Thread: I Just Want To Get Something Off My Chest

I Just Want To Get Something Off My Chest

Hello ladies, I just want to get a couple of things off of my chest.
    Some of you might know that at the moment i am currently unemployed and still living with my parents. I have been feeling a little down the last day and a half because I have been wanting to be in girl mode all the time. I have next to no clothes and 0 makeup, I really want to get a few items but with having no income I simply cannot. It's frustrating because i want to experience this side of me so much. Thank you for reading and if you have any advice it will be a great help.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

I would do the rounds of the Oxfam shops.

That would be a good start for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you Beverley
    Ellie May 😘

I've been living with my folks, too, and I'm moving in June (that day might be moved up sooner but from a financial perspective, I feel like I'll have enough money). They are still in that denial stage about me being CD or trans (I feel more trans than CD). I'm waiting on my Hanes order to arrive so that I can start feeling more like myself.

I don't know if you are seeing a therapist or not but with wanting to be in girl mode all the time, it sounds like you could be similar to me. The moment I move out, I'm going to live as Danielle 24/7 and most likely come out as trans and start the process.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

My parents dont know that i do this and im not sure if i do need therapy or not but I know Iam more cd than trans. Like you when I move out i will probably be Charlotte 24/7 because i will have the freedom to do so and no worries of getting caught. Jobs around my area are so hard to get because its either want an experienced person or a job that is just something i will never want to do. Most jobs are teaching, care homes, or lorry driving, the rest are jobs that Im interested in but there aren't many. As soon as i get one i will be looking at renting a house in one of the near by places to the job. From there on i will be able to finally experience Charlotte in all of her glory!
    Thanks or reading through I appreciate it.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

I think that second-hand shops would be a good, cheap source of clothing.. The other thing you could do is under-dress. Panties, hose, maybe a sports bra.

/hugs

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Thanks, i underdress most days. i will have to check out some sports bras on the Internet.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Aspiring Member
    Hi Charlotte,

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    I think that second-hand shops would be a good, cheap source of clothing..
    There's this for the aspect of getting the clothing. A gratification that perhaps you may end up needing to delay, unfortunately; if you get the clothes while still with your parents, and they find out, how will they react? Only you know best if it's safe for you to let them know about Charlotte, or whether they deserve to know. Especially so since you wish to be Charlotte full-time.

Nonetheless I wish you only good things ahead.

I don't think i will be able to tell them for a long while yet. I hope things go well for you too.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

It is very tough when the "pink cloud" is hitting you hard and there is nothing that you can do about it. I have been there before, I understand. I wish you all the best.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Thank you Bree. I've just got to push forward.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u wish to dress 24/7 u don't sound like any CD's I know, Jono! U may want to rethink your, "Not a trans", comment. But, maybe u simply think u want that because u cant have it now?

Bev, what the heck is Oxfam?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-27-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, Charlotte. At your age it would be highly advisable to seek out getting into a trade guild or union of some kind. I've benefitted from a lifetime of income from a valuable trade skill that the education was free, mostly. And, I'm sure you are wanting to dress up all the time. That's natural.
    Good luck!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I understand what you are saying. Its all still a little confusing at times but later on it might all become clearer.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks carla. I left college in February, i was doing a brick laying course but it didn't work out. The year before that i was doing a public services course because i wanted to join the police force as a dog handler. At the moment I don't know what career path I want to go down so im looking for a general job to see where it takes me. I will look into trade unions.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Djono, I'm not familiar with the higher education in England but if you've finished high school and can't get a job I would try to get at some college. Someone in a earlier post suggested thrift store for clothes. I have CD friends that shop exclusively at thrift stores and they look nice. If you work at it you can find very nice things for a reasonable price. Make-up is something personal and should be purchased new. For me, I'd never use make-up that someone else has used.
    Vivian

Over here we have secondary school (11-16), college for 2/3 years then university. I left half way through my second year in February. I understand about getting makeup new. I wouldn't be happy to use second hand makeup.
    Ellie May 😘

Banned Read only
    One should take pride in doing ANY legal work for pay. It is not the job but how one does that job. Working is better than not working, period.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If you pursue the continued education route, be prepared to rack up unnecessary debt. See if the educational institutions will guarantee your income after completing their program. Everything you put your time and effort into has to have a return on investment. In the US, there's a growing backlash to the formal education system due to unemployable graduates mired in insurmountable debt load and useless degrees. I'm with Jenny on this one. Get The Money! My daughter has a four year degree (useless) and zero debt because of the lucrativity of my trade skill. And I live fairly well, myself. You are at a wonderful age to make prudent, responsible decisions. Many of us here would love to reset back to that starting point. Someday, you will be the elder victim of the choices you made in your ill spent youth.

Good luck to you.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hell-o Cbarlotte,
    Getting the job you want isn't always possible, and passing on another job while waiting for the desired job to come along
    isn't doing yourself any favors.
    It's easier to get hired for a job if you already have one.
    Employers will like to see that you are willing to work.
    Being unemployed, sitting at home, is certain to raise some red flags.
    So give that "less desirable" job a go, it doesn't have to be permanent,
    and it can help build your resume.

Better yet you'll have some money to spend on some of those things
    that you might be missing.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    If you pursue the continued education route, be prepared to rack up unnecessary debt...Everything you put your time and effort into has to have a return on investment. In the US, there's a growing backlash to the formal education system due to unemployable graduates mired in insurmountable debt load and useless degrees...
    Mmm, sounds like the UK. Not everything requires a degree and quite honestly, the number of futile courses these establishments kick out, is unbelievable.

However, back to the thread. I wandered in and out of jobs in my younger years. I know the pain of looking for a nice job from a humble background, so I'm not here to lecture. It was when I joined the RAF at 21 that my life changed. I'm not suggesting joining up at all, but it worked for me. I don't think Carla meant Trades Unions in the Brit sense either, more Trade Associations? As others have said, get a job, any job and stay with it. You get money whilst doing it, pride seriously has a worth beyond money and an employed guy is an employable prospect. Plus make up from Superdrug etc is cheap and pretty good, I use them all the time. I can afford MAC et al but I don't. Brushes are cheap too.

As a Brit who hated school, here is my advise though. Didn't think you were getting away with it did you? Have a serious think about what you want to do or would like to do and see what free or cheap resources are available. I wanted to get into computer programming in the late 90s. I found out what the £3000 - £6000 courses were teaching, found the same info in books and on disc at a fraction of the price and started practicing at home on a single PC. I got a job in Gloucester within the year as a COBOL trainee. The old fashioned, not so digital library (or Information Resource Centre these days sheesh!) is a great place to look and seek advice. They loan books and stuff for diddly squat...what more could a willing mind want.

My parents would have been a bloody disaster as far as support goes, so don't reveal unless you have to, without the luxury of an alternative place to live. My parents rejected my son when he came out aged 16, lord knows what they would have made of me. Wasters is the best description I can give of them on here.

SHERRY - Oxfam is a charity shop chain in UK. The people that work there do so for free, the top people sponge off of it...allegedly!

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 11-28-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Thanks for the advice Becky I appreciate it. My dad did an open university course a few years ago so i will have a look to see if there is anything for me.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘