Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I sexist?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It's Tuesday morning, I have the day off and the house needs to be vacuumed, bathroom cleaned, and towels need to be washed. My wife and I split and share the load around the house, I make it messy too. Of course I get dressed, no wig, or makeup, I'm working. I often thought I should get a maids uniform, why not. If I can make the work fun, then it isn't work. This isn't sexist either, I am carrying you share of the load, what difference does it make how one dresses, as long as the work gets done.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's something. But, no, it's NOT sexist. It sounds more like a fetish to me! Like all these goldarn pantie threads!

Why would changing your clothes make u want to house work otherwise!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    doc:

Then again, why would changing clothes make folks desire a different sex partner?

Curious, isn't it?

DeeAnn

I was single for most of my forties and found out quickly, regarding household chores, that if I didn't do it, it didn't get done. As a consequence there is no household chore that I view as gendered and/or that I will not do. This carried over when I remarried and I now happily and equally share the load -- not that I like doing chores (except strangely I like doing the laundry). Most of these tasks I do in male mode but I have been known to reward myself (during or after) for a job well done.

Luckily, I can partially to mostly dress around the house almost any time I want to as long as we are not expecting company and/or I don't do it too frequently. And, sometimes knowing I can reward myself is as good as actually doing it.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 11-25-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Banned Read only
    Lena,
    I do most of the cooking and cleaning anyway to help my wife when she's at work, I enjoy it far more dressed, am I sexist ? As far as my wife is concerned I'm a **** !
    Now days she jokes about Mrs Mop needs to get the cleaning done, I would be quite happy mowing the lawn and gardening dressed , that could be hardly sexist but what my wife would call me then would take a page of * !

I don't think that you're being sexist by subliminally associating any activity as 'feminine'. I'm willing to bet that if you get inside the head of the most ardent feminist you would discover that they subliminally associate certain activities as being 'masculine' or 'feminine' - not that you'll get them to admit it. So don't sweat it!

I think part of the reason I do alot of housework dressed is just to feel the movement of the clothes.

Just like the Donna Reed t.v. Show way back when.
    Dress, heels, pearls.

Since I already do the majority of the housework I relish those rare opportunities when I can dress as a 'French Maid' and do the housework. Why not? It makes the mundane tasks a little more interesting and a heck of a lot more fun!

Over the years, there have only been a handful of these opportunities to dress the part, but bending over vacuuming the stairs while wearing a short dress, heels, garter belt & stockings always makes me a happier person!

Is that sexist? Possibly to some, but I don't see it that way at all. In my own way, I'm paying homage to those who started that style.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)