Thread: Do you guys have GG as gal pals?

Do you guys have GG as gal pals?

Just curious if others have GG as gal pals?
    I'm approaching lot of girls online who are open to have a crossdresser as friends. They are open to see me both ways and ready to help me with make up and all.

Also I've joined lesbian and feminist meetup groups and thinking about showing up for them. I'm not passable and need lot of support and efforts to be there.

So my questions are
    1. Did you have any GG pals whom you have gone and net en femme?
    2. Have you been in a group of GG en femme (as only guy en femme)
    3. Are GG gal pals really helpful? Or they just want to meet out of curious it's? Are they really helpful with makeup, dressing up and all?
    4. Having GG with a age gap of 10-15 reasonable? (I'm 28)
    5. Do these friendships last long enough?
    6. What activities do you guys do when you meet your gal pal? I mean shopping, bowling etc..
    7. (Added) how close did you guys get in terms of friendship (platonically) like we're they comfortable having you Over for night (knowing that you are platonic friend)
    8. (Added) did you ever felt difference when they were talking to you while you were en femme than you were in guy mode (when were they most comfortable)
    Most important question
    9. What's in for a GG in having a cd as friends?

I apologize in advance for this questionnaire kinda thing I guess I'm logical and mainly looking to get answers to decide whether to proceed or not

Thanks Pam. Yeah I'm looking for platonic GG friends only. I tell them that I'm not into girls to rule it out. (Though I'm straight and I'm a virgin(saving myself for right girl))
    Last edited by leonal123; 11-20-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Adding more info

Before I started to crossdress I had more GG friends than GM friends, if you take sex out of the equation its another friendship except you get to talk about something more interesting than the latest England Soccer Manager.

1. Yes I've met them en-femme
    2. yes in a group too, as the only CD present
    3. yes very helpful, it might be curiosity but also you're treated as "one of the girls" if you are one of the girls
    4. age doesn't matter, common interests and concerns do
    5. yes, all relationships, even friendships require maintenance and some support
    6. chatting, shopping, drinking, eating, problem solving

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I can have as many female friends as I like, provided I'm happy to lose my 'family jewels' to the wife's blunt, mid-sized scissors. On the upside, I wouldn't have to worry about tucking.

Other than that, I have no experience with which to answer your question...unfortunately.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I do have GGs as friends. With one friend we've been out shopping for her store in NYC,which included taking the commuter bus into the city. What was in it for her? One, she respected my taste which was different from hers, I was able to keep up with her and we enjoyed each others company.
    I also have other friends (one is a co-worker) that we've gone out for lunch together and other affairs. I have a good time with them and when I'm dressed they do treat me like one of the girls. Sometimes even when I'm not we do get into some discussions that they might not get into if they didn't know.

Banned Read only
    I did but turned out she had a kink but I have a bend, I know it sounds like a fantasy for some CDs but I seriuosly do want a plutonic GG friend... 😕

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have several I go out shopping with or to dinner.
    Not sure I would join a feminist group they like to disrupt people in public places and yell at news cameras.
    Most of them have more armpit hair than I do.

Questions 1, 2, 8:
    I'm a GG so I can't answer those.

Questions 3, 5, 9:
    I think it’s a bad idea to build a relationship with a GG, or with anyone else for that matter, just on the fact that you crossdress. There’s just so far that relationships based on clothes and makeup can go. If you want to learn, I suggest getting makeovers at places like M.A.C while taking good notes, reading lots of style magazines, trying lots of different types of clothes on and taking pictures to see what works and what doesn’t (you could post pictures here and ask for honest opinions), or watching youtube videos to learn about makeup and women’s clothing styles. Frankly, that’s how most GGs learn about what works and what doesn’t for them … on our own mostly by looking at and trying different things - not by getting our friends or our mothers to teach us. Personally I would have died before adopting my mother’s style and when I was a teenager most of my friends didn’t wear makeup. As for clothes, we mostly wore jeans. We spent our time hanging out together listening to music and talking about boys. lol. As a young woman in my 20s, my friends and I mostly spent our time going to restaurants, bars, etc, and we just all got ready on our own at home first.

That said, you should absolutely make friends with people by sharing your life with them and having them reciprocate: your mutual values, struggles, goals, interests. Your day-to-day ups and downs in your work, your other relationships, etc. This builds intimacy. And in the process, you can share that you enjoy crossdressing. If your new friend is into makeup and clothes (not all GGs are to the extent they’ll want to spend hours and hours doing makeup and clothes) then she’ll be willing to help if you ask. The good part about doing it this way is that you’ll have something else to talk about after she is done giving her opinion on whether that particular eye shadow or skirt looks good on you.

Question 4:
    I don't think an age gap matters. I have friends who are a decade younger and older than me.

Question 6:
    I do all kinds of things with my friends based on our mutual interests. This should be easy if you and your new friend take the time to get to know each other on lots of different levels, not just the CDing. You'll go out to do stuff you both enjoy.

Question 7:
    As an adult, the only time I've had friends who are not lovers sleep over is when they were visiting me from out of town or in an emergency (one friend had a fire at her house once). But I mostly do things with friends who live near me and we sleep at our own places. This applies to males and females.

Good luck!
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    The ones I know I keep as friends and thats it.
    If they want to go shopping and want me to go they know they can call.If they want to go GG only they have no obligation to call me.
    We chat on the phone or email just to keep in touch, purely platonic.

Any gg's I know. They have no idea of Amanda other than my sister who knows but is more of I know but don't want to see Amanda. I would like to find someone who can help me with the transformation of Ben into Amanda
    Amanda

My upstairs neighbor is my GG gal pal. When her girlfriend lived with her the three of us would go out, me dressed or in man mode and it usually involved going to bars. She gave me lots of clothes when she cleaned out her closet including my first LBD and wrap schoolgirl skirt! They noticed that I talked more "girly" when I was dressed. We are still very close friends through thick and thin.

Banned Read only
    Leonal,
    I'm to have to agree with Reine on most points.
    Putting aside the gal pal bit I had to get on with male or females on an equal basis being a photographer for thirty years , if someone is good to talk to and have some fun with gender is unimportant . OK so I prefer women and the flirting that can happen but again going back to my profession you have to know where to draw the line !

When I closed my business I took up painting, I guess I was a young retiree in my late fifties , most of the class were women of various ages and a few older men in retirement, most of the GGs I would call my pals . Often a conversation will start as painting related and spread into family talk and other subjects, at the same time the crazy hilarity has been with the guys !! Getting the proportions of woman right in a drawing can lead to some very funny moments and odd conversations , even an eighty year old can want the perfect woman but seeing it on paper is a totally different matter !
    Recently I did have a desire to come out to the painting class, my tutor had no objections and it did lead me into coming out to some members . My last painting had a self portrait of me dressed ( back view ) so more are beginning to know, they accept it as OK but don't often press me on the subject. One lady does pick up when have a certain look on my face and she'll say you've been up to something, she can't wait till coffee time to hear the story .

The point is it's purely platonic, I don't make the mistake of thinking it's all they want to talk about, if CDing does come up I am prepared to talk about it. One really great spin off has been with my tutor, he's married in his mid sixties but came out to me about being bi-sexual, he's knows I'm not bi or gay but we have formed a great relationship with opening up to each other.

I have two sort-a female friends; both are gay and in long term relationships. But our interests (other than women) don't really overlap much. And while I work in an all female environment, it's been hard to have female friends. Most are married, so for them, having a single straight male around a lot doesn't go over well with their husband/boyfriends. So it basically limits me to those single/widowed/divorced who might also be interested in something more than friendship, as I wouldn't be friends with someone who I don't get along with. Then of course, becomes the problem of not encouraging those who I know wouldn't accept my crossdressing, those who for whatever reason physically turn me off so much that nothing more is even possible (so I don't wind up with THEM wanting more than just friendship with me), and of course the obvious, the younger ones who think I'm coming on to them and don't want to encourage ME into thinking they might want something more. So it leaves very, very few women as potential friends. Years ago, I made friends by taking dance classes at the local night school, but now my arthritis is so bad that I can't even do that. I'm trying to come up with other ideas now, on how to meet women. Maybe go back to night school for something else, women like to take classes, and I've always been a good student.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Leona,

Having GG friends is one of the real joys I have when I am dressed. Just to set the stage: I'm married, monogamous and over 70. That said,

1. Did you have any GG pals whom you have gone and net en femme? Yes.
    2. Have you been in a group of GG en femme (as only guy en femme) Yes.
    3. Are GG gal pals really helpful? Or they just want to meet out of curious it's? Are they really helpful with makeup, dressing up and all? yes, yes and yes.
    4. Having GG with a age gap of 10-15 reasonable? (I'm 28) A range of ages.
    5. Do these friendships last long enough? Five years and counting
    6. What activities do you guys do when you meet your gal pal? I mean shopping, bowling etc.. Whatever gals do. We're planning a bowling session
    7. (Added) how close did you guys get in terms of friendship (platonically) like we're they comfortable having you Over for night (knowing that you are platonic friend) We are girl friends. 'Nuff said.
    8. (Added) did you ever felt difference when they were talking to you while you were en femme than you were in guy mode (when were they most comfortable)
    Most important question I feel like me. Some have never seen me in guy mode.
    9. What's in for a GG in having a cd as friends? They have me as a friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

1. Did you have any GG pals whom you have gone and net en femme?
    Ceera has several 'Gal Pals' that she likes to go do things with. All are girls that she has met while out at clubs or music venues. Pretty much all of them are lesbians.

2. Have you been in a group of GG en femme (as only guy en femme)
    Yes. When I go to music events I am often at a table where everyone else is a GG. No guys in our group, and no other CD/TG girls.

3. Are GG gal pals really helpful? Or they just want to meet out of curious it's? Are they really helpful with makeup, dressing up and all?
    Well, the ones I hang out with I haven't asked for help with makeup or dressing. Most of them say I have a better fashion sense than they do!

4. Having GG with a age gap of 10-15 reasonable? (I'm 28)
    Depends on what you hope to do with them, I suppose. I'm 58. As Ceera I look and act more like I am in my late 20's to early 40's. Most of the GG's that I hang out with are in their 20's or 30's, though some are closer to my age. I haven't sought to do more with them than dance and listen to music and chat, so the age difference doesn't matter that much.

5. Do these friendships last long enough?
    So far, they have all lasted. But I only met most of them in the last year or two.

6. What activities do you guys do when you meet your gal pal? I mean shopping, bowling etc..
    Attending music performances - either ones they are performing in or other bands that we all like. Going to nightclubs to socialize and dance. Going to charity fundraiser events (usually these charity events also include a music performance and dance). Going to a restaurant where some of our friends are performing.

7. (Added) how close did you guys get in terms of friendship (platonically) like we're they comfortable having you Over for night (knowing that you are platonic friend)
    So far, it's been at the level of meeting at an event, with us arriving and leaving separately. All platonic. One of the GG's invited me to join several of her other friends for an afternoon out on the lake in a yacht. (I posted about that event). I haven't tried to get closer with the GG's I have met so far as Ceera, because I am moving to another state soon.

My GG 'gal pals' only know me as Ceera, and never have seen even a picture of me as a male. A few know I m trans, but they interact with Ceera and not with my male side. Only a couple of them even know what my male name is.

Most important question
    9. What's in for a GG in having a cd as friends?
    The same as having anyone else for a friend, really. The GG's I hang with treat me as 'one of the girls', and to them I am just another of their platonic female friends. A few of them find me intriguing because I am trans, but most of them don't even act as if they are aware that I am trans.

Silver Member
    Leona - Your replies will vary greatly depending upon the specific situations and backgrounds of the people responding - openly crossdress?; married or in relationship?; age?; occupation?; where they live?; etc?, so they may not be too helpful.

I would offer caution trying to find sincere friendship on the internet, even more difficult trying to do so as a crossdressser. Better to develop friendships directly based upon common interests and personalities which attract rather than waste time and risk weird interactions. If you seek female friends who appear to be open-minded and sensitive to others, you will have a better chance of finding friends who would enjoy being with you and doing fun things, both while you are dressed and when you are not dressed.

If a GG is only interested in you as a CD, I doubt you friendship would be strong and would be probably be short-lived.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 11-21-2015 at 02:43 PM.

My best friend is a woman. It has little to do with my crossdressing. We became friends long before she new that. We met our freshman year of college and are now 40. She has gone out with me many times while dressed. She was also my wingman when I was struggling with my sexuality and needed the courage to meet some guys to experiment with. Just things good friends do for each other.

I had many GG friends and all they wanted me to do was wear their clothes.

I was used to make up the numbers when going out with couples.

They always knew who I was.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Some women can't grasp the concept of a man being friends with a woman on a platonic level and think they must be shagging each other or the guy is working on it.
    My GG shopping friend Amy took a long time to understand this because it was drilled into her all guys want sex and nothing more.
    She even asked me if I found her attractive and if I ever thought about having sex with her.
    I said she was very attractive but I didn't have a sexual attraction to her.
    She seemed shocked at first and maybe a little hurt but she said OMG I have never had a guy say that to me thank you for being so honest.
    We have been very close friends for a few years and she sees me as GF nothing more.

A number of the other older women with whom I take adult ballet with have become friends over the years. And we have socialized, both afterwards and outside of class as well numerous times over the years now, and a few of them have become good friends of mine, along with their spouses no less. However my classmates do not know about the transgender or feminine me, and I plan to keep it that way. These are nice, but conservative folks, and we all live in a generally conservative area of Texas, so I prefer not to rock the boat. To them I am just a nice single guy, who never married, who lives alone, is a semi-retired professional, who just happens to liking ballet for exercise, shopping, and dinning out, etc. I'll let them do the math.

However there are a few other GG ladies who do know about the feminine me, whom I go to for my nails, and body hair waxing, or who's stores I do some of my clothing shopping in. I have developed a few nice friendships with these women also, though we do not socialize outside of the client/provider relationship.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 11-30-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Silver Member
    Lately I know several women who know I wear women's clothes. We go shopping together and lunch etc. We are not interested romantically and in several cases we go out with our spouses as couples.

In my youth I had girls that knew I dressed and went out in fem mode. Some became friends and a couple were attracted to me as a guy and one as a girl.

So my questions are
    1. Did you have any GG pals whom you have gone and met en femme? Yes
    2. Have you been in a group of GG en femme (as only guy en femme) I am one of about 3 CDs out of 100 GGs
    3. Are GG gal pals really helpful? Or they just want to meet out of curious it's? Are they really helpful with makeup, dressing up and all? Yes, yes and yes.
    4. Having GG with a age gap of 10-15 reasonable? (I'm 28) Yes
    5. Do these friendships last long enough? I haven't known them long enough.
    6. What activities do you guys do when you meet your gal pal? I mean shopping, bowling etc.. Restaurants, shopping, GNO, pedicure.
    7. (Added) how close did you guys get in terms of friendship (platonically) like we're they comfortable having you Over for night (knowing that you are platonic friend) Platonic. We're both married.
    8. (Added) did you ever felt difference when they were talking to you while you were en femme than you were in guy mode (when were they most comfortable) No
    Most important question
    9. What's in for a GG in having a cd as friends? Some girls like CDs; some are bi.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    Yes I have a few. Known 3of them for oh 20 years or so.we go shopping, lunch,coffee clutches bowling stuff like that. Never felt any difference with them. They treated me like a woman. I've.astayed overnight several times and they have with me what's in it for them you ask? Well someone to go out and have a goodtime with land chit chats without the usual b.s. about this one did that,or did you he the latest kinds of things like the. I love them all for everything they've done for me