Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is how its done.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

This is how its done.

Found this vid on YT and for you that don't go out or those wondering about going out. Amanda shows how its done.
    Be friendly say hi when people speak to you don't be afraid.
    Amanda is a real hoot and knows how to make a stressful outing more pleasant.
    You notice the girls in the Dollar Tree know she is a guy but her being outgoing makes it easier for them.
    https://youtu.be/nOeIwJSooKk

Banned Read only
    Thanks for sharing this Tracii, inspirational! Great video, she totally has the manerisms down! Amazing figure, especially for a chic buying a 24 of beer! 😲 LOL 😃

Banned Read only
    A little too nasally and flamboyant for my tastes. She reminds me of Janice from Friends.

Hell-o Traci,
    Great video, and Amanda does own it, and that is exactly how it's done!
    Reminds me of something Robin once said.... Amanda knew that they knew that she knew they knew she knew they know.
    So instead of hiding and walking out. She acted as if it was no big deal, had some fun, and nobody cared.
    Also remember she had her friend along with her.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    I did figure the too flamboyant term would come out and yeah maybe she is but her method of dealing with the people is spot on.
    Be friendly and own it and people usually respond to being treated in a friendly manner.

Fun to watch. Funny, too, remembering my early days when a miniskirt and heels seemed appropriate for everywhere! As has been said here many times, you don't attract a lot of attention because you're crossdressed, it's the extremes we tend to go to. I remember all too well when I was in my late teens and early 20's making the rounds of many convenience stores late at night Big hair, short skirts, high skinny heels, a ton of jewelry, red nails and blue eye shadow. Think anybody could tell?

Banned Spammer
    Oh Rhonda I do remember LOLOL.

The point here is she knows she doesn't totally pass and it doesn't really matter.
    Doesn't seem to matter to the people she talks with either they seem to enjoy her.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-20-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Her flamboyant mannerisms don't bother me. In fact, I find it kinda fun. What bothers me is her shiny black mini dress with five inch heels at a Dollar Tree.

It's coincidental that you post this video because I thought posting one in the opposite direction but I didn't want to come across as a hater. I found several vids on youtube of crossdressers wearing completely inappropriate clothing for their age and/or location. They came across as creepers and perverts.

At times I've seen a thread or two where comments hint at CDing needing a positive representation so we can collectively let the public know this isn't a lifestyle for sexual deviants. I don't think a 60 year old man dressed as a little girl playing in the park or a 40 year old dressed as a sissy going into the grocery store (yes I saw that on video and no amount of bleach and scrubbing is going to take it away) is going to further the cause of showing CDing in a postive light.

~ Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Spammer
    Myself I dress pretty normal like all the women I see so you wouldn't see me dressed like that too often.
    If I'm going to a club maybe because all the other girls are dress that way.
    The really way out CD's do tend to cause a stir and look pretty ridiculous sometimes, so do some very wealthy GG's so I'm not one to judge too harshly.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-20-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Yes Sayyidah,
    The public sees the occasional CDer in a short skirt, and some tall heels.
    But to call that person out, and say they're doing the community an injustice
    is just not their problem, is it? It's more yours, and anyone else the may make some sort of assumption
    about CDers without actually knowing anything about the CDer.
    Getting out and worrying about passing 100% can really ruin the whole experience.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously.
    Try to look the best you can and have a little fun.

Great video- but there is one point not mentioned- the camera effect- when people know they are being taped the store clarks or otherwise, they are going to be on their better if not best behavior. This is why 'reality TV' is such a great lie (aside from misusing the abbreviation "tv"...) people act different in front of a camera.

But that does not take anything away from what you said- crossdressing can be a lot of fun- like many if not most things- you get out of it what you put into it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tracii,

Interesting video for certain. However, you are right that should someone be ready to go out the only way forward is to own it and understand that people know. There may be a minutia percentage who truly pass but even they will have some tell tale sign which identifies them as male. Many will blend on first blush but will never survive first contact and some will always be evident. In my experience the key ingredient is to accept you will be made/read and get comfortable with that. Only then can you truly give up caring and just go about your day doing what you need to do.

Even though I am full time and may blend, I never pass and by the end of the day after close to 10 hours in make-up, goatee shadow is peeking through (even with powder touch ups), face is tired and voice is wobbly after an entire day of trying to sound female. If I have to stop for something or run errands on the way home . . . goodness the presentation is definitely not there and the kid ain't pretty by that time. Still, I just get out and accept the fact I am a woman albeit with male physiology so if you don't like it . . . tough.

Cheers

Marcelle

Tracii, I think you have definitely found a flamboyant example of 'CD in the Wild' there...

I am not sure that the declarative: "This is how it's done" I could fully concur with, but I think it is true that it represents how one part of our community presents itself. I think there's a lot of truth in the views already presented here, even though they may appear contradictory...

My first feeling was probably close to Sue's - clubwear to shop for a shower curtain and two-dozen Michelob...? Not for me, but then Kristi's point that this was, after all, staged and videoed, does have a bearing on both responses and the performance of the star (because it is a performance - Amanda is definitely going for radar reflective rather than absorptive here...). On the other hand, you do occasionally see GGs out shopping like this... it's just a choice of style, but we can't all be like Amanda... the behaviour is all a bit 'DQ goes shopping' which is something of a parody of CDers... Just confirms again what a broad miscellany of styles, motivations and behaviours we are...

I wonder if she was bathing in Michelob...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Seems like so many people are focused on what she is wearing, pay more attention to her more natural interaction. Perhaps this video may get people to pay more attention https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VkhWJsGun8

I don't think she's a crossdresser who wishes to be regarded as a woman but an entertainer in the same vein as a drag queen/female impersonator.
    She seems to like getting attention (posting on Youtube confirms this) and doesn't worry about the reaction she gets.

If you wish to blend in (like most of us here do) then I don't think this is the way to go about it. If you wish to give people a 'show' then perhaps this is the way.

Banned Spammer
    Again some here seem to be missing the point I was trying to make.
    Why so many CD's have to critique every tiny little thing and bring negativity into the picture is beyond me.
    The second video shows her dressed nicely and interacting with people, and from my experience most people I come in contact with act the same way and I don't film videos like this so the "they are being filmed so they act nicer" concept really doesn't wash.
    She may be a gay CD you don't know and that could very well be natural mannerisms for her we just don't know.
    I try to bring a positive light on things here and seem to get shot down for it so I give up.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    That was fun, however in some ways I felt she was a bit over the top. Her interaction was good though

I apologize Tracii. I didn’t mean to kill your joy or disparage the CD sister in the video. I think she’s awesome. And I think it’s pretty damn amazing that she had the stones (forgive the pun) to get out and be herself. I really do. I kinda agree with Cheryl in that she comes across more as a performer or entertainer and not someone who just wants to be.

But to answer HoH’s question… I remember a few years back when basketball hall of famer Charles Barkley caused a little stir when he stated he isn’t a role model. Maybe he didn’t claim or want the designation of role model but he was. It can’t be argued. I’ll get back to this in a second.
    I know of four of five girls here on the forum, who like me, are from Houston. I’m sure there are CDers here in Houston who are not members of the forum… lots. Let’s go big. Let’s say there are 5000… no, 50,000 crossdressers in Houston. That is one percent of the approximately 5 million people in the surrounding area. One percent.

It is safe to assume that if we’re clocked, we are the only representation the general public gets of what a crossdresser is like. It’s not like there are a bunch of us around so we’re it.

So is it her problem? To quote my favorite cartoon character Phineus of Phineus and Ferb fame… Yes. Yes it is. I bet the trans ladies would agree and here’s why.

Here in Houston, we had an ordinance get soundly defeated that would have allowed trans ladies the ability to go into the restroom that parallels the gender they are expressing. It got defeated because of a campaign against it that focused on the bathroom issue making statements about deviant men in skirts going in to the women’s restroom. That’s what they think of us. And until we (individually and collectively) change that perception that’s what the muggles will continue to think of us. So like Barkley, whether she likes it or not, she is a representative of the larger community and it has real ramifications.

Today is Transgender Day of Rememberance… it honors women and men who were murdered because of the gender they choose to express. Yes, it is her problem. Whether she likes it or not, she is a representative of the larger community (we all are) and it has real ramifications.

Hey if you like to dress in a maid's outfit with a dozen petticoats... more power to ya. If you get off on the sissy/sub side of CDing... go on witcha bad self girl. Get some. But be aware, that like it or not, our actions do affect others.

Much love and hugs to you all.
    S.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Fun videos! I like her gestures. But I wish the cameraman would get ahead of her sometimes rather than have half the video being of her back. And I admire the level of interaction she's comfortable with - I'd be exhausted if I did that. Krististeph mentioned the camera effect -- that cuts both ways, not only does it make the SAs be on their best behavior, it probably puts Amanda on her best and most interactive behavior because the film would be boring if she just walked around and didn't talk to anyone, right?

On representing crossdressers as a class, I'm torn -- I understand the criticism, but if you feel that the sissies, the micro-skirts with sky-high heels are damaging public perceptions, then get out there yourself with your representation that you feel reflects credit on us and show the public what your "average" crossdresser looks like / behaves like. There will always be a fringe element and if they're the only ones who go out, then I don't think it's THEM that are poisoning perceptions, I think it's the silent stay-at-homes.

Thanks for posting Tracii, I thought it was a bit much at times too, but let's say if this was shot on a Friday or Saturday night I can go with it no problem, 9:00 PM it's time to go out and let your hair down.

But in retrospect if Amanda was going out during normal daytime hours maybe, consider a few more inches on the skirt and and a inch or so down on the heels she could fit right in.

The point here is to be friendly no matter what your style of dress is and it will be a good experience for everyone, people are attracted to confidence.

Thanks for posting that, Tracii. I completely understand what you are trying to say.
    YouTube is all about getting noticed and this girl is trying to do just that. I found her annoying but, yes, Tracii was highlighting the positive angles. Sue, you are also right on the money. It does seem, though, that the types of dressers you describe seem to keep it behind closed doors. I have talked about this issue with friends and have stated that I hope that if John Q Public does take away anything from my being out it is that CDs are just regular people.

Don't give up TraciI ! So what if she was a bit flamboyant. She seems happy ,she's loving and owning it. Good for her. Thanks Tracii.

Banned Spammer
    When I make a post like this it is meant to help those that want to represent but just don't know how or are afraid to make contact with others if and when they do go out.
    What does irk me is the stay at homes that pass judgement on those of us that do get out.
    Tell us how to dress,how to act when interacting with the general public as not to shed a bad light on the trans community and yet they do nothing to further the cause.
    Personally I am not as flamboyant as Amanda which is just the way I do it but I'm not going to disparage Amanda for her style.
    We all know a 50 year old guy should not go out in full sissy mode or in a diaper and a bonnet, that stuff should stay at home if that is what you are into.
    Am I passing judgement on the sissy dresser no. All I am saying is use some decorum.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-20-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Tracii, no one is shooting you down in flames. I think most people here appreciate your posting of the video.
    The issue seems to be our reaction to how Amanda is behaving. Yes, she is at liberty to dress and behave how she likes (within reason) but I guess a lot of CDers who wish to 'come out' must groan when they see videos posted like this; it just seems to reinforce the stereotypical image most people carry in their heads about us and hence their reluctance to accept it - especially SOs.
    Yes, you have a point in that instead of complaining we should get out more and show everyone what ordinary CDers are like. However, it's not easy for people to simply don a dress and hit the malls.
    It would be interesting to see what reaction Amanda would receive if she simply walked past a primary/elementary school when the kids are being picked up (something we've all done at some time or other) or to go into a redneck bar. I'm sure that she would wish she'd dressed down a bit.

Btw, as they say, "You cannot please all the people all the time. You can only please some of the people some of the time". It's one of the reasons I've never run for president!
    Last edited by Cheryl_Layton; 11-20-2015 at 12:14 PM.