Thread: Thoughts on Being Out in Public

Banned Read only

Thoughts on Being Out in Public

Yesterday I was out en femme shopping for dresses, etc. and had a great time. I have no idea what proportion of people nearby read me but I know some certainly did not. I am 99% sure one lady did read me and she said "You look very nice." An interesting concurrence was a lady I met who I had quite long chat with about a bunch of things, including clothes and boots, Sometimes we were walking and sometimes being still. At one point we were sitting side by side at McDonalds and she advised me to adjust my wig, because my natural hair was showing. I did that and then asked something (I forget what) to establish what she thought and it was clear she read my wearing a wig, but not as my being a CD. She thought I was a lady in a wig. I should have figured out a way to keep in contact, she was such a fun sweet person.

Now I have been out not very many times - maybe 7 or 8 - but in that short experience I have learned speaking to people really adds to the good vibes. I use a not-very-convincing feminine-ish voice and try to walk and otherwise behave ladylike.

I am writing this to encourage my sisters who want to try going out to go for it. And when you're out, don't be really shy. Interacting with other people, men or women, has been a significant part of my joy. To be fair, so far I have had no negative thing happen.

I know I was a bit inhibited about going out at first because some sisters here on the forum are really good looking and I am not. But when I look around where I live, there are many GGs who are not that good-looking, don't have great figures, and don't dress super nicely. So I can fit in as a somewhat-homely, 60ish lady, if you don't look too close.

For working on my voice I use the free software recommended and free pdf file at and also the guidance at http://www.genderlife.com/free-trans...s/voice-tutor/
    I didn't buy any of their products although they look good. So far I haven't needed them. The free Spectrogram program is quite helpful.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Girl you are soo refreshing.
    You have a super attitude and are doing what most here are too uptight to do.
    I applaud you and your efforts to make trans people seen as regular people.
    Thank you.

You go girl!!!.......CD's for life and proud to be a sissy. Love all my girly stuff and every opportunity to be a lady out in public, experiencing real life. Who care if they make me as a dude in a dress? At this point in my life I really don't care.....i n the words of Popeye...I yam what i yam.

Aspiring Member
    Great job Sandra. You know there are alot of women out there who has a male sounding voice so don't worry. As far as getting read. Who cares, you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. Keep it up.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    great post girl !!! I hope you are able to inspire others here with it xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra-Bumstead View Post
    So I can fit in as a somewhat-homely, 60ish lady, if you don't look too close
    This made me laugh! And the rest made me smile and want to give you a big hug. Going out is about being happy with who you are and not trying to live up to some ideal.

Sandra, the more you go out the less self conscious you become.

Go for it!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.