Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving while CD : concerns

Banned Read only
    When I have had the opportunity to go driving totally en femme which includes wig and light makeup I've avoided the Interstate and main arterials. On the Interstate you're stuck between the off ramps and, if something does go wrong with your car the chances of getting caught in the headlights is great and having someone stop to help. On the main arterials in my small city it is the same. Too many cars and lights. The neighborhood streets are 25 mph and only have residents living in houses. The chances of collision is reduced. And, if the car does malfunction it is easy to change into my male clothes and wipe off the lip gloss. And, if the car cannot be readily fixed, it is easy to walk home or take public transportation and come back later.

I like strolling in the evening before it gets to late, but, late enough the commuters are already home. I find it is great to walk in a light rain using an umbrella to obscure my obvious male face. There are less casual walkers out when it is raining also.

As to an encounter with the police I am not a drinker, but, I would recommend definitely being 100% alcohol free. In Washington State the law protects cross dressers as well as gays, lesbians and all transgenders from discrimination. The police have no legal right to harass anyone because they are wearing a dress. And, if a cross dressers is picked on by the local populace because she is presenting en femme that qualifies as a hate crime.

Just be careful to minimize breakdowns and definitely choose places to drive that minimize uinintended encounters.

I have been pulled over one time I was going straight in a left hand turn lane. NO problem I asked if I should take my wig off and he said no he recognized me. Bummer I gues I didn't pass. LOL I did get a ticket. Just roll with the flow it is usually no problem and don't over think it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

GLBT Tgirl In PA US
    Fear only knows how to hurt. However, seemingly to me, most LGBTQ people and friends that I've encountered in my life, at one time or another, they all have convinced me that the real and equally most important issue for LGBTQ people is really and truly - "The Attaining of Self-Sufficiency/Autonomy and the Virtues of the long-lasting Tangible Means that empower & support us LGBTQ family people, so that we can freely and fully be who we are and no matter what or who! "
    Fear can be bad too... But lack of tangible/supportive means,such has ended and destroyed many of our kind before and it still silently does. I wish I knew the answer but there is none. It is all time, circumstances and changes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There will always be the negative view points on driving emfemme and to those people just don't do it if you worry so much.
    What fun is life if you just don't push the boundaries once and a while?
    Will things happen? Sure they will just be prepared and have a plan Q.

Hi Wendy

1) Road rager. I have never had to deal with that, but I have thought of it. Know the area where you are driving. Drive straight to the police station or county jail. Park there. Problem resolved.
    2) Carry a guy bag. Have it next to you. Bring it to the hospital. If someone picks you up, like a paramedic, they may bring it with you. But, nothing is risk free.
    3) I have been pulled over 4X with no negative results. The first time was truly nerve wracking. I have been stopped mostly because I like to go to clubs and cops hang out near clubs at 2 AM looking to score a DUI arrest. Carry your drivers license. If you are going to drive, do not drink. If you are going clubbing, then wouldn't it be better to take a cab or Uber? This is what I do now. For the most part, the cops will play the situation out to their rule book. Nerve wracking, but nothing to worry about; that is if you are sober and not breaking any laws.
    4) Again, bring a guy bag. Makeup remover, acetone, pants, shoes, shirt.

Don't forget you could slip on your front step on the way to the car, break a leg and be taken to the hospital before you ever reach the car...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    Claire Cook and Beverley Sims are correct in that paranoia is not the proper word to use for your concerns. Paranoia is a serious mental condition involving delusions and unjustified mistrust of others. Often it is symptomatic of serious illness such as schizophrenia or dementia. What you describe are legitimate concerns, that can be dealt with by employing the various precautions that have been outlined by almost every reply.

We do ourselves a disservice whenever we use negative or exaggerated terminology in discussing either our own or other's crossdressing adventures and experiences. Words such as "fear", "shame", "guilt", "addiction" or "perversion", all convey an image of crossdressing being somehow wrong. We all have concerns about our crossdressing and encounter difficulties, but these are all real and not imagined and solutions are always available that may or may not help to overcome these concerns and difficulties.

Veronica

I drive around dressed often. I really don’t care much if the police is stopping me. I am sure they don’t care if I drive around in a dress.

Almost a year ago I was driving in a parking lot on my way to a shopping mall. I stopped because the car in front of me stopped. Then she suddenly backed straight into my car. I tried to make signals but she didn’t see me. She was talking in a cellphone.

I had no chance to change my clothes so I just thought, well here we go. I stepped out in my high heeled boots, skirt and purse. We had to write the report and of course exchange names and drivers licenses. She was so nervous for what she had done. We went into my car and finished the report. At the end I said I didn’t hope my clothing disturbed her. She just answered that she didn’t care how I dressed, and she was more concerned of how bad driver she was

Everything went totally fine, and we had to keep contact by phone later on to finish the process. Both our cars are totally fine now. It actually became a nice experience.

This is what we risk, but the odds are very low that something will happen. I need to take that risk to be able to be my self.

I've dressed in a dark place after work at 11 pm and drove home some 30 miles going through the easypass booth. I loved it.
    Angie

I have logged thousands of miles in city traffic while enfemme, and I have worried about all of the points you bring up. While you may feel you are being paranoid, there is definitely a difference between driving and walking down the street , or taking public transit. Dressing up ,walking around, riding the bus/train ect. is a right. Driving is a priviledge, and with it comes responsibility and liability. I would not call you paranoid, just extremely aware of the risks and potential consequences of driving, although being en femme would simply be a side note if anything really unfortunate ever happened. I think that any of us that live "within the transgender spectrum" take nothing for granted, and may explain your apprehension about driving. In any case you are making our roadways a more beautiful place to drive, so step on it, girl !

Miami/Costa Rica Crossdre SweetVicky's Avatar
    No reasons for being paranoid, just dress up to the sexiest you can be and enjoy the ride, of course, learn first to drive with high heels and from time to time look over your shoulders and I bet you'll have a handsome man throwing kisses at you!!!! Trust in your self and enjoy driving under the CD influence!!! jijijijijiji...
    Love...
    Vicky

Keep your car in good working o order. Regular maintenance and pretrip checks that we all should be doong any way.
    Don't drive when the weather could turn bad.
    Road rage, well don't drive in a manner that could offend. Bring in fem is not one of those in my book.
    Being pulled over, well could be inevitable, police are trained to look at more than surface items in photos. They look at structure of the face more than anything. You might get messed up with coloured contact lenses.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

After my 1st Meetup with sisters at a place I had never been at before i had the opportunity to change before leaving but was in the pink fog and set out for a 60 mile drive home, but got lost and then next thing I realize is that I'm driving around in D.C. There are other things to worry about! LOL. No problems and I just kept my cool and enjoy!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

This is my job and I have dealt with many people dressed en-femme and for me I treat them like any other person I deal with as that is what they are a member of the public. So my wording may sound wrong.
    I can say though unfortunately this type of industry has too many 'macho' men who are either stand offish at the time and laugh and mock the people they come in contact with that aren't their form of 'normal' after back at the station. But if you can think of it as well you have given them a conversation piece you have done your job and brightened there otherwise difficult day.
    At the end of the day don't worry about being stopped by the law they will act professional in front of you that is their job and trained to do. Chances are you may not see them again unless you live in a very small town.

I've driven probably more than 10.000 miles fully dressed, nothing bad ever happened. Yes, I got checked by the police a few times, I got stuck with my car, some people pushed my car to a save place...nothing ever happened - always dressed with a short skirt, heels, wig..

Reality Check
    Yes, you're just being paranoid. I don't understand why you take off your wig while driving or why you hide your breast forms under a parka.

Hopefully, when dressed, you don't look like your male self, you look like a woman. Maybe not like a young hot chick, but like a female. And hopefully you don't have a distinctive vehicle or vanity plates. Driving in icy conditions when you don't have to is dumb no matter how you are dressed. Stay home and wait for the conditions to improve.

You can carry a change of clothes (male) in case of car trouble but really, how often does that happen?

If you are afraid to drive while dressed, you'll end up spending all your time at home.

I understand being a bit paranoid, and in fact, depending on how I feel, I'll take a pair of jeans and drab shoes with me just in case. As for the time of year or darkness? As an experiment, as you're driving around in drab, take a look at the other drivers. I'll bet that no one takes anything other than a passing (no pun intended) glance at people around them. IMO, I think you should go driving, wig and all, and have fun!

Chill a little!

I don't know that I'd use the word 'paranoid' but I do think that you're psyching yourself out needlessly.
    I love driving fully crossdressed.
    The first thing that you have to realise is that 90% of the other drivers on the road won't even notice you - even if you have blue hair and pointy ears! Of the remaining 10% at least half will simply see 'a woman driving a car' and take no further notice. Some of the remaining 5% may see 'a woman driving a car' and look more closely and maybe even like what they see! And a handful will clock you - but either you or they will be half a mile down the road etc.
    As for dealing with cops / accidents / mechanical issues / other drivers...
    • Drive carefully and defensively. if some nutteer wants to cut in front of you, let him (unless, of course, your car is actually fitted with phasers!)
    • Speed limits and red lights are the most common reasons why a cop will pull you over so... see above! if you do get pulled over then smile sweetly, cooperate readily and, above all, don't attempt to conceal your identity!
    • Stuff hapens! Just deal with it. i once had to pump up a tyre that was rather soft (using one of these coin operated air lines) - skirt and 3inch heels wasnt the preffered attire for that job! The guy behind me in the queue was only too glad to offer to help! If you really don't want to deal with it all in full-on femme mode then carry an emergency 'get back into guy mode' kit!
    • Calm down! How often has any of this happened to you in 'boy mode'? Crossdressing doesn't increase the probability of any of this stuff happening

Platinum Member
    Hi Wendy , While driving--CD be extra careful. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I actually like it and wish I could do it more...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I have driven more miles than I care to count.

The main thing is to do what you can to avoid trouble by checking water oil tyres etc before you start your journey.

I have had encounters with the cops all of which were very polite. At stores I have had guys offer to assist the nice lady with heavy items. Sometimes I have asked for help from sales assistants, when moving items to the car. Usually a nice young man appears to help.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I love doing it .. something about being out and around .. Go for it , enjoy it .. people are so tied up in their own thing they will not even notice you ..

Well, you're paranoid for sure... No question about that. Lol but it's okay because you have every reason to be paranoid. If you're trying to do it discreetly, then being concerned about a traffic accident, speeding ticket, car trouble, etc. are all reasonable and realistic concerns.

I am a discreet dresser, but I still have my overpowering urges to go out in public dressed. While, I don't want to get caught, I still do it because the possibility that it could happen just intensifies the thrill of it all. For me, trying to keep it a secret, it's risky behavior.

I think ink the more you do it, the more you will realize that as long as you're as careful as you've indicated, you're relatively safe from anything really going wrong. Just pack some guy clothes that you can easily slip into and enjoy your drive!

I'm going on a long road trip this weekend and I plan on dressing for most of it. It will be dark and I'll have plenty of guy clothes, but while driving, I will be completely dressed. I usually try to find closed gas stations where I can pay at the pump so I don't have to cover up when I do have to get out and fill up the tank. If I have to get out to go in and pay, I just take off my heels, wig, and Breast forms and slip on a baggy hoodie, sweat pants, and throw on a ball cap and some tennis shoes and go in to pay completely incognito.
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 11-26-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Driving is my favorite femme activity. It is pleasant to relax and enjoy being out and about in the comfort of my own car. I have done it for many years.

My first out and about experiences en femme were driving in my car. I just drove around. I stopped to pump gas. I went through a drive through burger joint. I got out and walked around parks.

My two most recent opportunities were to drive home from Seattle and from Portland, about 300 to 400 miles each trip through the deserts of Washington. I stop at rest stops and smaller towns without incident. (There are no big towns or cities bigger than Kennewick until I reach Spokane, which is close to home.). I take appropriate supplies and equipment as any sensible person does. It is a great time.

I always drive in heels. I took to them immediately and have never looked back.

I use good sense when driving, like a smart GG would. I keep the speed down and treat red lights and stop signs with great care. That avoids most of the problems. I have met cops only once. I am respectful. I am absolutely truthful but I say and do no more than the cop asks for. Car trouble has been nil--I reduce the probability of that by keeping the car maintenance up-to-date. I keep a floor jack in my trunk, next to the heavy tire chains. With that jack, I have changed a tire on I-15 in Salt Lake City at rush hour in less than four minutes.

It is great fun to drive en femme.

Banned Read only
    This was before 'the great purge' for me but I had a flat once, wow that really sucked for sooo many reasons 😠