Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I look passable?

Hi Nicole, Yes You do pass. You are very pretty. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are so pretty, girl. :-)
    As others have said, the makeup is awesome for a nightclub but way overboard for daytime when many ggs where little or no makeup.
    But, really, who cares?
    None of us will ever, no matter what lengths we go to, be anything but transwomen. So just be proud of that fact and own the moment. You are pretty and have just as much right to go anywhere and do anything you want as anyone else.
    I've been around a multitude of transwomen, and in most every kind of situation you can imagine. Some pass fairly well, while others not at all.
    Who cares?
    You are young and attractive...enjoy yourself and don't give a second thought to what anyone else thinks. It's your life...enjoy it.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hey girl welcome, you look great.....not much to say here thats already been said...but I can say that worrying about passing 100% of the time is what keeps gals in a closet. Get out there and have fun, everyday "outdoors" we all learn something new and improve xoxo

Banned Read only
    I've read most of the replies. Can you give us some idea of your height and weight. I agree with the tips for toning down the sultry look, which I think is terrific. However, if you and your girlfriend look as sexy as you do in the pictures....well....you're going to have to beat the advances off with a stick. Your facial features don't have manly angular lines which is great. I recommend checking out some YouTube videos for learning feminine mannerisms. If you and your girlfriend are going to go out for an evening stroll don't wear high heels. Try flats or a boot with a substantial heel for supporting the ankles.

I'd really like to see you in a short dress, leggings and a nice pair of boots. If your body is anything like your face I'd venture to say you're a definitely attractive.

Welcome! I think you look great! Sometimes the idea isn't so much passing as it is blending in. But I'll think you'll be fine with both. It's interesting for me to see other ladies who started dressing so much later in life, as I did.

Scarlett

Ps, gorgeous eye makeup. I can do make up fine but struggle with more interesting eye makeup.

Hi everyone in response to a thread I placed yesterday ''Do I look passable'' I'd like to thank all of you girls that gave me advice on my look it made me feel so much more confident. I was planning on going out at night to a bar or club using that look not the shops or the park I've taken on board your comments and to address the ''passable'' part all you girls are absolutely right I though about it and why should I care what people think I feel so happy when I'm dressed up and feeling good so I will just own it and strut my stuff Heres a couple more pics I wanted to share close ups thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    xN:

You found us!! Very Good!!

So, in response to your question...

I probably wouldn't suggest going to the mall or the grocery store looking like your photos, but a nice dinner, movies, theater, etc. (basically evening activities) would be perfectly fine.

Personally, I don't worry much about trying to blend in. I like to look stylish (note that I didn't say "in style") and that has the tendency to set me apart anyway. By stylish, I mean well coordinated, colorful and interesting, but not necessarily as what is currently considered as "in style". Said differently, I dress to suit Me. Anyway, I think how we look is a very personal thing. It should reflect what You think, what You feel and what You are comfortable with.

The only other thing I would add is proportion. Obviously men's physiques are different from women's. Aside from boobs, hips, etc. we tend to just be larger. For example, in the context that we are larger, carrying those little shoulder bags that are about the size of your hand seems totally out of place, regardless of how Cute we think it might look. Similarly, a small woman with a huge cross-body bag sort of looks like she's in pack-mule mode. But, the difference is that even though she has some aspect that is visibly out of proportion, no one is going to question her femininity. But, for us it looks Off and can give rise to a second thought and an Ah-Hah moment. But, it isn't just purses. It relates to articles of clothing (or design elements of that clothing) that can emphasize or deemphasize being out of proportion to what we usually expect of women.

DeeAnn

looks great wish I could makeup that well jane

Love the pics. Strut your stuff for sure. I HAVE to know how you did that eye makeup though ;-)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Have a great time and if you don't mind post pics of you in the outfit you plan on wearing so we can get a look at the complete package.

Nicole, you certainly look passable in these pictures. But that's not the point. Go out! I am 100% NOT passable and I go out all the time (4 times in the past 5 days), I smile and no one bothers me and many women engage me in a way they would not if I were not dressed. I spent almost 50 years in the closet and once I figured it all out, my life has been immeasurable happy! It's been said here so many times, but confidence is all you really need and once you get that, life is so much richer.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

xNicolex, your fingers look like a GG.

Well I will always share makeup tips as I am by trade ''in guy mode'' a SFX artist I build costumes and masks so colour blending and contouring comes natural to me. to do my eye wings I use a piece of sticky tape and run it from the corner of my eye out at the angle I want then just blend the eye shadow to the line and draw the eye liner along the straight line of the sticky tape its that simple I don't worry to much if they aren't the same after all as I always say they aren't twins their sisters

What the others have said. Just soften the look a little.

Here is a picture of the outfit I intend to wear on my night out apologies for the funny angle makes me look a little bigger than I am.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    You do realize you're gonna get hit on right?! 😀
    Seriously though, be careful hon!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Viktoria View Post
    Love the pics. Strut your stuff for sure. I HAVE to know how you did that eye makeup though ;-)
    Well I will always share makeup tips as I am by trade ''in guy mode'' a SFX artist I build costumes and masks so colour blending and contouring comes natural to me. to do my eye wings I use a piece of sticky tape and run it from the corner of my eye out at the angle I want then just blend the eye shadow to the line and draw the eye liner along the straight line of the sticky tape its that simple I don't worry to much if they aren't the same after all as I always say they aren't twins their sisters

I'm going to second Heatherdress and save time:
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    No matter how feminine you appear to be, being identified as a crossdresser depends upon so many different factors beyond a beautiful face, which you appear to have. Your size, build, voice, mannerisms, where you go, who is there, how you dress, how you act, time of day, lighting, who you are with, etc. - these are factors which could determine if you feel "outed" or "socially rejected". But if you can accept that most people will not pay attention to you, will not care what you are wearing, will not know you, will not remember you, and will not affect you or what you are doing, dressed or not dressed, then you will enjoy being - you. As far as family and friend discovery, just avoid going places you might have possible contact.
    There are many threads about the complete presentation (there is an active one now) and all the factors involved. After lots of observation, I think confidence goes a long way toward success.

On this forum, especially with only static photos, you'll get the nice responses that tell you what you want to hear. Great. Now, make a video of yourself and put it up on youtube. Doesn't have to say anything about being a crossdresser. Maybe do an 'outfit of the day' thing, make sure to include those hands. And see how well you pass to the folks who routinely watch cute girls. Don't forget to narrate the video too so your voice gets revealed too. This can be repeated each time you come up with a new outfit that you want to go out in. That way you'll get brutally honest opinions about how well you pass.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Thanks for the tip Nicole! I'll have to try it sometime after Tgiving. I'll post results if I have any worth posting ;-)

Platinum Member
    Hi Nicole , Just one word, ABSOLUTELY ! ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    On this forum, especially with only static photos, you'll get the nice responses that tell you what you want to hear. Great. Now, make a video of yourself and put it up on youtube. Doesn't have to say anything about being a crossdresser. Maybe do an 'outfit of the day' thing, make sure to include those hands. And see how well you pass to the folks who routinely watch cute girls. Don't forget to narrate the video too so your voice gets revealed too. This can be repeated each time you come up with a new outfit that you want to go out in. That way you'll get brutally honest opinions about how well you pass.
    There are a few girls on here that post videos, for most of them it really shows their flaws. For some it shows how close they are to passing, one girl here you really have to look for her flaws to see them. In real life at that point you would over look her flaws 8 outta 10 times.

Everyone else has said it.....

Yes, verrrryyyy, attractive, great poise.

I wonder why you asked the question in the first place.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I get what you are saying. The problem with that is, when you go out in public people may or may notice you. They probably won't say anything and you can go about your day as your typical confident self. When you post on youtube you are inviting people who seek out any chance to post demeaning and hateful comments. Some people make it their life's work to be a$$holes. Youtube can be a virtual wasteland of trolls who don't understand proper human interraction. I'm not saying you should surround yourself in delusion, but I would find a more impartial and tolerable venue than. That's my 2 pennies.

Not only passable but , beautiful!
    Go girl !