Thread: First time out - an loving it!

First time out - an loving it!

Hi all,

Thanks to two fine ladies from this forum - who can identify themselves if they wish - I finely got out and about in public en-fem and had an amazing fantastic time... I'm on cloud 9 still several days later.

Dinner at a fine Italian restaurant, visit to a CD club in Manchester and basically just milling about in the street (primarily to feed my very unhealthy nicotine habit) with dribs and drabs of cis persons walking by and completely ignoring me.

A group of three young men did do a double take and looked back at me but otherwise minded their own business and went on their way without comment.

Nothing bad.. the ground did not open up and swallow me, I was not accosted, assaulted.. Quite the reverse, I met some wonderful people and gained a lot of confidence in the process.

Now I WANT MORE

Debs.

Well done Debs Being out and about is amazing and I totally relate to how you feel. It can be so addictive because once you've done it, you just want to do it again!! and I'm sure you will very soon. I'd love to go out as one of the girls so I'm quite jealous of you!

Michelle

that's awesome, definitely a better addiction to have - being out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Congrats , I'm glad you had a couple of girlfriends to help you along, the first couple times out can be terrifying alone

Aspiring Member
    Good job Debstar, excellent. To anybody who can overthrow their fears of going out is totally awesome. Now it only gets easier and better for you. Congrats on a job well done. "I get so wound up when someone makes a break through like that".

Kudos Debs, for having the courage to take those first tentative steps, and to your friends for their support. As a recent first timer myself, I know how the buzz can last for days, and then we want more. Enjoy.

Karen

Hi Debstar!

Welcome to the world!

That's great sounds like a dream, and also you should be very proud of yourself it takes courage to go public. Must of been a rush.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Congratulations on going out, it's a wonderful world out there all dressed for sure, for those who have done it yes it's scary and prob will be each time but it also gets easier each time to. Yay so happy for you

it definitely feels exciting doesn't it? the more I go out en femme the more I want to do it

Gone to live my life
    Hi Deb and CONGRATS! Once you go out for the first time there are two constants, (1) It gets easier; and (2) it's addictive.

Cheers

Marcelle

Reality Check
    That's great, but the part about the young men doing a double take should be an incentive to work on your presentation. Obviously, you were read as a crossdresser.

hi debs,
    you cant have just one comes to mind, funny thing two members here just went out recently with a third who went awol
    as far as the jents sneaking a second peak im sure they were just admiring, i am guilty of doing that when i see an attractive women,

hope to see you on
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    That's great, but the part about the young men doing a double take should be an incentive to work on your presentation. Obviously, you were read as a crossdresser.
    Men do that when they walk by a really attractive woman. I'm sure that what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    Hi Deb and CONGRATS! Once you go out for the first time there are two constants, (1) It gets easier; and (2) it's addictive.

Cheers

Marcelle
    It's kind of like breaking the sound barrier. As the aircraft approaches the sound barrier is starts shaking all over and almost loses control. Once it breaks the sound barrier, it's smooth sailing all the way.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Getting out can be very addictive. Congratulations on a successful adventure. I try to get out regularly, it's so invigorating. The freedom of being dressed in public is awesome.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    As I say so often when I see a post like yours, the genie is out of the bottle and it is very hungry. It will need to be fed more often as time goes by. In your case you are in good hands since most of the UK girls I see here are very convincing ladies. Enjoy your new life. It will never be the same from this point forward. Welcome to my world.

It was me plus one other who took Deb under our wing and I was soo impressed by how well she coped as a first timer.
    To say it was a baptism of fire is an understatement. Non of this late night drives or walks around the block. Nope, out of the hotel at 6 in the evening onto a busy street to meet two strangers. Then straight into a restaurant to dine and then feet first into a group meeting.
    So much for little steps!
    You can imagine my relief that it all went well. My hope is now that Deb can build on this positive experience and grow in confidence which I have every faith that she will.
    And if I'm truthful there's a little glow of pride inside me that WE (didn't do this alone) were able to help someone along this roller coaster ride that we take.
    So if you attend a group on a regular basis why not post an advert offering a chance for starters out to meet up (following the safety rules of course). You may just liberate a CD trapped by the fear of what if and show just what's possible.

Thank you all for your kind words.. Yes it is a step in a direction I have been looking for my whole life and without the support of two very welcoming ladies (Helen and co) I might not have made the plunge. This was planned several months in advance and that period of time allowed me to really have a hard think about my self, what I wanted .. turns out what I wanted was to be free.

As I said to them my home had become a prison! Dressing up with no where to go. It was this or on going depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Krisi, I am really taking positives out of everything that happened to me and hope that you could also. Personally I think I looked smoking (both figuratively and literally) Those guys meant no ill-will perhaps they looked around because they wish they could do what I was doing?? We will never know. If I was clocked then who cares - I am what I am.

Debs.

Congratulations. Sounds like an awesome experience.

Well done and bet you are thinking it was easier than you ever dreamed. I was once told that people see what they expect to see, and when out as a woman I always dress in an age appropriate, modest fashion as if going to or coming from an office or work. I have shopped, been all through city centres etc and have never felt u sure or detected as I behave asif I am perfectly at home and not as if I am different or unusual. I do not get any attention or second glances, even though I am probably not the best looking woman and am 6 foot in my tights. So only small heels, knee length skirts (always a skirt and heels though, or may as well go out as a man) and natural makeup to blend in not stand out. I also wear female glasses which helps greatly to feminise my face. I have never talked to anyone though, as I am very nervous of my voice, and this is limiting.
    Seems like I have it all worked out, but I am 51 and have been crossdressing insecret as Lesley since I was a very smsll boy of 5 or so and I have never told or talked to anyone about it, or met or talked to another "girl", and this is the first I have ever posted my thoughts on any forum. I am very lonely as Lesley, but happy and fulfilled as my male persona. Confused and dont know what to do.

They are going to have to rename Manchester!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]