Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual personalities getting trashed

Silver Member
    Is this the thread?
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...who-I-truly-am

I didn't get a feeling of trashing the OP, but that's just me. As far as two spirit goes, depends on how you define it. Is it a situation where the personalities are so different and pronounced that they are conflicting with one another, or causing harm to personal relationships, work situation ect.? Or is it more of a flavor of expression of one's self, induced by certain activities, much like allowing music or film to put you in the mood?

If you are talking about serious issues like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, or cognative dissonance, well then suggesting a therapist is probably a good idea. If your talking about two souls cohabitating one body, maybe they need an exorcist!

Bigenger is real. I can attest to that. My female side is dominant and strong but it coexists with my male feelings and ID. Together we are one and the whole is more than either ID alone. I have very strong female drive and ID. I have always felt like a girl. I would be a tomgirl is society was more enlightened and open. But there is a reality to duality and gender fluidity. So never let
    anyone else define you. Be you.
    Sarah

I have accepted my female side, after all these years she finally won the long battle and got out of the bottle and now I am more at peace with who I am, but even so, I realize that there are many struggles ahead of me as I do not have all the answers.

I find just being myself is just best for eveyone involved no matter what I wear or how I present.

I have a very good friend who was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder over 25 years ago (it was called Multiple Personality Disorder back then). This statement:

"We are who we are, no matter the exterior."

is very limited. My friend is definitely a "we", her alters are extremely different, and there is no sense of "we are who we are", but rather 'the body stays the same but the person inside it changes'. It is kind of like a multi-boot computer where the same hardware is used to run DOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android and iOS at different times. There is very little relationship between some of the operating systems except for the hardware they share, while others are pretty similar.

She's been my friend (many of her have been my friend, some not so much) for over 20 years. She is not a fraud; she is not acting and she wasn't convinced by her therapist that she has an imaginary condition.

I am the same person as 'him' or Deedee. I really like the term gurl, because it is a lot like me. First came the guy, then came the girl, and they are always together, always one, in roughly equal proportions. My friend(s) do not think of themselves as another aspect of her personality, they believe they are separate people.

DID is real, and it is virtually always born in trauma that the victim is unable to escape, and it is not something you can escape if you have it. It is on the far end of a spectrum of dissociative behaviors, and in my opinion, my dressing is also on that spectrum, though pretty far away from the DID end. I will always accept if someone tells me there are multiple personas housed in that person's single body - real acceptance which is very different from accepting someone who says that the moon is made of cheese, which is just a way of humoring that person.

Gosh and wowee, I didn't mean to say that much, but to me this is really an important topic, and an important aspect of why I believe we are all here. We are looking for acceptance and to me, that means giving the same acceptance I want to the rest of us. It hurts when somebody who is here, and clearly is looking for acceptance, makes fun of, or trashes, or tries to fix, someone else who is here for the same reason. It hurt me the first time, and I'll never forget it. How can someone expect something from me when that someone isn't willing to give that same thing back in return?

Sorry, I ramble. I wish you all a happy end of November weekend, and if you are celebrating a holiday during this time, happy holiday!

deedee signature.png
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

having been associated with a "multiple" I think what get's posted on these boards are more "I FEEL LIKE" instead of I am. Cognitively many "multiples" don't know about the "others" and frequently the other personality (ties) come out without warning and aren't controlled. That said, I was two different people in feeling.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In my belief and understanding of things I feel that I have one spirit which is a mix of both male and female energy, hence me being bi/dual gendered or androgynous. I feel that my consciousness IS my spirit and to have more than one spirit would be to have more than one consciousness. I think the modern First Nations term two spirited which has its roots from certain Native Nations didn't mean litterally two spirits but rather described the mix of both male and female within ones self or the complete opposite gender of ones body. With this said I totally respect other peoples views and interpretations for the most part and I respect an individuals right to describe and understand themselves how they wish.

Just to clarify, I do believe it is possible to have more than one spirit in a body such as some of the people with disassociative identity disorder as described below, particularly when there is more than one consciousness inhabiting a body.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jaz; 11-24-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Add on

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, , I just enjoy having the best of both worlds. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The "boy" and I are Siamese twins, joined at the soul. I respect him and he gives me space and the money to buy clothes, and shoes, and wigs and makeup and unties and hose and...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Knowing you have two spirits and having both work in harmony is very different than having a split personality where one does something and the other doesn't know it.
    I think people confuse spirit and personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I would like to know how strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig can change a person's personality or likes and dislikes. As Helen posted, "We are who we are, no matter the exterior."
    This is along the lines as an example, single personalities like to slip on a wig and pair of boobs and becomes "themselves".

A dual lives as both, regardless of the clothing, where switching can happen at any instant regardless of clothing.
    An example, during an armed bank robber, the single will probably lie on the floor and be a good girl, while the dual may switch in to "hero male" mode or being the compliant female. After the robbery, with one person injured, the dual may switch again to caring female along with the single soul female person.

So for Krisi and all the other singles to be enlightened.......
    Dual means we can swap personalities, likes, dislikes, etc, instantly, regardless as to how we dress (hopefully the wardrobe is close so we can adjust our clothes).
    It also means we often have a second opinion like as a Dad, we dislike our daughters new boyfriend, the female side of us will tell us to chill out.

I'm kinda blessed with a third, when he plays, others get hurt, and I can't control him and I have lots of trouble putting him back in the cage, but number 2 is cute, pretty and caring.
    For me, all 3 are in the bus, but I chose who gets the drivers seat (under normal situations)

Shrinks call them Sub-personalities and a psychic I meet calls it a split soul (not dual).
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 11-24-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Respectfully and curiously I ask who's "I"?

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Is this the thread?
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...who-I-truly-am

I didn't get a feeling of trashing the OP, but that's just me...
    No, it's not you. The OP wasn't trashed at all, and in fact has responded with thanks for those who offered their thoughts.

That is, if this is the thread in question. My question about that was ignored.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Rachel, you are - or you certainly appear to be - a happy, confident person who has successfully assimilated your two sides into a functioning whole. This is a cause for celebration.

The OP in the post I imagine you are referring to is very far from your happy state, was seeking advice, and struck me as being in considerable need of help. To advise a person in those circumstances to try to move towards a place of 'wholeness' rather than encouraging them into further personality disintegration seems wise.
    I used to have a short attention spa

These comments took me by surprised, when the OP just wanted someone to listen

"I think it's important to remember that you are not two people, but one, to become more of a whole person than a person of two opposing parts. It's a better long term strategy" -SAYS WHO?
    "However you are truly only one person trying to make sense of these feelings" -PROVE IT
    "I can only reiterate, you are not two people" - PROVE IT
    "I would also suggest finding a good gender therapist" - WHY
    "I don't think that we have different personalities. I think we have one personality" - NOT SO BAD, the word "I THINK" is good

I figured, since these people are single personalities, then it's correct IN THEIR WORLD,
    however I do not believe trying to convince a dual that they are single and their feeling of dual is incorrect or any way less valid is helpful, even if the OP enjoyed the discussion.

For me, I felt the OP was expressing themselves, rather than asking for help, advice or a fix.

Please remember - single personalities is not the "ONLY" possible combination

As for "further personality disintegration" - lets rename it - "ignoring your feelings"
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 11-25-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Rachel,

What you read and what others read in the OPs post are different things. You view/perception of what the OP was asking is not necessarily the correct view anymore than mine was. That is the purpose of this forum, a person throws out a question and they seek advice. Multiple people interpret and provided advice based on their experiences. Where you read "two spirited" I read "struggling" with identity. Nobody trashed the OP as that would imply denigrating the individual. Nobody said the OP was broken they merely recommended seeing a gender identity therapist if their is emotional turmoil which is sound advice. If the OP doesn't need he/she will disregard that is the nature of advice. You may be in a great place with the whole "two spirit" aspect of life but that is you and perhaps the OP is not there yet.

Cheers

Marcelle

'All Male' and 'All Female' are the 'poles' of personality. I believe there is plenty of room in the middle.

But I think that about sexuality as well, so there is that.

I'm have both, I feel both, I *am* both..

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

most of us, i expect, have been asked "got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning", or told "you're not yourself today".

every human being is a personal collective, operating mostly under the psychosis of "the individual", it's not binary, its not unitary.

in the last months/weeks, seems the genderfluid has come more out into this closet, and perhaps that worries someone with more fixed programming. overall on this forum i see more acceptance of diversity than the perceived intolerance of the wider world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Jamie hear reading all your reply's. I not hiding female side wont let me.

When I was younger, I was two separate people.

Some only knew Beverley and others I associated with knew the guy.

Occasionally the company would mix and concentration was needed to remember I did not know some of my friends.

A strange situation but always interesting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    When you were young? I was multiple when I was Two. 《Rimshot, crash》 Thank you thank you, I'll be here all night. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Platinum Member
    yes to two of us in here .... need to be fixed?/ we did that grew our hair down to our butt... and grew boobs ....

Marcelle
    I see what you mean about different people reading different things.

I still can not find a question mark
    I still can not see words "need advise" or "please help"
    or anything here the op wanted our opinion

I did see "sometimes I feel......." which to any true female, is not a request to be fix, call for help or advise, it's more "please listen, this is how I feel" statement and a call for an empathetic listener. (female 101 course)

So again, us Dual/Multi don't always want fixing any more than you want the magic pill

Sorry Jamie..... I just want the single souls out there to know, their perception is NOT the "ONLY REAL WAY".

As a footnote:
    my ex is telling my 12 yr old daughter I'll go to hell if I don't change my belief, so I don't take lightly when people try to "convert" me or others to THEIR belief system.
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 11-25-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Once again, respectfully, Rachel, to what thread are you referring? Please give a thread title or a link.

Threads would be very short around here if only OPs who specifically asked using a question mark allowed responses. So let's quit fighting over this. The OP posted, civil responses are allowed. Opinions are allowed and they are just that opinions. If we had the answers we wouldn't need this forum, yes? This thread has come down to semantics and interpretations. Discuss all you want but quit throwing rocks...get it? got it? good
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You had the right thread,
    and I'm fed up with this idea that everyone must be a single person, and if your not single, your just thinking crazy and "we" singles need to help fix you attitude.
    Singles, even think in this thread "put on a wig and change personality?" - which show total lack of understanding of how dual/multiple works.

I think I've read to much about "how everyone is just one person" BS over the years, and this thousandth one just peeved me off as wisdom from the uneducated.

Bored now, maybe it'll peeve me off again after another 1000 singles point out you can't be dual, and I'll bite and tell you singles to check your subscription to "The Flat Earth Society"

So AGAIN please stop trying to screw a dual/multi head by telling them "their wrong to think like that"

Off to talk to the open minded - Bye