Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: did anyone even bother CDing in the 80's 😲

Banned Read only

did anyone even bother CDing in the 80's 😲

I've been watching a lot of 80's videos lately and am I wrong or did EVERYONE look like a chic!? I'm not TG/CD...I'm a freaking 80's Rock Star !?

https://youtu.be/Hphwfq1wLJs

Now where did I put my keys to the time machine? 😳

Dustin Hoffman did...
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

LOL Where I lived nobody dressed like Rod Stewart in that video.

In 1977, on the way home from school, a girl asked me if I was a boy or a girl. Yep, trendsetter, that's me!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. In the late 90's. In my 50's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

70's you mean? check out "Mud" and "Sweet" - both bands have a crossdresser in the line up. xx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

The early 80s is when I finally came out of the crossdressing closet. 70s glam rock and crossdressing had much overlap and definitely influenced my style at the time.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 11-26-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Especially in the 80's. I was in my CD prime then.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Tom Hanks, Peter Scollari, and Me. Looks like I was in good crossdressing company.
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 11-26-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

This is when I first became serious about dressing. I purchased my very first long black full lace dress then. It was absolutely beautiful. Maybe the prettiest dress I've ever owned. With matching shawls in silver, gold and white. I wish I still had it. It went in my first purge. Along w/ some exquisite lingerie. And some other beautiful dresses and gowns. And hose and shoes. And make up.

I'm depressing myself thinking about it...oh my.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving,

Kate

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Ahhh...shoulder pads and stirrup pants...I miss the 80's! lol
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

OK! How about the late 1940's and 50's! Christene Jorgensen roamed the world then.

The 80's were just another decade, with different style clothing that I wore.
    Since I began in the 50's, rocked my long locks in the 60's and 70's, discoed through the 80's and made it through the 90's, the turn of the century and now the 2010's they all seem like just another change of clothes.
    Now I no longer worry about be "fashionable", I just wear MY clothes....bring on the 2020's.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    The 80's is when it all started for me, took me 25 years to refine my dressing and another 5 to figure out that I am a transgender person.
    Erica

My divorce took place in 1986, and the ex split with the clothes on her back...literally...

I was left with a WEALTH of clothing, including all of her sexy stuff, and she had tons. As she was a size 10-12, I could have worn most of it. However, my next-door neighbor was a horny creature who had eyes for me (I never acted upon it because she was married...longer story here), and she immediately suggested I have a yard sale and get rid of everything in order to pay the bills of being a (now) single parent. I sold damned near everything, but kept a couple blouses and a couple bras. Can you believe they STILL smell like her? I wish I'd kept a few more things, but I've more than made up for it with way too many purchases. I have no intention of ever purging, but I might have to sell down in order to empty out the two rooms stacked to the ceiling with clothes.

I had hair modeled after the "BeeGee's". Way past my ears and down on my shoulders. Blow dryer every time I'm out of the shower. I didn't stand out because everyone was doing the same thing.

I could blow my hair out and look pretty with my own hair. Wish I had that hair today.
    Live and let dress.

Like Sheila I had long hair, dressed up I looked like a thirty year old woman. Attractive to boot.

Was into lots of parties then as the rot had not set in and I still looked good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    The company I worked for in the 80's was pretty conservative, so long hair was not allowed. Drat.

But that did not stop me from starting to buy wigs and to dress. Some clothing could still be acceptable today!

I use the excuse of growing up in the 80's as a reason of my CDing lol..I absolutely love the fashon of that decade.

The shiny tracksuits/shellsuits from the late 80s were like a gateway drug to CDing for me. A girl in my class had a nice blue one and I used to fantasise about wearing it. The material looked lovely. Then my mom bought me one, pretty much the same color ( they were unisex ). Loved the glossy shine and often stared at myself in the mirror as I wore it. It had a satin look but not a satin feel, though - kind of disappointing.
    So I had to find something silkier... and next thing I knew I was getting my kicks from my mom's satin pjs and blouses.

1985 about a year after I graduated. I moved out on my own and started wearing only clothing meant for a woman.
    I'll be turning 50 next month, so it's been a very long time in those clothes and I've never looked back.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

The 80s were...interesting...for me.

I was supposed to have died in l980 of a heart condition, but somehow survived. Even my docs aren't sure why I made it. Soon thereafter I was married to the ex, an insatiable trailer park trash blonde. For the five plus years of my marriage, we did it 5-6,000 times. Non-stop. In all the years before and since, less than a hundred times. During those five years I was blatantly hetero. In the years before and since, I've been pretty much asexual leaning strongly on my feminine side. The music was pretty bad in the 80s, and the ex had MTV blaring 24/7. I really, really like the Big Hair aspect, and I really like that it was the last decade...at least the first half...of easy-to-treat if at all STDs.

Started my "going out" in the very early 80's.Didn't know about the term CDer or any other for that matter, I was so young. As I type this I have a sort of "big hair" thing going on, don't ask why. Than the big purge and deep denial for so long, until just recently coming to terms with my gender fluidity and once again enjoying my CDing, but that's a story for another time.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I too am gender fluid.

I have a vague recollection of trying on some of my mother's clothes a couple of times...nylons and high-heels specifically...but the first time I ever really dressed was in my ex's clothes after she split...and that was only a couple of times until around 2002, when I hit my first full-fledged CD moments, complete with nail polish and lipstick, etc. Then a few years off again, until about 2008 or so.

I first went out dressed in the late 60s. Loved the 60s look way more than I did the 80s.
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-26-2015 at 11:34 PM.