Thread: Pink Fog Descends........

Pink Fog Descends........

OK, I rarely post a stream of consciousness anything, but bear with me on this thread.

I have been resisting the desire to CD lately. Frankly, I'm afraid my desire to CD would take over my Life and mess up that Life. I think it revolves about fear of messing up an excellent relationship. While my SO has been totally supportive (even encouraging), this nagging voice in my head tells me to take it easy. So, I have been downplaying the subject lately. Suppose this is something for a therapist? Ugh!

Today, I spent the day doing chores. About 2:00, I finished and decided to go to the pool. I spent an hour enjoying the Florida November sun, then it happened....... The Pink Fog descended. I left the pool, took a shower and picked out an outfit. I decide to just "go Florida" with a short linen skirt, scoop neck sleeveless Tee shirt, makeup, wig,etc. What a mental transformation! After a few minutes of peaceful contentment, I had a cocktail and made dinner. Am having a lovely evening.

Did I mention that my SO wasn't home? I wonder if that was why I let the Pink Fog descend? Not sure on that. Just feeling good and thought some of the members would understand.

My wife is also very supportive and helps so I go with it as much as I can. You may be way over thinking this girl.
    Angie

I find it very easy to let the pink fog descend on a warm evening on the Florida Keys.

The cool breezes and balmy weather add to the pink fog.

Not to mention the girls on the beach. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    I have been resisting the desire to CD lately. Frankly, I'm afraid my desire to CD would take over my Life and mess up that Life. I think it revolves about fear of messing up an excellent relationship. While my SO has been totally supportive (even encouraging), this nagging voice in my head tells me to take it easy. So, I have been downplaying the subject lately.
    Don't downplay it too much. I think the Pink Fog has a greater chance of taking hold, the more you do suppress. I suggest that you set aside regular times to dress and follow through. This way, you'll know they're coming up and it will help the seemingly uncontrollable urges if and when they do come at inconvenient times.

And yes, it does make sense the urges will be strongest when you are alone.
    Reine

I echo what Reine says seeing how much repressing I've done of late. Even though my parents know, I don't think they are comfortable yet with seeing me wearing women's clothing but I am so close to buying a bra and panties even if I have to be creative with hiding them.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Dive in to the pink, fluffy stuff girl!

Taking it easy while your SO is around strikes me as a very prudent approach, Joyce... But when the cat's away, might as well indulge in some pink cheese...

If you think you have your situation managed, why worry...? Enjoy your free time and the supportive SO when you get the opportunity...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

to much pink fog, brings on full time Pink fog. You go to sleep in pink fog and wake up later as a woman. Takes time but seems to happen more and more lately.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

If your SO is not only supportive, but encouraging as you say, why the fear?? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you let dressing consume your life, but why not just relax, communicate candidly and effectively with your SO, and explore further??. Why not seek balance in your life, rather than be overly cautious??

Karen

The pink fog has descended at my place. I'm used to dressing every day for a few hours, but this week I had to spend two whole days entirely in drab (underdressed of course). It feels soooo good to get back to normal!

the more you do dress with her, even if it's subtle, more andro styles, the more comfortable/acclimatised she will be anyway - familiarity breeds ... familiarity.

i'm finding a relative pink fog, where if i'm even in andro or muted colours for a few days I just need a day of full-on pinkness. the girl will out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    I remember when I finally figured out what the pink fog was, for me. It was simple happiness, and respite from the nightmarishly bad way I felt when in drab, going about my daily life.

I was pretty surprised when I figured this out.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with taking the high road. "Honey, I love the way you accept my gender interests but, more importantly than that, I Love You. Let's concentrate on what makes you happy for a while."
    And, just give it a rest. You're in a relationship where it's not all about you. It's about y'all.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Finding that balance point is hard work. Be open and honest with your S.O. and yourself and expect that teeter-totter to bang on the ground or toss you in the air from time to time, balance is that hard. Setting aside a time or a situation that works for you can be a good idea to help avoid the wild or poorly timed swings that Pink Fog tends to produce. The only thing missing is the photo to share with the forum so we can be fully envious of your time by the pool.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.