Thread: Growing up in a house full of girls Dresses and Tutus

Growing up in a house full of girls Dresses and Tutus

I often wonder if boys who have sisters are way more apt to become crossdressers, especialy those of us born in the 50s and 60s. Back then both my older sisters and younger one had closets full of day and party dresses. After that I remember my mom really trying to get me to accompany my sister selling girl scout cookies door to door in her old Brownie uniform, but I was too chicken. Of course I had worn it before so I knew it fit.

When I was about 6 my mother and aunt made me switch clothes with my sister to try and fool an old nanny coming to visit. I could not believe how much I looked like a girl in a puffy dress like Lucy in Peanuts wears. My sisters and the ladies kept teasing me for hours about how adorable I looked and that I should wear dresses more often.

Soon after this I was sneaking around trying everything from their dresses to their tutus, to their babydoll nighties. I did not try underwear till years later.

When I was about 9 my best friend suggested we try on tutus for fun, he had no sisters. Well we went full balarina tutus tights and slippers and were dancing around when we heard our cleaning lady howling with laughter ! I just remember us prancing back to my room very quickly to put our boy clothes back on. I was really scared she would tell my mom, but nothing came of it. I stopped dressing for several months but when my sisters came home with new Easter Dresses I was doomed !

I knew I was doing something wrong, but I was having so much fun seeing how I looked and felt in all the different outfits.

Any thoughts or Similar experiences

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Only trans/CD boys who have sisters r susceptable, Robbie. I grew up with a mom and sister. And, during the 25+/- we lived together I never once thot about trying on their clothes!

And, after I was married in my 40's we attended a Halloween party with her dressed as a man and me a ridiculouis parody of a woman with balloon boobs.

That evening out as a woman made such an impression on me I forgot all about it. It was only 10 years after I began CDing that I remembered that nite!

I don't think it's the clothes that make trans/CD's. It's in our nature to try them on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My family was Mum, Dad & 3 boys. It was 52 years later that I got bitten by the crossdressing bug. As far as I know, I am the only one who did.

I was probably around 12 and had been "dressing" - which means trying on my Mom's bra, panties, nightgowns and stockings, for about 5 years. My sister and I were dropped off at my Aunt's house for the weekend and at one point, my cousin who did a lot of gymnastics, wanted me to participate with her and my sister but I did not have my shorts with me. She offered (several times) to loan me one of her leotards to wear. I refused, although I REALLY wanted to wear it...I was very concerned my "excitement" would have been way too noticeable! That same weekend, when my cousin and sister were trying on various lipsticks - they wanted me to participate in that too. Again, I reluctantly refused...

No sisters here, just my mom's drawers and closet to raid. For me, the crossdressing was among my earliest memories in terms of the desire to crossdress. I think it was part of me from birth. Finally screwed up enough courage to try some of my mom's things when I was about 8 or 9.

Two brothers and no sisters. I tried my mom's bras on several occasions but not regularly when I was in the 12 - 15 year old range. Started to CD at age 74.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I had one older gay brother, 3 older sisters, and my very dominant mother. No one ever tried to induce me as some other experiences here but have always wondered if I was still influenced somehow to enter this lifestyle.

i had 6 older sisters growing up and i used to be jealous that they got to wear dresses when i was stuck wearing shirts and pants - to this day i cannot stand wearing dress shirts and pants - i used to color my toenails with magic marker to make them look pretty like my sister's nails - was quickly admonished by my parents who said "boys don't do things like that" - 3 of them left the house by the time i turned 10 and two more had left by age 12 - so then i had no more access to their clothes / undies
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

It is a common story, but the details of yours are interesting. I am an only child, yet I was attracted to and secretly tried on my mother's clothes. It didn't remain a secret for long - I got caught. That put an end to my exploration, but it did not end my attraction to girl's and women's clothes or, more importantly, the female behavior and thinking patterns that mixed with the somewhat more innate male behavior, much of which is also learned and not genetically determined. I did not like that attraction and for some time I tried to get rid of it by being more masculine - obviously that did not work very well. There was too much conflict between a dislike of the way I was expected to be, as a male, and the way that was more attractive, which was being a bit more girl-like in some, but not all, ways. Behaviorally androgynous.

Many of the experts in this field contend that, for a boy, simply dressing in girl clothes will not result in a lifetime of attraction or need. However it may trigger some kind of predisposition to become active. The trigger is much more complicated than a light switch, but the result may be similar.

We all have some basic genetic tools that generate a simple form of a gender identity that may be aligned with our sex or have unique variations that lead to a propensity to engage in certain behaviors such as cross dressing, identifying with the opposite sex, or attraction to the same sex, and a pile of other variations. It is not deterministic like eye color, but it is not free form either. The rest of the development involves learning what makes you feel most true and complete by exploration, experimentation, and having various experiences. In short, you grow into it mostly through learning and living. It is not really a sexual thing but can influence sexual behavior and visa versa.

I had an older sister and two younger brothers. The only things of my mom's or sister's I ever tried on were bras left to dry in the bathroom. I only tried them on to have something feminine to aim my testosterone at and never had any compulsion to search their closets or drawers. I was never impressed with the styles they wore.

I was close to my sister as a teenager (18 months apart) and the only memory of being jealous of females at that time was telling her "It's not fair the girls get to wear makeup to enhance their features while guys are stuck with what they've got naturally". Her response was "DON'T EVER WEAR MAKEUP!".

I'd say my mom and sister were never particularly influential in the development of my taste, which kicked in during my mid-fifties. I did choose a wife whose taste has inspired my taste greatly.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

I did not grow up with sisters, just a younger brother. Didn't have any close female cousins living close by, didn't had any families with girls my age living next door.
    No idea why, but for some reason I put on my mom's clothes around age 7 and liked it .. a lot.

So, good thought, but I think the only real effect of growing up with sisters is easier access to female clothing items in your size, it does not directly cause the interest in the first place.

I always had heavy boobs, and I had to cradle myself for support during the school cross country run. My sister and mother often scattered their bras about, and I tried them. But they were cotton bras with no stretch in the bands or straps. I did wear one to wet nurse a boy friend, which was fantastic.

Then I moved away to lodgings, where there were 4 girls a bit younger than me. They were well endowed, and I was desperate to try their brassieres. One weekend, I was alone, and I had a bra fest. I was a 36 A without trying! By this time we had bras with elastic straps & bands.

I put all the bras back in the drawers, but later in my room, I discovered some bras & camisole in my chest of drawers. I think the cami was from the landlady!

Since then, I have been desperate to wear a bra, and my fetish has only been fully fulfilled by online shopping.

Well I not only had one sister but I also shared room with her while our grandparents lived with us. I would be lying if it wasn't the sight of her beige pantyhose hanging on my bed post that didn't trigger me to try them on. She was a slob, pantyhose and slips everywhere and she would never had known if I tried something on. Our closes reliatives were two girl cousins that we were with a lot. Well there was only three Chanel's on tv back then and no internet or video games so we would perform plays and show our parents. More then always it usually was me dressed in girls clothes which got laughs from our parents. I would believe sharing room and hanging out with my girl cousins may have something to do with my early stage dressing. But I gave up trying to figure it out and by reading the rest it seams like whoever didn't have sisters turn to there mothers things, so there goes my theory.

No blood sisters here, but I had 2 girls that grew up across the street from me that were like sisters growing up and a single mother. I since we all went to school together we always went to the same store since we made it a group trip. Most of the time we all stuck together so I always had to wait until they finished shopping to start to get my clothes. At around 8 or 9 I always grew fascinated by their clothes as the styles changed. Even got jealous at times of the underwear they got to wear. Especially since when I was that young I still wore tightie whites and I felt the panty styles looked somewhat similar. As the years went one the jealousy was still there. I was around 10 or 11 when I started to question my opinion in my clothing and one night my mother and I were watching tv and a commercial appeared for a girls back to school, at that point I said to my mother and asked her why can?t I wear that style instead of my normal clothes. My mother looked at me and said that only girls wear those and not boys. At that point I felt my heart shattered and felt disappointed. About two days later we went back to school shopping and I cried a bit to myself thinking to myself I was in prison and just wanted to get the same as the girls but couldn?t. About 2 years everything changed I wasn?t thinking of wanting to wear the girls clothes anymore. Until one night while watching a show called Totally Spies every emotion and feeling came back about wanting to wear girls clothes in a heart beat. I went to my mothers room and challenged everything she said about only girls can wear those clothes and not boys. I did complete the challenge and here we are today.

Robbie, I have four sisters. Ergo, it was a target rich environment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I had two older sisters, who I shared a room with until I was around 11, I think it did definitely influence me, having easy access to their clothes and also being around them most of the time definitely rubbed off on me. I remember when they left home I really missed having the easy access to their clothes. I'll never know for certain if I'd have ever started dressing if I had no sisters or perhaps I always had a predisposition that they helped awaken.

I have 3 older sisters. Being the youngest, and the only boy, I felt left out quite a bit. I feel like that had a lot to do with my desire to dress up but maybe it just sped up and amplified the process that would have happened eventually anyways.