Thread: Going out in public for the first time?

Going out in public for the first time?

Hi I'm going to be going out in public for the first time dressed in the new year (new year new me kindda thing ) and I was just wondering the best place to go first. I was thinking a bar or club in the city for a night out but I was wondering what was your first time out like and where did you start? thanks

Wherever you go....go out with friends. Either straight or other CDers. Go where they want to go. Start with a long leisurely dinner at a nice restaurant with some drinks then maybe a club for the NY hour. Possibly a party at a friends house....could also be a great coming out oppertunity. Have fun and stay safe.

Aspiring Member
    Well my first time out was to a park. Ifigured I would be safe there,even though there were quite a few people there. I figured no one would bother me if I were read. A club is good if it is CD friendly, just be careful and have a way out if something should go wrong. That's always a standing rule. And above all else enjoy yourself.

Banned Read only
    Nicolex, I went to dinner and then a wine bar with two other cross dressers from this forum. All the places we went were mainstream locations full of normals. Go anywhere you want and be confident when you are there. Hold your head up. Smile and feel free to engage the normals. Dress for the occasion, location, and time. It's a great experience.

Maybe walk 1/4 mile outside before club night to test shoes. Heels feel very different outside.

My first trip out was to the Goodwill store to give away some male clothing. There's no special place you need to go, just do the things you normally do. I don't go to bars or clubs, but if that's the sort of stuff you usually do, go for it. Personally I like going shopping or out to dinner.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I went to a cd/tg party that was thrown by a local support group, it was a blast...I was nervous up until I walked into the front door...xoxo good luck

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Just go out to where you would normally go when you are dressed in drab, just OWN IT, be confident. Nobody really cares. People might give a second look but not say anything. If you run into someone you know, just act normal, if they ask questions, answer truthfully people respect that. I go out dressed on a daily basis and I don't try to pass, I don't wear a wig, just my bald head. I have not had a bad reaction to my choice of attire, a couple of young girls giggled once but kids will do that. Good luck.

Banned Read only
    Nicolex, the best place to go for the first time out is a TG/CD support group, as soon as you walk in the door you're with everyone just like you and they all support you and make you feel comfortable. You don't have this with the other places mentioned. You will make new fiends and then you can venture out with your CD/TG friends to places in public.