Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual personalities getting trashed

Dual personalities getting trashed

A newbe here explained they feel like two people.

The response from all the single personalities was amazing - but not in a good way
    Kind of like "don't be stupid, your only one person" "go see a therapist" " Get fixed"

Reminded me of all those people who thought the universe revolved around the planet Earth or that gravity doesn't exist because you can't touch it.

I do agree you can't hold a pint of gravity in your hand and
    I agree, we "multiples" have only one physical body.

It doesn't mean we need "fixing" and the way I see it, us "multiples" once we find balance, have more advantages.

So when someone says "dual spirited" or two people, please just listen and while your point of view is good for you, we are not all the same as you.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I like the option of having two if I need it.

Almost everyone who knows me says I have three, male me, female me and half and half me. I only see and know one ME

In the immortal words of Popeye, "A yam what I yam". We are who we are, no matter the exterior.

Banned Read only
    Rachel,
    I asked my counsellor to explain the long term dreams I was having from the age of 8 , she explained by saying the female side of my brain was trying to take control. My CDing started partly because I was playing out the dreams, as I've said before I knew nothing of sex or masturbation and yet my brain was putting me through this at such a young age.
    To me there are two people inside and it takes a long time to accept this and try and make them work together. It's one of the reasons why I find it hard to accept some people passing CDing off as a hobby. I posted a thread along these lines some time ago as I did one that said " It's more than CDing !" My wife now accepts that I'm part woman and even the label male lesbian , after I'd explained how my CDing started .

Banned Spammer
    Once I accepted that my female side has been there from a very early age it all made sense.
    I'm both and there is not much I can do about it other than deal with it.

I've accepted my femme side and to be honest, I don't mind that it's growing stronger every day.

As I tell everyone...
    I used to be Schizophrenic, but We're ok now...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am definitely a "multi"
    Lexi is one person , my male persona another , like 2 people sharing a car.
    Lol
    I like it that way it keeps everything nice and tidy. And separate just the way I like it. Ever since the SO found out a few years ago it kinda pushes the worlds together and I hate that. I take Lexi out when I want to and put her away when I want to. We only share 1 friend and I can't be Lexi in full around that person.
    Yeah 2 seperate people works for me

I'm only one person. When I'm in man mode I still want to wear female clothes. When I'm in girl mode - just the same. It's no different for me, I don't think differently depending on how I dress. It probably means I'm more of a girl though!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm wondering if I'm on a fools errand in trying to find a way to unite the male and female aspects I feel. It's been frustrating having to compartmentalize the two based on how I appear at any one time. I'm sure there isn't a logical reason I can't behave and react the same regardless of what I'm wearing, but I do. Those who know both versions of me agree there are differences and I honestly don't intentionally try to do anything differently, it just happens. So, my choice is integrate or accept and I'm still attempting to integrate, it just seems simpler in the long run, even though it's a struggle for now.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm with AnnaMarie on this. As I type, I feel way more girl than boy.

Can't say that I have a true dual personality. But I definitely feel I am dual gendered. There are times when either male or female is the driving force. There are times where both seem to be fighting for control. Sometimes it can be a weird but good feeling, other times very irritating and frustrating. Now, as a guy, and feeling more as such, not irritating at all. As a guy but not feeling as such, depending on the circumstance, it can be very frustrating to say the least. Most of us CDers have experienced this somewhat, somehow.

I do not have any real control over how I am going to feel gender wise at any given time. There are surrounding situations that do influence it a bit. Where I am, the company I am in etc etc. When I am with my kids, I rarely feel strongly feminine. I guess it is just the father in me and it influences me to just focus on being their father. If I am in a store that is more fem based or targeted, I am more likely to feel fem, but not always. Vice versa when it comes to more male targeted stores.

I do not have a separate name, or do my interests in anything change. No change of taste in music etc etc. At times though, I can see how a different persona could be a good thing. Separating the two gender sides... It could make it a bit easier. My wife says typically she can detect the difference when I seem to be more male or female oriented gender wise. I do become a bit easier going, more mellow. My mannerisms seem to kick in more. Although, they do not completely disappear if I seem to be in more of a masculine frame of being. And vice versa. I trend more fem, or more masculine. I do find that I am at most irritated when I seem to float between the two. Not always, but I sort of can feel lost?
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    I think this is of those deals where there is no right answer. We've seen that there is a lot of variance in how we feel regarding gender, what it does to us, how it plays out, how often, etc. To me, this seems entirely appropriate given the many ways in which we grow up, our home situations, our experiences growing up, etc. There are just too many variables to say that this is an A, B, C cookbookish kind of situation.

What seems to work for me is the viewpoint that my one personality manifests itself in slightly different ways depending upon how I am presenting. It doesn't feel like DeeAnn is a different person from Don. I think I would feel uncomfortable if it seemed different for me, but that has no bearing on how it might feel for someone else. The thing is, everyone must find their own road to town...

DeeAnn

I'm more like 2 sides of the same coin. The sides are different but they share the same core. But due to Klinefelter's I seem to have a fully developed male and female side to my brain and in fact finally accepting and letting my female side develop has eliminated the minor dissociative and depressive episodes I would sometimes have during times of stress.

I wouldn't challenge someone who claims two personalities. Nor do I challenge someone who says professional wrestling is real or has seen bigfoot.

There is a small brewery in Arkansas by the name of Gravity Brew Works, so you CAN hold a pint of gravity in your hand.

I think that when you do find a balance between your male and female sides you become more whole as a person and that it breaks you free of the mold that you are cast in. Being born a boy with a strong female side may not mean you ate your twin sister in the whom genetically everyone is a female as a fetus and stays that way for 6-8 weeks this is why we have nipples they are our only female attributes we inherit genetically until the Y chromosome starts to develop male characteristics. I have given quite alot of thought to this idea that maybe I have more female than male chromosomes but I'm not a scientist lol I may start a topic about this idea.

Banned Spammer
    I'm surprised the negative Nannies haven't jumped all over this thread.

I think it boils down to how a person copes with a need to crossdress.

If they can easily accept they are men who enjoy feeling feminine (or they are gender fluid), they'll tend to say they are always the same person, no matter how dressed. But if they cannot accept that it's OK for a guy to crossdress, then it might be easier to explain it as two different sides of a coin. It's a way to distance the desire to be feminine from their male selves.

Reine

I am just me ,took years to accept that i am 1 personality that can live 2 different lives .It is not perfect nor am i at the moment it works
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Me to Tracii,
    They certainly jumped over the newbe in another tread the other day, trying to "fix" the person who was expressing duality.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    A newbe here explained they feel like two people.

The response from all the single personalities was amazing - but not in a good way...
    What thread was that? I'd like to give the newbie some support. Please give a link.

Reality Check
    I would like to know how strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig can change a person's personality or likes and dislikes. As Helen posted, "We are who we are, no matter the exterior."

Banned Read only
    I wish you had posted a link to that thread. I've been here for a while and have espoused that feeling. I just wonder what the nay-sayers feel like when they slip into a bra, panty, girdle, panties, hosiery, heels, dress, makeup and a wig. Do they feel as if they are a woman? Do they feel exactly the same as the man they are before donning the female attire? I know there a few men who just feel more comfortable wearing women's attire..or so they say. Is that a defensive reason to explain an aberration to societal norms.

There is a reason I like to wear women's attire. Sometimes on this site I have stated what wearing women's attire does for me..how it makes me feel as opposed to when I am wearing my male clothes. Maybe I'm escaping from some demon. Just because YOU feel you're nothing more than a man in a dress does not mean some of us do not feel we are more. If you feel you're nothing more than a guy in a dress, please do not wear a bra unless you have man boobs.

And, I'll throw a clinker in here too. My wife believes there are some among us who may be showing the effect of "past lives." I threw that concept out many months ago and there were some who jumped on that like a buzzard on carrion. That seemed just as good an excuse as any other I've heard.

I think it's just a matter of semantics. Yes, when I get dressed I feel different but in the same way that standing on a hill and surveying beautiful scenery below brings elation. A clinical split personality is a completely different animal than what most here describe. I thinks it's just allowing repressed emotions to be free that can make you think that it is something distinct and separated from your 'regular' life.