Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Time Wearing High Heels?

I was younger wearing heels. But my first time out and about with my SO. Yep had to wear my six inch heels and she walked beside me teaching my how to walk and approach curbs and how to step down, etc. By the time the evening was over I thought that I was walking like a woman. Little steps and proper stepping is the key to do it right.
    Part Time Girl

Diedre,
    Yes, I was a natural too from the first time I ever put heels on. Love my heels and a good comfortable pair with at least a 4'' heel is very hard to beat.Saw a woman wearing a pair of boots with a heel of about 2 inches....so pretty. I have got to find me a pair. Shopping......yay! lol
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Last edited by Brandy Mathews; 11-21-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    Brandy Mathews

For me, high heeled pumps started me on this adventure. I tried on a pair of mom's black patent stilettos and loved walking or was it strutting! The 3" heels were so natural and easy..... then why not everything girly?
    Sometimes, just a girl next door.

First time was in my mum's theses were about 2" so no problem. Fast forward 30 yrs later bought my own heels, 3" and I found no problems walking in them for long periods of time.

When I put on my first pair of high heels they were black pumps with four inch heels. I took to them right away and was doing very well, until I walked into the ceiling fan in the spare bedroom. This had never been an issue before but add four or more inches to my 6'1" and a low ceiling fan, ouch.

I just purchased some amazing red patent 5" heels.
    My first pair.
    I'll let you ladies know how I make out.
    Josie.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh dear.
    I may have been too ambitious.
    Difficult to stand.
    Nearly impossible to walk. Lol.
    I hope this gets easier before "date night".

"amazing red patent 5" heels."

My red heels are 5.25 had them 2 months and still cant walk. Girls make it look so easy and sexy.

I have always walked on my toes, so 3 inch heels were natural . i had some problems with higher ones till i took a deep breath and smiled . once relaxed it felt like heaven .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Rj...yer_detailpage

hehe on the side links there is one about walking in heels

The only place I wear heels is in bed
    I lived in them at one time but starter wearing flats and went back.

Lol. Thanks. I feel better now. 😜

First pair was one of my Mums. 3 inch black patterned stiletto. Very fond memories of strutting around in those. Have never looked back.

Aly
    Getting to know myself in a dress and heels again!

My first time was a little over a year ago. I walked around the house in a roommate's 2 sizes too small Jessica Simpson heels. I wasn't great, but I would take small steps and walk in an X shape, and I learned pretty quickly. Now I have 5 pairs of heels, and I can walk (sometimes run) on just about any surface. The key is not to take long strides!

xoxo Mischa

First time wearing heels was hard I bought 5'' heels that was ambitious to start with
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

my first time was around 9 year's old my mom had 2 pairs i wore black 4.5 inch block heeled pumps & white 5 inch block heeled pumps, both with round toe, wore them every chance i got,got caught too many times,fell down my stairs once in the black pair

I bought my first heels at 18 when dressing up for a Halloween party at college. Of course I had to have the sexiest shoes I could find with something like a 5" heel. That was all good until I put them on. Not only couldn't I walk in them, I could barely stand. Just taking a few steps without falling or twisting my ankle was extremely difficult. I had like 2 weeks before the party. I thought I might have to get some flatter shoes if I was going to do this.

I walked around the house every day in those heels. After a few days I was walking better. In about a week, I was able to slip them on and go walk around without a problem. Then at night I went outside and began walking around the neighborhood. Each day I did more walking. They became very natural and comfortable feeling. In fact when I was back in flats, I missed the experience of the heels and looked forward to putting them on as soon as I could.

Hello, I am new to the forums. I saw this thread and figured I would put my two cents in. My first heels were just purchased for me and received yesterday. I tried them on out of excitment and took a few steps. I have the feeling that I am gonna have to start wearing them around the house to get use to walking in them as I wobbled as I walked. Let the fun begin!

I remember that awkward first time well. Just practice. You'll get used to them and soon you will be fine. It's definitely a different step you have to get used to. Once you get used to them, if you like showing your legs you will wear heels all the time. Your legs will never look better.

My earliest memories of this is being like 5 years old and wearing mom's black 3" heel pumps at home and also going directly into Auntie's closet when we used to go visit and putting on her heels and wearing them the whole time we would be there. She had a great selection!! The ladies thought it was so cute and I don't think my dad or uncle cared at all!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Think I was like 3. Lol. At least that's what mom told me. Apparently I didn't have any problems because later on in life when I started buying my own, I took off running and never looked back. I attribute it to decades of playing ice hockey building up my ankle muscles.
    High heeled skates?

Hutton that sounds like fun

Banned Read only
    Always love walking in heels. No problems. Just got tallest stilletos yet... 5 inches, yay!

I purchase a pair of red heels a long time ago and immediately took to them

never problem from day oneP1180718ab.jpg

Beautiful shoes Jen.

Aly
    Getting to know myself in a dress and heels again!

5 inch stilettos take practice.
    Just sayin.
    Lol.