Thread: OMG! What a pain!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

OMG! What a pain!

So, I'm on a fabulous Carla staycation for ten days. Full reign. I don't have to worry about the sound of my heels on the tile. And I'm doing full makeup every day. Well, isn't that just a pain in the ass! I really appreciate what cis women go through on a daily basis. Eye lashes? I'm surprised I didn't glue them to the ceiling. And eyeliner! Forget it. After two hours of femming it up what did I get? Corpse! Well, maybe presentable from 20 feet away. I have a professional makeover scheduled for wednesday. I know, just keep practicing. I get it.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    Yes Carla sometimes its a big pain to look beautiful but the end result is fulfilling. Your right though practice and it will cone

Few cis-women do full makeup every day. Yes, a few do, but the vast majority do a little lipstick and perhaps a bit of liner, etc. Do what makes you feel good. Skill will come with practice!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am sorry that you are experiencing so much trouble with your makeup. I am wondering why that is. I do my eye makeup virtually every morning before I even go downstairs. It takes about 5 minutes for eyebrows, eye liner, eye shadow and mascara. Have you practiced doing these things? It does take some practice to get used to applying these cosmetics. For instance, when applying eye liner, I hold my eyelid taut with my free hand while drawing with the other. It does take a bit of practice to keep from blinking when applying mascara. IMHO, it is well worth the effort.
    Hugs, Carole

Just practice, practice and more practice I guess Carla.

I know omg everything else takes like 10mins but the eye makeup is like 20min getting abit quicker at these days but the juice is worth the squeeze when its done

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Few cis-women do full makeup every day. Yes, a few do, but the vast majority do a little lipstick and perhaps a bit of liner, etc.
    And some of us, none at all, except maybe when we go somewhere special.

Most women I worked with (an academic setting) wore none at all. And certainly the female students don't, not for class.

Anyway, have fun on the remainder of your time alone, Carla!
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I hear ya Carla, eye makeup is a B***H, I typically stop at mascara and a half hearted attempt at shadow but eye liner, f'get about it, and false lashes, almost tried those....once!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 78 View Post
    Just practice, practice and more practice.
    I agree with Michelle, practice is the key to mastering eye make-up, do it daily and after our 6 months you will fly thru the routine of applying it without even a second thought, In the the end that is what it takes is doing often and consistently unless you are a natural at it

I wont mow the grass without some makeup on

Hell-o Carla,
    Yeah.... It may be a challenge to get our makeup done the way we expect (hope, desire, wish) it to look, but
    we have to remember that we (well most of us) are nowhere near having the experience that most GG's have.
    And if we are trying to duplicate a look we've seen in a photo, or follow an online tutorial, f'get about it!
    Try to duplicate the same look over and over, rather than experimenting with different looks. Get that down, and then add to it!
    As far as the eyelash thing.... OMG! One attempt at it ( so far) surprised I didn't glue my eye shut!
    Those damn things are still taunting me though. I'll give 'em another go someday. (Maybe?)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Carla, two things. One, my wife is continually amazed that I want to go through all the steps to get made up. And two, we used to live in a big city (upper midwest) and we met a woman from Texas. She was selling furniture and made a comment about how ugly all the northern women were. She'd figured out that almost none of them wore makeup every day. She said her husband had never seen her without it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    For instance, when applying eyeliner, I hold my eyelid taut with my free hand while drawing with the other. It does take a bit of practice to keep from blinking when applying mascara. IMHO, it is well worth the effort.
    Hi Carole. My, my. I've known you for so long. Remember filterpost? Thank you so much for the tip of just pulling the flesh taught. I was wondering how the hell you draw a straight line on jello.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyn53 View Post
    ... met a woman from Texas. ... She said her husband had never seen her without it.
    That statement stuck out to me. My wife, doesn't like to admit she's from Texas and constantly talks about the things she hates about our state. On one hand I can't blame her but that's a whole different thread.
    Anyway, although I have seen her without makeup (in the mornings for about an hour... maybe) there absolutely no way she would walk out of the house without makeup on. There's some things you just can't take out of a Texas girl I guess.

So I'd been watching hours of makeup tutorials before I tried doing full makeup. You know titles like "my every day makeup tutorial" or "tips on everyday makeup". All of them showed the whole deal... beginning to end... the whole enchilda. Starting with face washing, moisturizing then primer, foundation and all the way through to eyes, contouring, lips... everything. After that first time of me trying it (and I've only done it twice) I thought "holy cow! How do they do this every day??? And I bet this gets expensive! And wow... do i look pretty. "
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Quote Originally Posted by xNicolex View Post
    I know omg everything else takes like 10mins but the eye makeup is like 20min getting abit quicker at these days but the juice is worth the squeeze when its done
    Your eye makeup is amazing anyway Nicole. I really wish I could get the hang of it. My problem is that my left eye when I look out of it is a blurry mess and my hands not steady enough which means I'd be as neat using a paint brush. lol.
    I do use makeup glasses and a magnifying mirror which helps.

Here's some tips I wrote for the site years ago.

Applying Mascara
    Applying Liners

Hope they help.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's unfortunate that there are more than a few of us who give off way too many "GUY" cues if we don't do full makeup. Maybe that's just our perception, but it's that image in the mirror that we use to build our self confidence before heading out the door into the wider world. So pay attention during the makeover and pick up as many tips as you can. Each one can be another bit of foundation you base Carla on, creating the confidence you deserve.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

What is that tired (but true) old saying.....don't let perfection be the enemy of good. I've no doubt your makeup skills will improve with practice, Carla. And of course you'll be taking down notes during your professional session, right?

YIM -- tracigirl111

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    My idea of full make up takes around 20-30 mins. I must be missing something. Not including nails in that.

Reality Check
    You may not know this, but most women don't go all out on makeup every day. Certainly not to the extent of false eyelashes. Unless their job expects otherwise, most women just put on a little base and some lipstick. Plenty don't bother even with that.

I think a lot of crossdressers tend to go overboard on makeup and that's one of the signs. That and extremely high heels.