Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: did anyone even bother CDing in the 80's 😲

The 80's were OK. I could still somewhat pull off passing in the early part of the decade.

However, I have to agree with Karren. The 60's were a lot of fun. There was just something about wearing a long line bra, a panty girdle, nylons and a full length slip.

The tug of your garter tabs on the stocking tops as you walked was a constant reminder of what you had on. And the feel of the slip sliding over your butt and nylons cannot be described. It was really electric It was a fantastic time to crossdress.

Aspiring Member
    I confess to my older sister that I enjoy wearing her things in the early seventies, needless to say it didn't go over too well. She has threaten to tell our parents if I continue to wear her things, I slowed down but never really stopped. She did catch me a time or two wearing something of hers. Finally got the point of me figuring out my sizes in the J.C. Penny catalog and going out to purchase my own things.
    She has that mind set that what I do is wrong.

Had to reply to this. Yes I CD in the 80's. My wife and were just married. No kids yet. She worked as a secretary. Wore very nice clothes to work. Skirts, dresses, blouses. She know I would eventually get into them. And I did.

A lot of our friends were getting married also. We went to many weddings and of course she bought nice dresses to wear.. Several times she brought some home to try on knowing it would drive me crazy. I even got caught by her one time trying on a slinky green halter dress.

It was a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Remember that what you see in the entertainment world is mostly fiction. Even KISS took off their make up once they were out of the public eye.
    OMG- my 1st group. 1976 I was 11, or 12, member of the kiss army. Now- go figure, guys wearing spandex, 7" heels, red lipstick, nail polish....

Anywhoo, over the years, I have acquired wayyyy too much knowledge of said group. And, some of the earliest renditions of the group were this-

kiss_73_001_lg.jpg

Yeah, at 1st, they were doing drag, sorta. Of course, Paul Stanley has pretty much done it the entire time lol.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I did. That's when I started and did it as often as I could. It was 4 years of dressing, partying and fun.

That 80's where my adolescent years. My brothers where older my dad passed mid teens. My mom would go stay at my aunts house for long periods of time. I would have the house to myself. I would where all her clothes I could fit into. I loved the 80's looks for the girls when I was in school very jealous of them.

Yes leotards and hose for workouts.

70's 80's 90's and to present day .There was a lot of stuff women were wearing that has influenced my dressing though all those years and really im thankful for changing fashions it keeps it interesting
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I had to work in Germany in the late 80s-early 90s and that is when I started CD-ing in earnest. I was living alone for weeks on end in a big town where I wasn't known, but even there I only ventured out at night time, as I wouldn't ever 'pass' by daylight.

It was before the internet, but the mail order business was highly developed there and one could order off catalogues for home delivery, which allowed me accumulate my early CD stuff......wigs boobs & big shoes which I couldn't buy in bricks & mortar stores.

M.

The 80s were a time for all of my TG feelings to be placed in a great big freezer as my profession and young family took precedence (both were a source of joy and pride to me). It would not be until the mid 90s my inner women started to thaw and by the turn of the century it blossomed out as it is today.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Glam rock, hair bands, eyeliner, and spandex. It was definitely a decade for androgony. I recently saw a few 80's Bon Jovi videos and Jon looked just like a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The thing I remember most about the 80s was the aerobics craze... and LEOTARDS & TIGHTS! Ahh... those were good days indeed.

Lacy PJs

Hey don't forget leg warmers. yeah the 80's were strange and fun.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Let's see... I spent the 50's at the Hop. The 60's in the Army and discovering pot. The 70's coming to grips with being bi-sexual. The 80's going through a wardrobe crisis. The 90's and teens in a daze. And now, whatever this era is... wishing I had a bigger closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I first went out dressed in the late 60s. Loved the 60s look way more than I did the 80s.
    Same here except it was a bit earlier -the middle 60's- and I loved not only the look but the underwear/foundations of the 60's much better than the 80's, specially wearing real nylon stockings and either girdles or garter belts versus the itchy, yucky pantyhose of the 70's and 80's...long-line bras from Vassarette...sigh

Karren....we are dating ourselves!
    XOXO
    Last edited by Helen 2; 12-24-2015 at 10:58 AM.

I sure did but I wasn't out to my wife then.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    In 1977, on the way home from school, a girl asked me if I was a boy or a girl. Yep, trendsetter, that's me!
    That happened to me a few times as well Ah the days I could get away with no make up...
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

Banned Read only
    I Started dressing in my Mom's leotards in the 1980's!!! That was a GREAT time for fitness clothing!!

Geoff

Silver Member
    I have the 80's man perms to thank for my love of all the services women enjoy at the salon! it was my chance to sort of cross over without admitting or needing to explain it. I think the women's fashion of the 80's is easier to crossdress in. More figure forgiving?

Oh the 80's! Those were the years I really started to figure out how to put on makeup since putting it on thick was the norm. I was more slender as well. Then the 90"s came along. I finally walked into a lingerie shop and purchased butt & hip padded panties. I would wear my girlfriends dresses and skirts. She was a size 12 at the time. I thought i looked pretty damn sexy! Those decades were pretty influential for me. It was easy to pass back then.

I was in my teens, stealing my moms clothes to try on and wear!
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-16-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Prohibited content removed

I did. What is still surprising to me about that time is to think about how easily some of this stuff became mainstream. I didn't see it from an adult perspective, but to me it was a non event. Men getting perms. All ages, blue collar, white collar, short hair, long hair, jocks and nerds. Nobody batted an eyelash at a man getting a perm. Lots and lots of boys with feather hair and bangs. I rolled my hair, which was uncommon, but it seemed like all the boys had some kind of hairstyle that had to be "done" every day with at least a round brush and a hair dryer. Platform heels. On stage some of those guys were wearing 6" heels. On the street 3" and 4" were common. Tight bell bottoms with a high waist. Colorful and satiny shirts. I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot. Lots of things that would attract a lot of attention these days. And we think we're progressing!

The 80's ?- Oh yes. You could still buy garter belts and gartered stockings in just about any department store. And wonderful nylon hipster panties and Vanity Fair was Vanity Fair with a lot of pretty floral print panties. Yep.- good old days - and I could still find and wear a 36A bra too!

Absolutely!!!! Although it consisted mostly of my sisters closet! Thank god she was a diva back then! She got me started o the right path fashion wise and she doesn't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by donnaS View Post
    I was in my teens, stealing my moms clothes to try on and wear!
    My mother's pant suits had this delicious lining, and they seemed to go missing from time to time. Seemed like clothes were a higher quality back then, though maybe that's nostalgia. The colors certainly would perk me up.

Nowadays the best linings tend to be in black or red, not the bright colors of the 80's.

Luckily, Vanity Fair keeps making the panties (Personally Yours) I like best. I don't think they've changed their recipe since then.
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-16-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Previous quote edited