Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is how its done.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

This is how its done.

Found this vid on YT and for you that don't go out or those wondering about going out. Amanda shows how its done.
    Be friendly say hi when people speak to you don't be afraid.
    Amanda is a real hoot and knows how to make a stressful outing more pleasant.
    You notice the girls in the Dollar Tree know she is a guy but her being outgoing makes it easier for them.
    https://youtu.be/nOeIwJSooKk

Banned Read only
    Thanks for sharing this Tracii, inspirational! Great video, she totally has the manerisms down! Amazing figure, especially for a chic buying a 24 of beer! 😲 LOL 😃

Banned Read only
    A little too nasally and flamboyant for my tastes. She reminds me of Janice from Friends.

Wind it in Tracii... There isn't anyone here who has mentioned the word or expressed disgust at what Amanda is doing or how she's behaving...

You've presented this as a model of behaviour and attitude and no-one is knocking her outgoing, friendly approach - simply saying that this isn't necessarily an absolute model is not being negative: it's being pragmatic. If I have any issue with your post it's the position you take with this statement:

..for you that don't go out or those wondering about going out. Amanda shows how its done.
    I wouldn't be encouraged to go out if I thought that this was the only way to present in behaviour, attitude or dress - and what's good for Amanda in her home town is clearly not the same everywhere and for everybody. If you're trying to make the point that confidence, friendliness, a big smile and positive engagement is a good way to get out, then that comes across - but it's not the only way, and it's not necessarily the best way for everyone or every environment.

Nobody's knocking you for posting the video - it's not you and it's not your video. The opinions that others have regarding the stereotyping are perfectly valid and do have an impact on public perception - and let's not forget we are different and something of an unusual niche on this forum. I really like the idea of a body-hugging mini-dress for me... until I have to go out... Then my level of comfort is about trying to be a little classy... and maybe sexy too... But most of the T-girls at clubs make Amanda look quite conservative... Realistically the proportion of 'fetish/sexy' T-girls versus 'blendy CD/TG' types is not likely to change radically and so public perception will be determined very much by the former... (that heavily outweighs the latter, I believe) I suspect we'll be fighting that one for decades...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hell-o Traci,
    Great video, and Amanda does own it, and that is exactly how it's done!
    Reminds me of something Robin once said.... Amanda knew that they knew that she knew they knew she knew they know.
    So instead of hiding and walking out. She acted as if it was no big deal, had some fun, and nobody cared.
    Also remember she had her friend along with her.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    I did figure the too flamboyant term would come out and yeah maybe she is but her method of dealing with the people is spot on.
    Be friendly and own it and people usually respond to being treated in a friendly manner.

Fun to watch. Funny, too, remembering my early days when a miniskirt and heels seemed appropriate for everywhere! As has been said here many times, you don't attract a lot of attention because you're crossdressed, it's the extremes we tend to go to. I remember all too well when I was in my late teens and early 20's making the rounds of many convenience stores late at night Big hair, short skirts, high skinny heels, a ton of jewelry, red nails and blue eye shadow. Think anybody could tell?

Banned Spammer
    Oh Rhonda I do remember LOLOL.

The point here is she knows she doesn't totally pass and it doesn't really matter.
    Doesn't seem to matter to the people she talks with either they seem to enjoy her.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-20-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Her flamboyant mannerisms don't bother me. In fact, I find it kinda fun. What bothers me is her shiny black mini dress with five inch heels at a Dollar Tree.

It's coincidental that you post this video because I thought posting one in the opposite direction but I didn't want to come across as a hater. I found several vids on youtube of crossdressers wearing completely inappropriate clothing for their age and/or location. They came across as creepers and perverts.

At times I've seen a thread or two where comments hint at CDing needing a positive representation so we can collectively let the public know this isn't a lifestyle for sexual deviants. I don't think a 60 year old man dressed as a little girl playing in the park or a 40 year old dressed as a sissy going into the grocery store (yes I saw that on video and no amount of bleach and scrubbing is going to take it away) is going to further the cause of showing CDing in a postive light.

~ Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I haven't watched the whole thing but what comes across to me is what I try to do when I go out. We are, in essence, acting. We are being someone different from our usual persona. So you think yourself into the role and you just go out there and be natural. I go out wearing clothes appropriate to my age and to where I am going and what I am doing. I might criticise Amanda's choice of clothes but that is personal choice. But I applaud the way she deals with real life. Tomorrow is going to be a Michelle day for me...I will go out to the shops late morning and I will be Michelle - I will be acting that role. I will not feel self-conscious, I will not be apologetic. I am 6'4" and I'll be wearing shoes or botts that make me even taller but hey that's me, that's Michelle. The world can take or leave me; I look people in the eye, I talk to them (in my deepish north of England accent), I don't try to hide. Imagine being on stage in a production - that is what you need to do; that is what Amanda does, and does it well. Doesn't matter if she sounds gay, who gives a flying f***? She is acting the part that she has identified and she carries it off so well. And that is what to do - THAT is the message to take from this vid clip. Decide what part you are playing and just go and do it...hell, it's actually incredibly easy after the first time.

I would happily take each and every one of you out on the streets of any of my local towns and show you how easy it is - the world doesn't care. No-one is going to slag you off. Much more likely you will get complimented because that is how people are. I've been up to London on the train (3 hour journey), I've been to York and travelled back from there by train (5 hours) and I have walked around as Michelle and nowhere in 8 years have I experienced any antagonism. Look at Amanda - she is HERSELF, she doesn't care what anyone else is thinking. The angst is in your head - it's the same nervous excitement that you get when you are appearing on stage or in front of other people - it's all in YOUR head not theirs.

As the strap-line for a famous brand of sports wear says "Just do it"

I promise you it's easy and you will enjoy it soooo much

Michelle
    xxxx

P.S. And I'm still only on the first glass of wine!!!!!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously...
    I think this is the whole point of the video. Whether you like her style or not, she is out there...the batch, botch, betch, butch, oh damn her!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    ...Amanda knew that they knew that she knew they knew she knew they know...
    So let me get this right, you're saying that she knew, that they knew...as above ad infinitum.

It really is that easy but for whatever reason, it's our own ghosts that haunt us. I know that fear, but I do get out now and then to exercise those ghosts and love it when I do.

...All you guys want to do is pick apart every little aspect of her actions and the way she dresses, that wasn't my point from the very beginning.Holy freaking moly!!
    ...I'm done trying to make my point........................and people wonder why members leave here?
    I made mention of this problem just last week in another post, reference people completely missing the point of what the OP is actually saying. It's more the spirit of the vid than the actualities. Keep on going Tracii, some of us love you. But only in a not too gay and effeminate way of course! Oh and seeing as it wasn't asked for and totally off topic, I'm wearing mauve girl undies today.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 11-20-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Yes Sayyidah,
    The public sees the occasional CDer in a short skirt, and some tall heels.
    But to call that person out, and say they're doing the community an injustice
    is just not their problem, is it? It's more yours, and anyone else the may make some sort of assumption
    about CDers without actually knowing anything about the CDer.
    Getting out and worrying about passing 100% can really ruin the whole experience.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously.
    Try to look the best you can and have a little fun.

Great video- but there is one point not mentioned- the camera effect- when people know they are being taped the store clarks or otherwise, they are going to be on their better if not best behavior. This is why 'reality TV' is such a great lie (aside from misusing the abbreviation "tv"...) people act different in front of a camera.

But that does not take anything away from what you said- crossdressing can be a lot of fun- like many if not most things- you get out of it what you put into it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think it's been said here many times if you are going out dressed you should just be yourself with just a hint of feminity,
    I think that's how I try to be and honestly don't know how often I pull it off but I try

I did post this to show you can have a good time CDing if you just don't take yourself too seriously.
    Try to look the best you can and have a little fun.
    that she did. I may never go out in public again. Was she trying to get someone to out her? The airplane directing hand motions were...well over the top
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tracii,

Interesting video for certain. However, you are right that should someone be ready to go out the only way forward is to own it and understand that people know. There may be a minutia percentage who truly pass but even they will have some tell tale sign which identifies them as male. Many will blend on first blush but will never survive first contact and some will always be evident. In my experience the key ingredient is to accept you will be made/read and get comfortable with that. Only then can you truly give up caring and just go about your day doing what you need to do.

Even though I am full time and may blend, I never pass and by the end of the day after close to 10 hours in make-up, goatee shadow is peeking through (even with powder touch ups), face is tired and voice is wobbly after an entire day of trying to sound female. If I have to stop for something or run errands on the way home . . . goodness the presentation is definitely not there and the kid ain't pretty by that time. Still, I just get out and accept the fact I am a woman albeit with male physiology so if you don't like it . . . tough.

Cheers

Marcelle

Bah,,Haa,,,Haa,,,, There you Go Shorty,,, Try and Try and Try,, I Really Commend you for the effert I really do,, But there is always a But,,, You have to understand that the Most common element of Gender Dysphoria is DENIAL !!!! An nothing in this world will ever get these folks to agree on the going out thing,,lol,,

We are all different and have different reason why we do what we do,, I understand what your doing but I don't understand is WHY someone that is Dead Set on not going out would even reply to this thread? If you don't want to go out just STAY HOME ,, This thread is for the ONES that Want to go out an don't have the courage YET!! GET IT ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Spammer
    Thank you StacyB you totally get it.
    Now go make me some biscuits beotch.LOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    You have to understand that the Most common element of Gender Dysphoria is DENIAL !!!! An nothing in this world will ever get these folks to agree on the going out thing,,lol
    On the Gender Dysphoria, I agree with you. There are TSs who were in denial over being TS for many years (thinking they were CDers). But are you suggesting that the CDer in the video has Gender Dysphoria and she is a TS in denial?

She may be, or she may not be. But I don't think we can take it for granted that she is. No one here can possibly know what relationship she has with her male self.
    Reine

Tracii, I think you have definitely found a flamboyant example of 'CD in the Wild' there...

I am not sure that the declarative: "This is how it's done" I could fully concur with, but I think it is true that it represents how one part of our community presents itself. I think there's a lot of truth in the views already presented here, even though they may appear contradictory...

My first feeling was probably close to Sue's - clubwear to shop for a shower curtain and two-dozen Michelob...? Not for me, but then Kristi's point that this was, after all, staged and videoed, does have a bearing on both responses and the performance of the star (because it is a performance - Amanda is definitely going for radar reflective rather than absorptive here...). On the other hand, you do occasionally see GGs out shopping like this... it's just a choice of style, but we can't all be like Amanda... the behaviour is all a bit 'DQ goes shopping' which is something of a parody of CDers... Just confirms again what a broad miscellany of styles, motivations and behaviours we are...

I wonder if she was bathing in Michelob...

Katey x
    Stefani Germanotta

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Seems like so many people are focused on what she is wearing, pay more attention to her more natural interaction. Perhaps this video may get people to pay more attention https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VkhWJsGun8

I don't think she's a crossdresser who wishes to be regarded as a woman but an entertainer in the same vein as a drag queen/female impersonator.
    She seems to like getting attention (posting on Youtube confirms this) and doesn't worry about the reaction she gets.

If you wish to blend in (like most of us here do) then I don't think this is the way to go about it. If you wish to give people a 'show' then perhaps this is the way.

Banned Spammer
    Again some here seem to be missing the point I was trying to make.
    Why so many CD's have to critique every tiny little thing and bring negativity into the picture is beyond me.
    The second video shows her dressed nicely and interacting with people, and from my experience most people I come in contact with act the same way and I don't film videos like this so the "they are being filmed so they act nicer" concept really doesn't wash.
    She may be a gay CD you don't know and that could very well be natural mannerisms for her we just don't know.
    I try to bring a positive light on things here and seem to get shot down for it so I give up.

Don't really see what GD denial has to do with Amanda's style, or CDs here who don't go out and aren't TS (or don't identify as TG)...

Stacy - are you able to expand on what you mean...?

Katey x
    Stefani Germanotta