy City beckons

Windy City beckons

Windy City is beckoning me soon. I will be there for one night (afternoon - night - afternoon)before traveling further west. I am trying to plan my time there when I'll be by myself. I am also planning to fly pretty, not dress pretty, but may be business casuals. I hear Michigan Ave is a nice place to be in the evening and I'm thinking of walking along the Riverwalk in the morning. I would really like to experience dine-in experience at a decent restaurant that is friendly and accepting. Suggestions and advice from your own experiences in the city would be so welcoming. One thing I always struggle with is getting photos taken while out and about. I sometimes ask strangers and they often oblige but I hesitate to ask each time. It would be so much easier with a companion, I think.

I was contemplating taking the blue line from the airport but it might not be convenient with more luggage since Prazia always needs an additional luggage. How much does a cab or a shared ride go for from the airport to downtown?

The approximate taxi fare from O'Hare to Michigan Avenue (Magnificent Mile) is $50.00. I can only suggest if you are out by yourself, be sure to keep aware of your surroundings.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Selfie phone holders sell for $5 up. $10 if u want a collapsible column. I've got one that works great!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've been out dressed in Chicago and haven't had an issue. I've also taken the trains without an issue but if you have luggage that is a consideration.

Yes, walking Michigan Avenue is great. Chicago and Illinois are progressive places so wherever you chose to go or eat it shouldn't be an issue. There is a Cheesecake Factory in the Hancock building and I've always felt accepted there. State Street south of the river has a number of stores to visit too. Also, Millennium Park is a fun walk, or walking along the lakefront.

Have fun. You'll be fine.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Chicago is a dangerous city no matter how you're dressed. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially if you're out alone.

Prazia, if your on facebook you might check out ChicagolandTgirls .
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

I wouldn't go into the city for any reason. The burb's have plenty of places to go. PM me. I live in the near South suburbs. Never hand your camera or phone to anyone. Take a cab or Uber to get around. Hotel rates are more affordable outside the city.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 04-12-2024 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Discussion of weapons is not allowed.
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

It's a great city to have fun in, enjoy your trip.

I was in Chicago for work about every other week between October and February. I went out plenty at night and never had a problem (plenty of posts in the pictures gallery of my experiences). Yes, Chicago is a big city with crime, so be aware of your surroundings (Ubers are your friend). Enjoy and let us know how it goes!
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Chicago, the Windy City. I echo, have fun, but be careful. They can spot a visitor a mile away. Go Cubs.

I'd check out the Andersonville neighborhood. Lots of eclectic shops and dining places and it's largely LGBT friendly.