Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I look passable?

Do I look passable?

Hi I'm new to this forum thing and recently started crossdressing at home after almost 10 years of surpressing the urge to dress for fear of rejection from family and friends. I haven't been out in public yet but I'd like to try it. My main worry is probably the same worry alot of CDs feel going out for the first time and that's social rejection or being ''outed'' because I don't know if I'm passable as a girl or not. I posted some pictures just to get some feedback from more experienced girls to let me know you think thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First off, welcome to the Forum and I hope that you enjoy your stay. You have a very dramatic look that will draw attention. It is a good look, sultry and sexy. However, for those first times out, that may draw a lot more attention to you than you want. So, for those first times I would recommend toning down some the eyes and lips. A more neutral softer lipstick and less detailed eyes and brows may work better for you. From the grainy pictures you look terrific. So it is not a matter of bad make up but maybe just too strong.

If you can, finding a sidekick, maybe an experienced CD who does go out regularly, will definitely make your fist times out successes. Good luck and thanks for sharing your pictures.

Banned Read only
    Nicolex, passing as a genetic woman is a virtual impossibility. A woman is more than a face. There are a million subtle cues that we all know and understand through experience that tell us the difference between a man and a woman. You can't possibly cover those million things as a cross dresser.

So don't worry about passing. Be confident and happy when you are out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome glad to have you here.
    You look great but please let those pretty eyes show.No need to cover them up.
    Passing 100% will never happen for any of us so don't get too hung up on that.
    Maybe push the wig up more towards a natural hair line and get it out of your eyes.
    You deff are pretty in the pics.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-21-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Welcome!! It is very hard to tell from a head shot or even from head and shoulders shot. Your eyes look like a night time look. They look wonderful, but not in the daytime. In my opinion, and only mine, your eyebrows have a great shape, but are too thick. Your wig looks like it is perfect match for your skin tone. As to actually passing, a full body shot would help in assessing whether you can. Passing is important to me, but to other members, not so much. Just have fun dressing and you will find your way.
    Please call me Lisa!

From one Nicole to another: I would describe your look as glamorous, and sure to attract attention. Personally, I love your look. I don't think it's over-the-top, and I love over-the-top, but others might, both here and those who see you out and about. Passable? Yes, for sure, but you will get more scrutiny due to your glamorous look. My goal is to achieve a certain look rather to be the most blendable or passable as I can be. What's you objective?

You are gorgeous! You are young, have full lips and a cute little cleft on your chin. You must be very attractive in guy-mode too.

But.

It's impossible to tell whether you would be taken as a GG or not just based on your pictures. They are blurry/grainy and so they obscure the details (the facial contours) people would see in real life. Also, if you outlined outside of your lips to make them fuller, this would not show up in your pictures but people would be able to tell in real life. Your eye makeup is great for night-clubbing (although I would tone down the eyebrows a bit), but it is over the top if you plan on going out during the day ... it would immediately draw attention and increase your chances of being read.

So. On the attractiveness scale you get a high mark from me. On the passability scale, I cannot possibly tell from these pictures, but like Jennifer said, it is unlikely you would pass upon close inspection in daylight. This doesn't matter though. If you dress to blend (not draw attention to yourself with strong makeup or over-the-top clothes), then you will be in most people's periphery so your experiences out will be pleasant.

Also if you do go out, please just be yourself and do not adopt exaggerated feminine mannerisms. There are a few current discussions about this with videos, so you will see what I mean.
    Reine

Hi nX,

Welcome to the CD forum, here you will enjoy many off comment and critical comments toward the original intent of your post - such is life

First of all you look amazing.. but I bet the person underneath is even more amazing! that is what counts. You being you at the end of the day I feel will give you more millage then outward appearances.

Debs.

Passable=blend in. Depending on where you are, you would blend or stand out.

You look good Hon. What do you think you might do once you decided to go out en femme?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    No matter how feminine you appear to be, being identified as a crossdresser depends upon so many different factors beyond a beautiful face, which you appear to have. Your size, build, voice, mannerisms, where you go, who is there, how you dress, how you act, time of day, lighting, who you are with, etc. - these are factors which could determine if you feel "outed" or "socially rejected". But if you can accept that most people will not pay attention to you, will not care what you are wearing, will not know you, will not remember you, and will not affect you or what you are doing, dressed or not dressed, then you will enjoy being - you. As far as family and friend discovery, just avoid going places you might have possible contact.

If you can adopt the "I don't care what others think" ideology than your outings will be much more enjoyable and you can focus on mannerisms and decorum. Passing takes a lot of work and time. Be happy with just getting out and being you.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Thank you all for your feedback I know that the photos are grainy but my girlfriend says it looks much better in person than the pics. The pics don't pick up my contouring, I must say I have never spoken to like minded people before about crossdressing and it has really been helpful reading all your replies. thank you for taking the time to help me.

Banned Read only
    You look terrific hon, kinda a given! Do you 'look' passable, I'd say heck yah...ARE you passable though, maybe. Manerisms are super important and voice...that one's the show stopper. You look too good not to be approached, I'd suggest looking up tips to avoid conversation and practice voice (lots of you tube videos) ☺

You look like a hot pretty GG who has made herself up to attract a lot of attention. Maybe tone down the makeup until you feel confident in the wild.

Aspiring Member
    Oh now come on. You have got to know you look good gurl. As for passing you can fool some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. That's just the way it is. That being said, you still look damn good.

Aspiring Member
    Apart from the overdone make-up, you're okay and make an attractive woman. I'm legitly jealous of your lips.

That said, don't worry about passing in entirety. As long as you're confident and there are no major risks, just go for it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seeing as there are so many factors to passing the only way to know is get out there and see what happens.
    Have your GF go with you and see what reactions you get.
    Main thing is don't run away if someone snickers or laughs at seeing you.Act like you have every right to be wherever it is you are because you do.
    If you enjoy dressing up its nobody business just have fun.

Oh just to add don't say well if I can't pass I don't want to go out thats pretty lame LOL
    Most of us that do go out don't pass 100% anyway.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-21-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Welcome to the club, Nicole. You are pretty without question. Now, bear in mind that anybody wearing such heavy eyeliner, lipstick and makeup in general, be it a gg or a cd, will draw lots of attention. Therefore the probability that someone will read you will be higher than if you try to blend in. I'm not saying that you should tone down your looks: the only thing that matters is what makes you happy. Don't get too hung up on the "passability" question.

Welcome Nicole...

You look great - personally I'm not averse to bold but well applied and glamorous makeup (but then I do love the 80s and that look... ) and I certainly need the assistance that a healthy appliqué of makeup brings at my age...

Passable - almost certainly at first glance (and I'd suggest you're sure to attract a second or more... ) and with shorter hair you might even manage a passable Audrey Hepburn look... Passable in a dimly lit bar or club? Almost certainly - so take care in places like that...

Lots of questions here about your motivation for doing this and I admit I'm curious too... I wouldn't worry about the social stigma of not being passable: the stigma of just being male and wanting to look the way you do will more than outweigh that from any nitpicking trannys - sorry, other girls... because they'll be the only ones who would critique you for your 'look'... Muggles (normals) will either pass over you as a genuine girl, or recognise you as an attractive T-girl. Good that your GF appears tolerant or supportive - I wonder what she makes of this side of you...???

Look forward to hearing more from you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hi Nicole, of course you do, you know you do - and welcome. While gestures and mannerisms give us away, remember the most important thing - very rarely does anyone else give any attention to anyone else, people out there are so self-absorbed they don't really care that much in my opinion. So don't worry about passing, it's how YOU feel about it that is important.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Personally I love the look. It's very striking. I think more out having a drink then shopping look though - but I suppose it depends if you just want to blend or you'd like the second glance which you will get I'm sure. However did the makeup did a great job.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nicole,

Well you have youth on your side and that is a plus. Although the pictures are bit grainy you do have facial features which can be found on many women so you would be what many refer to as a "blender" in that on first glance most people would see long hair, make-up, girl clothes and female facial features and process . . . girl. However passing IMHO is a bit of a "Holy Grail myth" in that very few truly pass . . . even the youngest and prettiest have some tell which gives them away. It could be voice, mannerisms, walk . . . just something that people pick-up on during close contact. To truly pass one would have to be able to enter a venue, interact with others in close proximity and nobody would ever think that person was not born a woman . . . very difficult to do.

However not be Ms Doom and Gloom I think you would definitely blend as a young woman so long as you have your gestures, walk and whatnot down . . . remember look is only half the battle. Should you go out in the world for a bit of test drive? If you are ready (and only you know if you are) I say give it a try. The knee jerk reaction is to try a quiet venue with one or two people around (e.g., a small store) but, while it may seem counterintuitive and scary, the more crowded the venue (e.g., a mall) the easier you will find it to blend. Just try a quick walk through a crowed mall (no interaction . . . just walk through), look up, own the moment and leave. It will get easier as time goes on.

Now my caveat . . . you do need a bit of a thick skin when doing this as you will get made (it is inevitable) but for the most part it will just be the odd "WTF stare", giggle or guffaw so if you can deal with that (and it is rare) you will be fine.

Cheers and good luck.

Marcelle

I have been in many venues, mostly counseling, with GG's. Most of them tell me that I can pass and my voice is very feminine and I have a small stature and some nice feminine features. Now I agree passing is very hard to do although I would say you do a great job. When I go out I see many GG's who have less feminine features than I do lol. So both sexes come in all shapes and sizes and I truly believe the final step to "passing" comes down to mannerisms and confidence.

I really like the lips, hair, and eyes.
    I agree with some of the comments about it is a more of an "evening look". Elegant,sophisticated, I think you could pull it off being self confidant.
    I'll also say actions speak louder than words, by that I mean if you LOOK like a girl, and ACT like a girl, most people wouldn't give you a second thought. However in most cases (certainly mine) the voice is the giveaway.
    Over the years I've figured out how to interact with people using a few chosen short words or phrases, and a lot of expressions and gestures.
    When I was first getting out, my SO would kind of run "interference" by doing most of the talking.