Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name part 2

Jeanette is my Female name for a couple of reasons but most of all Jeanette is the woman I fell for when I lived in Europe and the girl I let get away.

I had a friend named Emily who was called millie by almost everyone. She lost the battle to cancer on her 21st birthday. This is sort of my tribute to her.

I chose my female name after quite some deliberation, both to have a link to my male side as well as a link with my family.

Jennifer shares the first letter with my male name, and my femme surname (which I won't reveal here - it would be too easy to find a link back to me on Facebook!) is actually my mom's maiden surname. My femme name as a result has the same initials as my male side.

As for the link between Jennifer and my current nickname Yukihime, Yukihime is effectively Japanese for "snow princess" or maybe "winter princess", while Jennifer comes from the Middle Cornish Gwynnever (cognate with Welsh Gwenhwyfar), from Proto-Celtic *Windosēbaris (“white spirit”) and can also mean the "fair one". (Credit to wikipedia there!)

Also, and most importantly, I just liked the way the name Jennifer rolled off my tongue. 😁

I never needed a femme name... as I never had any real interactions other than through these boards... since I’m now going to my first actual support group meeting this weekend, I finally settled on Kelly.

I knew a couple Kellys in high school both of which I admired, one I ended up dating for a while after high school. I’m not in contact with either at this point (20+ years later) but the memories of both are good ones, and I always liked the name. My wife and I don’t know any Kellys currently, so that also helps to avoid any confusion

It was also one of two names that my wife “didn’t hate” on my list that I shared with her ... so I figure if she ever wants to know what I settled on at least it will be something she was ok with.

Kelly (aka VS Fan)

Banned Read only
    When I was in college, I dated a very beautiful and very extroverted woman named Monica
    She was a ball of energy and inevitably grew tired of her introverted boyfriend. I knew from the start that it couldn't last but would be a fun ride, and it was. My name is a bit of a tribute to her spirit, which I try to emulate to the best of my ability.

Davina, from which the male form is obvious. Plus it seemed to suit me in my black bob, so yea, whatever. Or if I'm feeling silly DavinaTheWeena.

When I started dressing again I began to contemplate a name that would "fit" me and something I would keep. It took a long time and I flirted with other names here and there but kept coming back to Felicia. The name conjures for me a few things. To me she is beautiful, flirty, sexy and fun but when I ran into this from 'urban dictionary' I swooned.

A constant source of comfort and my complete focus of attention. Meticulously sculpted in the visage of an angel. Such piercing and bright eyes that hide a troubled past, an uncertain present and a hopeful future. Expressions highlighted with accents of living color. A truly rare and selfless mind. A generous personality and a genuinely pleasant disposition. Someone so perfectly beautiful, inside and out, just full of love and life. A presence that could bring a smile to the most downtrodden and a heart so pure that it could cheerfully warm any of us even at our most bitter and jaded moments. Captivating. A smile that melts ice. Keeper of my heart. My Felicia.

LOL

I used to just go by "Randi" - but after a lot of evolving with this, my wife and I both decided "Stephanie" was better for my alter-ego. Simply started with a conversation about six years ago when she asked me, if I had been born a girl, what would I have wanted my name to be? Knew some very pretty Stephanie's through the years and always liked the name, so, that's where the "newer" moniker came from.

I chose Maddie because it sounds similar to my given name. And I liked the continuity.

Not really sure how i came to Melanie... Thought about it before and then one day the name Melanie just became stuck in my head and i went with it from there

My name is Roxanne. She was the prime femme character in the play Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmond Rostand. That character has always appealed to me, sort of a lost, unrequited female, sort of like my self in a femme way.

Roxanne Loves Life, as a Girl
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I chose Veronica as I always thought of it as it has always been my favorite gurl's name. However, there is a woman with whom I am hoping to date named Deborah, who makes stars appear before my eyes.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

I friend of mine (who doesn't know, i dress) liked to tease me, and joked that she and her friends were gonna tie me up and dress me as a girl, do my make up, etc. She then struggled to think of a girl name to call me (my name has no real female equivalent) but after a brief ponder decided to call me Charlotte.
    It wasn't something she kept up for long but it kind of stuck with me, especially since..well, you know.

If only she knew.

When I came to this site, I immeditely thought of that name and use it ever since when doing anything online en femme related.

I am more attached to it but I guess I still dont know if it really fits me but I struggle to think of anything else.

Nicole comes to mind but I don't feel lile it roles off the tougue the same way.

For me it was easy as my male name is Chris. When I was young I was bullied and they used to say, Crissy is a sissy. I hated it then but love it now.
    Crissy

Oh Chrissy, that is so sweet! I would adore being called that!
    Roxanne

Thank you Roxanne!
    Crissy

Mine is Angela

When I was a young man I had a secret identity “Chuck W...”. When I started dressing “Chuck” just wouldn’t do. So I chose Charli. She is the alter ego to my alter ego. And I love being Charli.

(The shrinks will make a bundle off of me some day!)

You are ever so delightfully welcome, Miss Crissy!
    Your Roxanne

Roxanne, You are very sweet, thanks!
    Crissy

You are always so welcome, Chrissy! I am smiling right now!
    Roxanne Lanyon

Banned Read only
    When I transition, I want my name to be Fiona.

When I chose my female name I thought of many but Fran kept hitting my brain as the only name that fit. I have a step-daughter named Francis and we called her Franny. So maybe that is why. It is also close to my real name of Fred and make it easy for me to remember. So sitting here at the keyboard waiting for the storm of a life time to come blow me away knowing now that isn't going to happen. I worry for my friends on the NC and SC coasts and hope they are OK.

My mother wanted to name me Jaymie but my father would not go for it... giggle I guess my dear old mother ended up winning out in the end.

I chose Cindy as my female name.