Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GG's asking where you got an article of clothing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

GG's asking where you got an article of clothing.

I was out in 50/50 mode today as usual but had on a pair of dark indigo girls jeans with pretty stitching with small jewels as embellishment.
    A purple button up blouse a white belt and suede ankle boots.
    I was walking in the store to pay for my gas and past a Mom and her 20 something Daughter and the Mom said wow her outfit is really cute.
    The Daughter said well why don't you ask him where he got the outfit?
    Mom said that was a lady not a man,the Daughter said no Mom that was a guy but I love the outfit too so let me ask him.
    The Mom said OMG no I couldn't do that. The Daughter said Oh Mom some guys wear girls clothes and its OK really.
    So while waiting in line the Daughter approached me and said my Mom and I love your outfit so if you don't mind can I ask where you got it?
    I told her where I purchased the jeans and the top and she said thank you soo much and don't mind my Mom she is an old fogey.LOL
    She patted me on the arm and said you look great and went back to stand with her Mom.
    So dress in what you like not what society says you should and maybe you will get asked by a GG where you bought something.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-27-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Hi Tracey,

This is maybe proof that we have maybe done a good job raising our Kids and Grandkids to be more tolerant, more accepting, and more curious
    about things and people outside of immediate circle. Maybe there is hope yet.

Marguarite, a geek from the 60's

That is great! Us younger generations are open minded about a lot of things. I think its why i have accepted myself so early in life.
    Ellie May 😘

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow Traci can't ever imagine that happening but way cool for you

That's great that the younger generation is becoming more open minded and tolerant.
    I give a lot of the credit for her being so open minded to her parents for being a good role models.
    Their is hope yet for this society.

I'll be the first to admit that the younger generation is accepting of about anything. Some things about this aspect is good and some things worry me as many are easily influenced and not thinkers on their own. I am glad though that many are accepting of the person and not the sex or belief of a person. If only the whole world could have the acceptance of youth. Thinking back I grew up in the sixties and can honestly say we were very accepting but had our moments of protest.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I get asked this about once each time I am OUT. But it may be because I buy in the resale shops, and since the things I buy are not currently available in the chain stores, I tend to buy "interesting" pieces, and maybe because I am doing a lot of alterations, the GGs are seeing something they have not found. I am also changing the colors of my shoes, purses, boots, and hats to all be matching. So I can put together a very color coordinated outfit with accessories that all match and contrast nicely with the dress. I have found a way to use ribbon to make pumps look like Mary Janes or laces that wrap around the ankles and tie. That gets a lot of questions too. I also get questions about the jewelry because I am modifying the jewelry to get matching earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and ankle bracelets. I buy two really cheap necklaces and take hem apart to make a set.
    Part of the fun for me is the assembling of my outfits.

This is SUCH FUN!

Wow, nice incident! Thank you for sharing.

My clothes don't seem to attract that much attention, but at least once a week, somebody sees my hands and I get to tell them about my amazing nail technician. I keep a supply of her business cards with me now to hand out to people.

- Diane

Banned Spammer
    Its the little things like this that give me hope for those that come out as trans after us.
    I try to be nice when things like this happen and maybe change a few minds along the way so they can lose the stereotype image they may have.
    If it weren't for her Daughter maybe this Mom had the wrong idea about trans people who knows.

like i said about you yesterday in another thread...
    SO COOL AND FEARLESS!!
    paula

Banned Spammer
    I wouldn't call it fearless Paula LOL
    I would rather be happy being me than worrying about people that just don't get it.

Thanks for sharing Tracii, I really enjoyed your story.

Karen

Great story! But I'm still left wondering, where did you get those great jeans and what brand/style are they?

Banned Spammer
    I got the top at Forever 21 and the jeans at Gabriel's. The brand of jeans are Earl Jeans.
    I have a pic of me wearing the jeans somewhere on my PC I just have to find it.

Very nice Tracii. Never had that happen yet, but it shows that the young are far more tolerant that the older folks. But I have been out there and maybe it will happen some day.
    Billie, that is your fashion and I'm sure that many women don't even go that far and they probably ask you with appreciation. You my even change their outlook and they may try to emulate you.
    Part Time Girl

lovely story, Tracii G, that is "owning it" :-))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow, that's an awesome story. Maybe, just maybe, the world is beginning to change. I especially like the comment: "Oh Mom, some guys wear girls clothes and its OK really." That's a great attitude!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Spammer
    I agree Rachel.

I had a similar experience in Hawaii some years ago.

three girls at a concession stand at Pearl Harbor quizzed me on my appearance and my jeans, they thought I looked cool and thought more men should use a bit more flair in dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is so sweet, it is really nice to hear things like that.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

The fact that younger generations appear more open-minded may sure as well be a sign that things are changing for us.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Tracii

I think this is the most affirmative conversation with non-trans people ever posted on this site.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    I don't know about that but I wanted to share it because it was a positive encounter.

I had an experience like that a ways back at a Tokyo Joes. I had been visiting a gender identity center that night and I was dressed in guys pants, women's sneakers, a blouse with forms (hidden under my coat in the restaurant) and my nails were painted (I believe they were silver that night). The entire time I'm in line, I'm freaking out because I'm out in the public. (No one gave me a second glance).

When I get up to the counter, I make my order and hand the cashier my card. She smiles and remarks, "I love your nails! What brand is that, and where can I get some?" I smile back and tell her before taking a seat and relaxing a bit. She really made my night, whether she realized it or not.