Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets hear it for supportive SO's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lets hear it for supportive SO's

While I know not all SO's are supportive, I wanted to give a special shout out to the ones who are.

I'm truly blessed to have such a wonderful girlfriend, a woman who loves me and cares about/for me, who doesn't judge me for what I wear or who I am. A woman who accepts me, flaws and all. I don't know what I did to deserve her, but you can bet I'll do whatever it takes to keep her happy.

So let's hear it for our SO's! And to those of us who are single, may you find one someday. To those of you who have an unsupportive SO, hopefully they come to accept this side of you in time.
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

I congratulate all SO's who work at a partnership however rocky it may be.

The grass is not greener on the other side.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I congratulate all SO's who work at a partnership however rocky it may be.

The grass is not greener on the other side.
    theres a wide SO spectrum from absolute rejection to acceptance - patience, communication and love allows some adjustment or calibration
    as to where the needle points on the SOAcceptance meter - hats off to those in the sweet spot

Thanks for the thoughtful post, Sai!

I too am blessed with an understanding wife and do my best to reciprocate.
    - Jacky ^_^/

Every day I wake up thanking my lucky stars for Mimi, who is not only supportive, but encouraging.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife has been so supportive since I came out to her about 2 years ago. I'd tried to deal with it, hide it, ignore it, purge it. None of it worked. When I embraced it and was honest about it with her, she jumped in with both feet. Rules are: Don't put either of us in a dangerous place. Don't ruin our local reputation ( i.e. business). Talk to her if the pink fog is getting too much. We've been doing great.

I am lucky to have a supporting so Fiancee. We both love each other for who we are.She accepts the girl that is a part of me. But I make sure Sarah always has time for my fiancee and I also make sure she still has her man too. I am gender fluid or TG. I am so greatful for my Fiancee and find new ways to shown my love for her. Having that Fem side helps me to be able to express that love. I totally agree with your post.
    Sarah

My wife is completely supportive and has been since the first day I had the talk with her (well before we were married). She is not only supportive but buys me fem things all the time. She also does all my ironing, mending, altering and anything else I may need. If I do any of the stuff mentioned she gets upset and says I'm doing her job. I wake up every day wondering how I deserve such a wonderful woman and try to show her constantly how much I love and appreciate her. So hats off to all supportive SOs. You are very rare and I salute you.

Yes, the love and support is sooooo vital. I am very appreciative of my wife. She is my strength.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

I agree! I never imagined getting to have someone to share this with and also know that my softer side isn't only because im a nice guy. It has been very wonderful and I am really greatful for my lovely lady!

I one of the lucky ones too! Thank you all, ladies.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Fantastic to hear that there are more like minded women out there that support their PIC'S (Partners in crime) lol my girl is terrific helps me shop and lets me dress whenever I want for those of us fortunate enough to have found an excepting spouse cherish her

My wife is supportive.
    She has set some boundaries.... no overtly feminine tops and at least one article of clothing must be male... top, bottom or underwear. My shoes are male, well except for one pair of leather clogs....

And I am ok with that.

The past two summers we have taken extended trips in our Airstream. It was wonderful. I dressed as I felt comfortable.

A most memorable evening was spent 'boondocking' next to a river north of Bishop CA this past summer. It was a full moon and a bottle of wine....I had just changed into a clean outfit after grilling, and she suggested a fashion show.

Tonight, She is in her favorite chair and I'm sitting on the couch... in a nice Vanity Fair gown and Shadowline robe. She's drinking a Modelo and I'm having a vodka martini.

Pretty nice.

I too have a completely supporting, even encouraging SO! It has deepened our love and friendship that I can freely express my femininity with her. She is special, and we have never been happier or enjoyed our life more after 46 years together!

My wife is great regarding my dressing. I dress around her all the time.
    She never says anything negative.

We've been out together, but not locally,
    She is afraid someone who knows us will see us.

Love her for putting up with all my other shortcomings too.

My wife is also very supportive of my dressing and we have been together for 25 years. We met when we were 3 and have been married twice each. We were always friends and talked many times before. She is the love of my life. She is always buying me something pretty and when I put on something and ask her opinion she tells me whether good or bad how it looks. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I wish all wives were so supportive.

I have been on both sides of the supportive/non-supportive SO fence. News flash: supportive is better! lol

I know I'm blessed, and I know I'll never take her for granted. Thanks for this reminder.

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Platinum Member
    Hi Ady , While my wife is DA/DT, she just don't want to see me while I'm dressed, She completely tolerates my dressing
    and even pierced my ears for me.~~......

Over our almost 52years of marriage she has been back and forth with acceptance.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I too have a very supportive wife. We go shopping together and she picks out clothing that she knows I will like. We have been married for a wonderful 36 years.

Silver Member
    My wife is totally supportive. She encouraged me to buy my first pair of heels, taught me how to apply make up and encourages me to dress and be dressed.

I'm also lucky to have a supportiv wife. She accepts my dressing and regularly buys me lingerie, make up, jewelry and clothes. I feel very fortunate to have her support

Mine is a true blessing - completely supportive in all ways. Will go out shopping for me, do my makeup, give me little tips and hints. Find little mystery gifts for me! She would take me out anywhere, I'm more cautious. She is all about Nikki!

Yep love my wife dearly! She is truly a blessing
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Hi, I too am luckie, my wife of two yrs now we have been together for 9. She would rather I be Josephine than Joe, she has been sick now for 3 yrs. That is why we got married. Most women want a girl friend too talk to then there husband. We have the best of both worlds.

I'm very lucky to have met Roxy, and even luckier that she said "Yes" when I proposed to her. She's very supportive, and she buys presents for both my guy self and for Melissa. I tell her (with a smile) that she got a two-for-one deal, a husband and a wife.

I think I might be the luckiest person ever. My previous two marriages... well, they were not accepting at all which is why I told Roxy right up front about Melissa. I had to know before we went further with our relationship if that was a deal breaker, and she was tentative at first because she'd never known a crossdresser. She knew some drag queens, I told her "completely different critters". She met Melissa and spent some time together and she's not only fine with it, she's very supportive as well!

I really think if you're going to get into a long term relationship with someone that you should tell them right up front. I know from my previous two marriages that it can cause more problems than the marriage can stand.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa