Thread: Painted toenails

Painted toenails

One of my favorite parts of dressing is painting my toenails, even though I'm not the best at it! I prefer a light pink or light blue. I love the way my toes look painted, especially with some cute flip flops. Since I'm not the best at painting my toes, I really want to go get them done and maybe get a mani pedi sometime, but I'd feel weird doing it without being dressed and I don't know if I'm comfortable enough to go out dressed in public yet. Thoughts/opinions?

"practice makes perfect". you can use one of those little sticks with a cotton wool bud on the end dipped into remover to tidy up afterwards by the way xx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Years ago I bit my toenails to the bone. Alas and alack I cannot now. My first move to GFirly was painting my toe nails 24/7.
    Even going to swimming pool!!

Now all my nails are painted even at the doctors. Red and Silver since you asked. xx

I had a pedi Friday. Having a problem with my leg, so went to E.R. yesterday. Only thing said was oh wow when I took my socks off. It's all up to you where to show those pretty toes off.

Aspiring Member
    Yes I agree their us a special satisfaction with having your toe nails done. Bright reds,light blues, soft pinks are my favorites

Pamela's right. Just keep practicing. Read up and watch youtube vids to see what you need to do to get good results.

On the other hand, I once had my legs waxed and it was lovely to have someone doing the work so I would imaging having your nails done would be just as nice. Best thing might be to ring the salon to see if they're ok doing a man's feet (just mention the word transgender if you need to). Chances are they would be fine as a customer is a customer.

Good luck.

Banned Read only
    I was a real hack at painting them as well. That is until I got a pedicure and watched how the girl did it. Now I can do it almost as good as she did.

When I went I just had on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a very unobtrusive bra underneath. I've found that nobody pays attention to jeans whatsoever. And the rest, as long as you don't call attention to it they seem to just ignore it. I know jeans and t-shirts aren't for everybody but you don't need to be dressed to the nines either.

If you end up calling for an appointment I wouldn't(and this is just my opinion) ask whether they are comfortable doing mens feet or bring up anything to do with being CD. They'll figure it's for a man when you give them your name. And believe me, more men go get mani-pedi's with/without color than you know.

A trick for cleaning up your toes after painting: Take a warm shower or wash your feet in warm water. A facecloth will pull all the excess paint off your skin without damaging the polish.

I wear painted toes every day. I love it! Currently I'm wearing a metallic lizard green on my fingers & toes.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

In the £1 shop today I was looking at little stickers you put on your nails but saw none I liked.

my toes are painted 24/7 and i love it. no ones said a word

I do not sweat it if I 'over paint" my nails onto the skin a bit. Just jump in the shower once they are dry and scrub your feet with a wash cloth and the excess polish comes right off leaving perfectly painted toes or finger nails.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I've been going to the same salon for several years for haircuts. My feet have always been dry and cracked, so my hair stylist recommended a pedicure. Well, it didn't take long for me to jump at that opportunity! It is a fun group where I go, lots of laughs every time. The girl that does pedicures is drop-dead gorgeous, and as friendly as can be. The first time, I chickened out on the color...even after she suggested it. The next time I went, I told her she could pick whatever color she wanted...well, the grin on her face said it all...she had a blast doing them...and I enjoyed it just a little bit! lol. Now, it's color every time; she picks 3 or 4, and I pick from them. There have often been other women in the pedi room; none have ever batted an eye, and I have had some really bright, neon colors applied! I do not dress outside the house, other than underdressing and women's jeans that look very similar to men's (just more stretch and comfort!). I am all guy when I am there. I leave in flip-flops to let them dry without damage. Next appointment is for Christmas toes!

Go to a salon you are comfortable with and have fun with it! Nervous and apprehensive is not really fun, and if everyone is speaking a foreign language that would make me a bit unsure. It's a secret women keep so they can get an appointment...if more men would try getting pedi's, the chairs would be full all the time!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Practice makes perfect. Eventually you will learn what polish and what way of doing them is easiest. Best thing about it is if you dont like how it looks, clean it off and do it again.
    Erica

I've had several pedis with my wife sitting next to me. Every time they ask if I want color I always chicken out n say maybe next time. I get home after and usually paint them in a red color. I'll get enough courage one of these days to get the color. I say also it just takes practice and some ninja skills to get all the toes painted without messing at least one up.... I've found they are really easy to clean though with a wood stick in polish remover. Will have to try the wash cloth one of these days as it sounds much easier.

My toes remain painted until I wear flip flops as a guy.

I make this a rare event, although in the summer at the beach it can be awkward.

Down at Key West once I was tagged for being gay when I forgot to remove it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Keep mine painted red all the time, I'm not too bad at it. I was wondering if I should take off the polish if/when I go to get a pedi? I just need to have the cuticles cleaned up a bit and maybe a professional shaping of them. I'll probably go in 50/50 mode.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I enjoy painting my nails... i have not considered getting a mani/pedicure done. But it sounds very appealing! I think if i were to do that, i might find a manicure place and talk to them ahead of time. Then later, go in with the best makeup and dressed as close to passing as i am capable of doing.

If i ever do it, i will share the experience.

I get a Pedi. once a month. The weather being unseasonably warm, tempted me to wear a pair of my fem. flip flops today ( Thanksgiving) Lady's Jeans, white sweat shirt, Flip Flops with my red painted toes was my dress for the entire day. When I stopped for gas a couple red necks made a comment about my "Hot Feet" as one of them said. I thanked them for the compliment and drove off.......

In the winter months I keep myself hairless and I've 24/7 Revlon Red toenails. It is a bit of a pain to get those pigglies right, but find THESE quiet helpful!
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

The moment I move is the moment I start painting my nails--at least my feet. My finger nails are way too short.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mine are always painted.
    Go get them done professionally if you want

Hi Robyn got me several pairs of toe seperators , makes walking kind of funny while toes dry.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

It's really a special kind of experience to get a pedi.

There's this one place I go to, sometimes in male mode and sometimes in female mode. I always get color, but I usually bring in my own bottle because I get overwhelmed with the huge selection at the salon.

Go for it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

A professional pedicure involves way more than painting the nails. There is a relaxing soak, then the tech will file down callouses and clean up cuticles and ingrown nails. There's usually a heavenly foot massage, and an exfolilating scrub and moisturizer on your feet and calves. The whole experience is relaxing and energizing, and good for you as well, especially if your feet and nails cause you any discomfort due to callouses, ingrown nails, poor circulation or other conditions. The polish is almost literally the icing on the cake. I strongly recommend you find a friendly salon for a full-service pedi -- then go back every month or so and do it again!

It's been almost 20 years since my toes have been without red polish. And I've never heard an unfavorable comment about them.

- Diane