Thread: Traditional Housewife

Traditional Housewife

To all CDs here...if given a role of the traditional Indian house wife ,how many will take it up? which means ?
    1)you will be a bride
    2) you will be going through all which a traditional wife will go through
    3)you will be treated like the same your wife is getting treated .
    4) you will be a house wife doing house chores and respecting and doing services to your MIL/FIL ...taking care of children,girls gossips in kitchen. etc etc.....
    If you CDs are married ...think about you are now a wife to a man .

so you girls will you take it up?can you think from their position? and what if your son/daughter seeing you as a wife of your new husband??!!!!.....just a plan and straight answers are expected!!!!

I view myself as more wife material than husband material as it is...to a GG of course. But I want to have a job outside the home, too.
    Last edited by MissDanielle; 11-29-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    No. Plain and simple.

I would pass, to many options exist for both sides to be locked into one.

In my mind being a traditional housewife would be boring I think. I prefer working outside the home. Nothing wrong for a being a traditional wife just not for me.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    can I be a rich snobby desperate housewife???, with nothing to do but go on vacations and totally ruin a great vacation with cat fighst with the other desperate housewives of new york city? oh....wait straight answers........
    i kinda lived that life for a while when I was dating one guy in particular....I couldnt cook, but I can order takeout with the best of them. And my man would come home to me in nothing but Lingerie , a fur coat, heels, and a glass of Gentleman's Jack waiting for him. Aww I miss that now...that was my last serious boyfriend.

Having been raised essentially as someone's girlfriend, it would have been very easy to just step into the role of a wife. Problem was, I'd become very distrustful of males, didn't enjoy male/male sex, and find male bodies disgusting. So being a guy's wife wasn't in the cards at all. Which made for a very confused life indeed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Junemay,
    I wouldn't be traditional housewife because I don't want a male partner, I would be happy being accepted by a female to live as her partner . I more or less do that now apart from wife doesn't want a female partner, as it turns out she's always had one part time for forty years !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Nope. Underlying in your list is a whole world of what I wouldn't be doing. Too much of a free spirit, here.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I think I will stay as I am, boring? No.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sorry JuneMay,

The traditional housewife role in the UK disappeared years ago for most. My wife earns more than I do, so I'd be happy to swap, if she could put up with me dressed most days en femme. In fact when do I start? No problems with MIL/FIL as they are no longer with us and our children grew up years ago. Sounds like a life of luxury for me then?

As with others, I don't care for men at all, strictly women...I mean woman.

The traditional role of a wife in India is not something that many on here would wish to contemplate or even have knowledge of, on a first-hand basis. But given that choice for me, then...NO!

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by junemay View Post
    To all CDs here...if given a role of the traditional Indian house wife ,how many will take it up? which means ?
    Junemay, your question is somewhat confusing and insulting in so many ways.

If I were born a woman in to the "indian house wife" role you describe would I subjugate to the societal norms.. Well probably. But then having said that no cross dresser or trans-person on this site is likely to be a happy trans Indian house wife. So you could have just posted "Hey.. any Indian CD'ers here?"

So I ask - because you did not preface it as such - how hypothetical is this question?

For me in my life, men / women stereotypical roles are so blurred, and for the good of all. If I had a 'wife' who earned more then me then I would be happy to do all the cleaning. As it is I have no wife so.. must do all the cleaning my self.

Debs.

I love the idea, in theory, as I like a masculine take charge kind of guy but being a stay at home wife would bore me to tears ultimately. I guess, even though I like my man to be in charge I still need my independence.

Just curious, are you speaking of a Native American wife or a wife from India. I can't speak too much about the latter, but as far as Native American women, they were hardly the stereotypical housewives at the mercy of thier husbands. Women were highly regarded in First Nations cultures and although they did often do some of the stereotypical tasks, they also knew how to hunt and fish, flint knap, make and use tools etc. Some professions and roles were often gender defined however this was not exclusive, depending on your personality and skills some women would be canoe builders and do other things dominated by men and vise versa. The eldest woman of the family was the head of the family in my nation, not the eldest man. Women owned the food, even if a man just hunted a deer, the moment he brought it home his wife owned it. Owning the food meant owning/ruling the economy. This essentially gave women veto power. Even if the male dominated political leadership were considering going to war, thay would have to make thier case to the women to seek provisions. If the women felt there was a valid threat they could provide what was needed, however if they felt it was ego or otherwise not neccesary then they might decide to give them a granola bar. Also regarding household tasks, men knew how to cook and clean and take care of themselves and women were respected, not belittled for the roles they played. Relationships were partnerships even when there was polygamy, and polygamy could go both ways. Men were not the head of relationships. Parenting was done equally by men and women and parents were only responsible to provide love and shelter and some of the teaching. Disapline and further teaching was provided by aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Im not sure if traditional Indian housewife is a just a saying perhaps used in the states or where it even comes from or if thats even what you meant but I thought I may as well offer some insight and perhaps dispel some negative stereotypes. My gf is not a lesbian or bi but she knows Im tg so will have a mix of husband and wife, lucky for me she thinks Im a great guy.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jaz; 11-30-2015 at 01:42 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'm a liberated American woman - there's no freaking way I'd do that. It's not that I feel it's an invalid choice to someone who wants it. If that's how a woman chooses to live, more power to her. (As long as she isn't coerced into that role - coercion being unfortunately all too common for many "traditional" women's roles.)

I do know people who would enjoy a situation like that and be comfortable in it. But it's not for me.

I like the view of male and female roles and social structures that jasminepp related about Native American cultures. I like them a lot.

I am not attracted to men, sorry. I like slightly butch women, truth be told, in particular the one I am married to. That said, I think being a cute little housewife would be fun for about two weeks (can you tell I am badly in need of a vacation??) and then I would get pretty bored with it.

As far as that traditional Indian thing? I don't know anything about it. My wife is Filipino, and the Philippines is a matriarchal society, meaning the women handle the money and make all the major household decisions, and I am just fine with that.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Is there such a thing any more as a "traditional housewife"? I doubt it. In many families both husband and wife work and have mutural respect for one another. Even if the woman of the partnership opts to stay home with the children, she wears a lot of "hats" these days and a successful woman is a real multi-tasker. In any case I prefer the title home maker vs house wife.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nope, and I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]