Thread: Accepting ? SO

Accepting ? SO

I couldn't help laughing inwardly last night... We'd been out in the garden all afternoon, then I spent an hour on the Wii-Fit before going for a shower. "Will you be coming down as Stephen or Michelle?" she asked. "Oh, probably Michelle," I replied. She looked a little grumpy and complained that there hadn't been many recent evenings when I have been Stephen - well she's just been away for a week so that's hardly surprising!!! So I said, "Well, I'm still the same person." "But sometimes you look so quaint," she said.

So is this her official verdict on Michelle's sartorial style? "Quaint"? I have to say I thought Michelle did rather better than that. I think she takes exception when Michelle wears short skirts displaying her long nylon-clad legs - thinks it isn't proper for a lady of my age, maybe. Still, at least she puts up with Michelle being around the house so even if she does think I am "quaint" there is a modicum of acceptance.

I retold this story to two GG colleagues this morning - they thought it was hilarious and have threatened to put a label on my door saying "Quaint" - humph!!!!

Do other girls get this sort of reaction from their SO?

Laughingly
    Michelle
    xxx

Great story Michelle. Sadly no real acceptance as such in our house (which I fully understand as its a very emotive situation) other than arranging to keep out of the way if I get the chance to dress upstairs - better than nothing, I suppose.

Banned Read only
    Michelle, my wife prefers her husband, always. Because she knows that I need to dress from time to time, she accommodates me whenever I like. It is because of THAT that I make certain to give my wife far more husband time then Jen time. Acceptance does not mean a wife likes it just that they know we need it. Our wives should be rewarded for their understanding by being the male figure they married as often as possible.

Yesterday I wore a rather tight fitting sweater dress. It starts out as knee length but always rides up to mid-thigh. While making dinner, my wife called me a "hussy"

I get "pretty" - she is such a nice lier, and I love her more for it
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I don't think we can win on this one, some weeks ago I passed a bag of clothes to my wife saying there's a jumper in there you can have it if you like, it's too small for me, if not I'll return it to the charity shop. She took one look and said this old fashioned thing, then she looked in the bag, so I pointed out the skirt was mine.
    I was surprised she made the comment about the jumper, I would have thought she'd prefer me to look old fashioned and even tweedy ! She hasn't seen the dresses my counsellor sent yet ! Oh boy ! the comments are going to be interesting !