Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving while CD : concerns

Aspiring Member

Driving while CD : concerns

I've only driven while CD a small handful of times, ok well not "fully" CD (I don't wear my wig, but everything else is).

Anyways, it is fun and somewhat on the exhilarating side. Note, I've only done it during fall/winter months, as it gets dark out earlier. I don't think I would ever have the courage to do so during the summer months (plus it is too hot). In the cooler months, I can hide my breastforms under a parka.

However, there has always been some nagging concerns each time I've driven while CD :
    - victim of a road rager.
    - since I drive while CD during the fall/winter months, especially when it is snowing, the roads can be slick. What happens if I hit black ice and wipe out or worse end up in an accident.
    - being pulled over by the police, I do my best to fall all driving laws though.
    - flat tire, or mechanical breakdown. I would hate to get any of my good clothes dirty, especially with grease/oil.

Am I just paranoid ? Thoughts ?

I think you're just being paranoid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Paranoid is my answer.LOLOL.
    Carry your guy clothes with you just in case.

I drive as Paula quite often. At first I had your concerns, but practice and experience has lessened my concerns. I've been stopped by police two or three times. They can't write a ticket for DWCD. Just be polite and honest with the police and usually you get no worse than the ticket they pulled you over for in the first place....or maybe just a warning.

Car trouble is always possible. I keep a bag of guy clothes in my trunk with some paper towels and a drinking water so I could make a quick change if necessary.... Or just do yourself what may be required, as you're dressed. Better not to drive through areas you would not want to stop in anyways.

Road rage is hard to tell. Just drive defensively and courteously and allow anyone who wants to cut in front to do so. Remember, you are trying act like a lady and should drive like a lady.....not drive like a woman? Do not do anything to attract attention to your self and if anyone gives you shit.....drive to a well lit, ,open business location, stay in your car and call police.

Accidents are unpredictable. As per above, always drive defensively and legally. Do not drive under the influence of alcohol
    Or drugs or meds or exhaustion. If an accident happens it happens, hopefully without injury to yourself or others, but do what is legally required and helpful for others and let what happens, happen.....go with the flow. Your CD'g is likely the lesser of your concerns at that time.

Do not let the what ifs control your life. Be fore thoughtfully and careful is the best advice I would give you.
    good luck and stay safe.

Yes, you are being paranoid to some extent. If you are careful and polite while driving you are not likely to encounter road rage. Even if you do, you can take evasive action to avoid conflict. I think that wearing your wig would be helpful in avoiding a road rage incident.

If, heaven forbid, you do get in an accident, nearly all police, EMTs, hospital personnel have dealt with CDs, t-girls before. It may be a bit embarrassing for you but you will survive that. Thus, being careful while driving is essential. If you have a breakdown, do you have AAA or roadside assistance? As Traci suggested, carrying a change of men's clothes with you is a good idea.

Of course, there is some risk incurred just by being on the road. Do what you can to reduce those risks and enjoy your experience. BTW, everyone is not looking at you.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    Agreed.

And yes, I've been stopped by the police in a small town at 1:30am on a Saturday night when fully dressed. I missed a blinking red light. We talked about and I was not issued a ticket. Stuff happens...

DeeAnn

I also drive like that when I go out. I put my wig and lipstick on only when I decide to leave the car and start walking. When I drive I also wear a male sweater, so people who stop next to me at traffic light can't see female clothes. As other suggested I also carry male clothes in my car for emergency. You never know. I wouldn't like to get stranded on the road in case of breakdown or accident dressed in female clothes.

Since I've said it before on this forum I won't go into detail. But I went out for a drive once while fully dressed/makeup, hair, etc, and sure enough, while turning around in a parking lot, some idiot backed into me. Nothing bad happen but it was very embarrassing.

Aspiring Member
    I'm always driving while dressed. Had a flat tire in broad daylight I got out and a trooper stopped and changed it for me. I didn't have AAA at the time when I use to smoke I crunched out tip out the window and a lady trooper stopped me at 2:30 in the morning. And recently I. Had another flat going through a construction zone which one of the worker's replaced for me.so somethings happen and other things don't. Don't sweat it.

Aspiring Member
    You listed four concerns. Anybody who is wondering can go back to the top and reread your post.
    How often do these concerns happen when you're driving in drab?

Get fully dressed, get in the car and GO! Use the male bag as insurance if you want.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I go out all the time (4 times this past week) and I always carry a change of clothes and some makeup remover wipes. I began doing this when I first started going out and was a bit scared and paranoid. Now that I am much more confident I probably don't need them but its always good to be prepared just in case.

Banned Read only
    Wendy, yes, you re being paranoid. You do need to be pragmatic, however. If something goes awry, you'll have to deal with it dressed. Cops? They don't care. Hospitals and doctors? They've seen it all. Did you see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer made a corkscrew pasta statuette? Now, I just had a discussion with my wife about driving dressed. I don;t even think about it. Why? NO ONE actually sees you. When was the last time you actually took more than 1 second looking at someone in their car? No one is looking.

I go out fully enfemme about 2 times a month. I take a jug of water, wash cloth, towel and my male clothes with me just in case I need to de-femme. I have been in a minor accident while enfemme, I have been pulled over by the State Police while enfemme. No problems either time. Just roll with the flow and give yourself an out if needed.

When I started to go out I worried about all of the contingencies. Boy bag, ready-made excuses, the whole shebang.

Now my precautions are a AAA card, just like any GG would have. I stay away from dangerous areas and travel in pairs or groups, just as GGs might do.

In other words, learn from other women!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've been rear ended.( by a woman) No problem. No damage, the cop was courteous and polite. You can't believe the stuff they've seen
    Also had a flat while the SO and I were going to an event in a sketchy part of town ( lots of homeless people and drugs), it was daylight, a homeless gentleman insisted on changing the tire for us. He was very nice, again no problem

I drive en femme all the time. How else am I going to get to all the stores?

I'm quite happy for other drivers to notice me. This is the real me, and I want others to see me this way.

Last night I got a speeding ticket en femme. While the officer addressed me as "sir" (which is who I am and what my license lists me as), he was very respectful (although he still gave me the ticket). I honestly gave it little thought I was wearing a dress. You will read this in thread after thread here, no one is paying much attention to those around them, they are focused on themselves. While things can happen, you need to live your life.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Live your life homegirl.....bring a change of clothes just in case you have a car issue....you only live once....good luck and get out there already

I drive while dressed sometimes at night. I have the same concerns. While I know it is not against the law to drive while CD, I would rather not be on the side of the road with several patrol cars behind me discussing my sexy legs. Another thing that I've done is drive dressed from the waist down during the daytime. Pantyhose, heels, mini-skirt. One day, I was driving in a full sized conversion van when someone rear ended me, hard, at a traffic light. I pulled on a pair of jeans and male shoes so faster than Taylor Swift.

I didn't even remove the mini-skirt, just shoved it in those pants, good thing I was wearing a sweatshirt that went kind of long.

I agree with:
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post

Hi Wendy,

I'm not sure that "paranoid" is the word -- maybe it's the fear of someone finding out that you are crossdressed? So something happens and there it is, that driver's license with a male photo, Let's see, that's happened to me ... like being carded in the Atlanta airport ... like being asked for an ID with my credit card ... and yes, interacting with policemen (and -woman). And you know what? Nothing happens ... except maybe "is that really you ?" Sure, at first I was spooked. Now it's part of owning it.

I would say to be more careful when you're driving en femme. I don't speed, I don't cut off --- just this pokey old lady ....

So enjoy it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Cautious is more the word, the only thing I take with me is my cellphone.

My security blanket. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Basically all your concerns boil down to one thing -- what will you do if you have to interact with other people? And the answer is, you'll do what you have to do. I read once that most fears are really just concern that you couldn't face the consequences of something happening. You list of fears say that you're not sure you can face the consequences of having to exit your vehicle and talk to another person. I can't say if you can or can't; only you can say if you're prepared to do that.

Practice interacting with people would give you confidence, but again, only you know if you're ready for that. The big item to hold close is that you have a right to exist and you have a right to be wherever any other member of the public is allowed to be. Getting into a traffic accident or needing a tow truck or talking to a cop are all things you are entitled to do as a crossdresser just as much as you're entitled to do as a drab (to coin a noun.) You may fear that it puts you at a disadvantage in a conflict situation, but the fact is it only does that if you allow it to. But again, I can't tell you how you feel.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I too drive dressed not a problem for me but I do get concerned if something happened like a wreck or being stopped but mostly I just figured I would just have to go with it if it happened so just be careful and when your ready you will do it