Thread: First time going through a drive through

Red face First time going through a drive through

Well I finally got the nerve to order a meal from a drive through. I used the most feminine voice that I could when placing my order. I guess I done alright and when I drove up to pick up my order I didn't get anything stares or bad comments, so I guess I passed as a female. That felt good can't wait to go out more to other public places.

Banned Read only
    I've done that a lot. They don't notice who you are. And those that do don't dare say anything for risk of at least being fired.

Well done you! I did exactly the same a few weeks ago, it does feel really good to do and I plan to do it again.

So cool, I was thinking of doing that but the voice is a problem. I have notice lot women my age sounding like guys so I don't know why it is so hard for me to sound like a women, don't have a deep voice or tone. I could freak them out by just using my normal voice, lol

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Glendy View Post
    ...I didn't get anything stares or bad comments, so I guess I passed as a female. ...
    Glendy, I'm going to burst your bubble. Not to be mean but to help you and others when going out again. You didn't pass as female. How can I know this? Well, because none of us cross dressers do. Now, why is this actually good news? You discovered that no one cares! A goal of "passing" is a fantasy. Acceptance is absolutely achievable. Go out, be comfortable in your own skin. Hold you head high. You'll have a great time. Good luck

Thanks for those words Jennifer you gave Glendy, that will help us all out. I just want to dress and feel like the woman inside me, I guess in time once I can do my makeup, wish I paid more attention when I was married.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Done that at least twice and like most say no worries or issues

Aspiring Member
    Done it many times and still do. I even Puck up my meds that way and go to the bank also. Done it for years

Good for you I have tried and chickend out. What's bad is I have a high voice and have been confused for a women by the speaker. I still am to afraid to pick up order dressed up

Never did the drive threw have gone into the convenience store and got a fountain drink had what must have been a 7th grade girl tell me she loved my outfit she was standing with 3 of her friends I just nodded didnt want to speak got my mt dew and left the cashier tried not to make eye contact I felt good I do have some super cute clothes but only my boots that go with everything I love it you all are so awesome thanks

I've done this many times and all without issue. There are times when, lets face it, the predominately young staff, are so caught up in chatting to their co-workers they barely even glance at you.

Once having been through the lane and got my food I drove around to the side of the restaurant (Mac's) parked and started to eat sat in the car. It must have been a good idea as a few minutes later 2 cops in a patrol car pulled up a couple of bays from where I was parked. I sat and took no notice, just carried on eating, obviously as delicately as you'd expect and then just drove off. The cops were more interested in their burger and fries than checking me out.

You will be a little stressed the first time you do it but don't fixate on the voice. Speaking in softer tones rather than higher ones is probably the easiest. Just be confident and make eye contact as if to make the point that ok you know I'm CD but I don't care you know. I'm the customer, hence I'm always right. And remember to say you pleases and thank you's. Politeness always wins the day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Have done the drive through dressed several times with no comments except for one memorable occasion. I had place my order (my voice is male), then another car with a female pulled up and placed an order. When I pull up to the window the lady looked at me, looked at her computer screen then asked what I had order. She must have wondered where the guy had gone. Told her what I wanted and as she handed me my order said "you look great". Made my day.

If we like, the term passing includes a range of reactions not just 'total acceptance as a woman'. Associates in public roles might not want to make an issue since it could reflect badly on them professionally. Young people in these jobs are learning to deal with a variety of people many of whom they've never encountered. In that case, you helped.
    A life is a series of such moments, though, enjoy! You're absolutely correct to take improved confidence away from this in any case. Congratulations!