Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I look passable?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Welcome Nicole. You look great in the photo's. It's not really about looking passable. It's about being your self and acting naturally. Might sound odd but that's the hard part we have to learn . Enjoy being yourself.

Hey girl!

I don't see why you are worried, You look very beautiful and passable! I wish I could do eye makeup like you!

You look awsome Nicole. Welcome to the forum hun. Can't ad to what the others told you. I think you can do it girl.And I wish I could look 10% as good as you do.
    Angie

100% passable anywhere, any time, probably not. From a distance more than likely. Hard to tell how tall you are, how natural your mannerisms are. How your voice sounds... CDers tend to wear more make up than GG's do, to conceal their masculine features. Walk through a brightly lit mall, grocery store, Walmart.... You will get a lot of attention by how you are made up. The 1st thought may not be CDer, but that is sort of where CDers will often bring attention to themselves by the big hair, outfits, make up. It gets attention on its own. Then, under more scrutiny, the finer details MAY become apparent. A dimly lit dance club where a lot of young GG's are dressing similarly, you will probably go un noticed more, blend in well, unless you are tall, especially in high heels, have a deep voice that cannot be concealed, masculine mannerisms etc etc.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

You look really pretty!
    But it is impossible to tell from those grainy pics if you are passable or not.
    A pic could never tell the truth anyway, I could maybe be somewhat passable in some pics but could never be in real life.
    I think the percentage of CD's who pass is very small.

Just dress and have fun with it and don't worry too much about passing I would say

I think you look absolutely beautiful and very passable but as others have said adjust the makeup for the venue.

Miami/Costa Rica Crossdre SweetVicky's Avatar
    YES...YOU definitely are even more than passable...GO FOR IT GIRL!!!! You won't regret it.
    Love...
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Viktoria View Post
    I'm not saying you should surround yourself in delusion, but I would find a more impartial and tolerable venue than.
    That's just it. If you want honest, impartial opinions, it's not going to happen in a 'feel good' crossdresser site in static photos, or any other site where people are non judgemental. Passing means no one at all realizes that you're a male; not adults, not children, not men, and not ANYONE. Sure on youtube you'll always find some jerks. But if you're not passing to the jerks, then you're not passing! Passing is passing to the world; not looking great to other crossdressers. Being tolerated is completely different from passing; in fact, if you're being tolerated, then you're not passing at all.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    That's just it. If you want honest, impartial opinions, it's not going to happen in a 'feel good' crossdresser site in static photos, or any other site where people are non judgemental. Passing means no one at all realizes that you're a male; not adults, not children, not men, and not ANYONE. Sure on youtube you'll always find some jerks. But if you're not passing to the jerks, then you're not passing! Passing is passing to the world; not looking great to other crossdressers. Being tolerated is completely different from passing; in fact, if you're being tolerated, then you're not passing at all.
    I do understand what you are saying. I didn't mean to make it seem like being tolerable equals passing. And I agree that a crossdressing site isn't unbiased. I unfortunately don't know of an impartial venue to ask such a question. I just feel it may not be worth the no holds barred insults you will encounter on youtube when there may be somewhere that offers more constructive criticism in a respectful environment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    All I know is your face looks very attractive, Nicole. I see your slim figure often at Tgirl clubs. But, slim can be a give away for a male, dressed. Most females have a different shape. And, I don't mean just the boobs! Whatever club/bar u go, be prepared to be hit on!

Finally, do u think I look passable?
    58901.jpg
    Well, I can't pass on a moonless nite during a blackout! Shows u how deceiving photos can be.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-24-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I consider it the greatest compliment to hear "Holy ****, that was a guy!" as I pass people on the street. If they don't know until the very last second then it makes me happy. However, if they stand in front of me and look for longer than a second then there's no question. If I speak then there is absolutely no question. But I'm not out to fool anyone, just to look my best and that's all anybody can do.

Nicole, you look fab! You've such a feminine face. Cheekbones and beautiful eyes. Your full pics look amazing. Gorgeous heels. :-)

Reality Check
    Are you passable? You haven't provided enough information. What about the rest of you, not shown in the photos? We can't see your hips or butt. We can't see your legs. And of course we can't see how you walk or stand, how you move your arms, etc.

Your makeup is overdone unless you're going to a nightclub. And something I didn't see mentioned, your breasts are too high on your chest.

I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to be honest and answer your question.

Kris's, methinks I detect a slight bit of envy.

Interested in passing take a look here a whole site dedicated to the subject

https://www.reddit.com/r/transpassing

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Wow! Great look for a weekend evening out partying. I already can see that many say to tone it down but there is little question that you could pass. You obviously have a good eye for what looks good on you. Just do what I have said many times here. Watch what the GG's do. Look at women who have your face shape in commercials, ads and on the street. They have been doing this a long time and have figured out what looks good for everyday looks. With all that being said, you look great. I was just a few years older than you are when I found my look and started going out in NYC. I'm sure that with your look you will have a lot of fun enjoying the admiring attention you will surely get. Welcome and I hope you continue to post more pics and share your experiences as you venture into the world.

Not just passable but beautiful. You have a great look. I like that flowing, partially face concealing hair. Looks sexy and feminine. You look like a real party girl. Get out and party.

Beautiful.

Gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    All I know is your face looks very attractive, Nicole. I see your slim figure often at Tgirl clubs. But, slim can be a give away for a male, dressed. Most females have a different shape. And, I don't mean just the boobs! Whatever club/bar u go, be prepared to be hit on!

Finally, do u think I look passable?
    58901.jpg
    Well, I can't pass on a moonless nite during a blackout! Shows u how deceiving photos can be.
    This would be me too. To tall and lumps in the wrong spots. Made me laugh.

Passing is relative. I have seen many GGs that I wasn't too sure of.

Hi Nicole. Welcome to the forum. As I'm guessing you have figured out, this is a great place to come and get quality advice on 'our little hobby'
    As for whether or not you pass, Don't worry so much about passing as being comfortable with the way you look.
    I am 6'3", 210# without a feminine feature on my body(terminal case of guy in a dress) and I have dressed and gone out with the girls and had a blast.

Having said that... from the pictures, I would try to meet you if I saw you out.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Being friends I can say yes, absolutely! How about my latest candid pic though ☺ Love it 😀

2016-01-06-22-52-15-1623414756.jpg

Hi u look passable to me just heavy makeup like a kinda gothic look to your eye makeup agree with other people maybe go for a little toned down look but it also comes down to what u like as well but I'm not that good with makeup yet but what i found makes a difference also is eyebrows too getting them shaped and slightly arched also adds to a more feminine look also - but you look beautiful and passable to me

Helena you look absolutely adorable I am envious of you.