Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I sexist?

Am I sexist?

This morning, my wife is away at the hospital. (For her mom.) So, I needed to clean house. I got my hair, lipstick, skirt and blouse. I then started cleaning the house.

It's something that I don't usually enjoy but when dressed, I prance around cleaning dishes, floors, cabinets refrigerator.

Am I sexist because I subliminally associate house cleaning as feminine? Am i stereotyping women as housewives?

I know others do the same, so I'm interested in seeing your responses.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe you just enjoy doing the housework better in female mode. If so I wouldn't call it sexist,just enjoying your self.

Banned Read only
    Well, Suzy Homemaker was, well, Suzy Homemaker...

DeeAnn

I think a lot of stereotypical behavours are imprinted during childhood which are usually hard to dispel.
    Not only that, I would still reckon that in a good number of households, the woman still does the housework. How many of us males (and others that we know of) clean the toilet?

I can

No, I enjoy cleaning and often do it when dressed.

I clean the house all the time, it is just in me. When I get dressed nice who wants to clean house. O K today I am dressed an a girl friend of my wife is coming over , so just like anyother women I clean up. Now the hard part her friend has never seen me as Josephine . I told my wife i would change , but she said what for you are who you are. Now how is that for a wife.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes you are being sexist.
    Now stop prancing and cleaning.

Probably in some way, but maybe you just like a clean house. I know I do and I tie my hair up, put my face on(but I do that anyway), grab my rubber gloves and cleaning solutions(all natural and bio- degradable), usually a pair of jeans(bending over a lot) and off I go. Yes Cheryl I clean the toilets, and the rest of the bathroom. Oh yeah I'm single and live alone, silly me!!! I guess I would make a great "house wife".
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Yes but I don't notmally do it en femme as I don't want to mess up my good stuff. It's not like some elf is going to do it if I don't although that's what the family tends to think I believe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I hope you whistled while you worked?

I must admit it's more fun doing housework when I'm dressed, as I'm fully dressed all the time at home these days the place is spotless!!LOL

of course it's sexist, however, if you get to do something in the home otherwise you would not, then you're balancing things out, so that sort of counters the inherent sexism of association. It would be perhaps more sexist to see such roles as lesser than breadwinning.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's just fun, babe. Don't worry about it.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I feel my best when I'm dressed sure I can feel good in stylish guy clothes but there's nothing like strutting your stuff around the house en femme no matter what your doing its fun

probably sexist, but harmlessly. it depends on what you say and do in public and what you allow other to say and do when you're around. as I've become more feminist, I've become more questioning of my cross dressing. it is a crazy mixed up world. I do wonder how this is different from wanting to be black, dressing up like a black person and doing stereotypical black things, which would seem racist. why isn't there such a thing as trans-race? or if it is a thing, why isn't there more of it? questions and more questions.

Unless you expect that from a woman then no I wouldn't say you are sexist. You are choosing on your own to partake in activities that society generaly sees, or saw, as "woman's work". If you don't expect that out of an SO, or any other woman, then by all means, play into the stereotypes if that is what makes you feel more feminine.

I cannot do squat when en femme. Washing dishes with fake nails? Mopping the floor in heels? Hell no. On the other hand, I do lots of house chores when in drab.

Maybe you were just making something uninteresting (the housework) more tolerable by combining it with something fun (the dressing). The "spoonful of sugar" principle.

- Diane

It's not sexist to enjoy dressing up and combining this activity with other things you need to do, like housework. You're killing two birds with one stone. And if your fantasies take you to the 50's housewife stereotype or something like it, then that's just a fantasy.

It is sexist if you believe that housework is only a woman's job. But it doesn't sound as if you do believe this.

And if you couldn't dress up ... say you and your wife were expecting your boss for dinner and the carpet needed vacuuming. Would you refuse to do this dressed in your regular clothes and secretly think that this was your wife's job? If the answer is no, then you are not sexist.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-22-2015 at 10:57 PM.
    Reine

If you expect that kind of behavior from others who are dressed that way, it may be sexist. If you actually enjoy the cleaning when dressed, probably not. I would do SO much housework in a proper French maid uniform if I were allowed to have/wear one at home!

Depends on which side of the coin you want to land - personally, I"m not offended either way. Do what you like and enjoy it. Let's put it into perspective, the average person has around 27,000 days to live - the first 9,000 you try to figure out who you are, the next 9,000 you work toward success and your future, the last 9,000 most live in regret they didn't do things while younger and healthier!

Political correctness is the term of the day to cover any transgression There are some people that feel the need to be victims regardless because we teach this mentality. Sexist or not-sexist, I'm not concerned about social media, stigma's, stereo-typing, or whatever label you want to apply - I've better things to do in my life.

Go live your life to the fullest!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lena , Dressed up doing house work just makes it fun for me.
    If it was good enough for June Cleaver it's good enough for me. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In our division of labor I do all the dusting and vacuuming, clean the kitchen and do the dishes, and scrub the bath, while she shops for food, cooks wonderful meals, and does all our laundry. I do my chores regardless of what I am wearing, but on days like yesterday, when I planned to spend the day dusting vacuuming, and scrubbing the outsides of all the kitchen cabinets, I like to wear my black housemaid dress, wig and forms with lipstick and a dab of eyeliner, plus stockings and full-on complicated female underwear, of course. It doesn't occur to me that it might be sexist and I don't care if anyone else judges it so, it's just fun.... Especially when my darling wife reaches under my skirt to molest me, as she did yesterday when she came home from the gym and found me on the stepladder scrubbing grease off the kitchen ceiling fan. Oh my.

For the safety-minded among you, I always swap my heels for flats when climbing stairs and ladders. But I don't wear rubber gloves unless it is one of those rare occasions when I have also just had a manicure.
    Last edited by Jackie7; 11-24-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Nothing sexist in what you do, I think you are overthinking the situation.

If I were you I would be calm, relaxed and enjoying life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.