Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there's something that would make you stop dressing?

Banned Read only

Do you think there's something that would make you stop dressing?

Not someone but something.

For me, there are three things that would make me stop:

1: I lose too much hair. Either just on top or going completely bald. I won't wear a wig.

2: I become fat. If my gut starts to hang so low or gets so large I can't see my feet.

3: I can't dress myself the way I like. If I have to trade in my short shorts and mini skirts for slacks and pant suits I might as well wear jorts.

It may sound vain but that's the way it is.

So what about you?

Banned Read only
    I'd say if I stopped looking (and subsequently feeling) like a woman I'd probably purge - been there, done that over 20 yrs ago 😕

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    YES ! If I woke up tomorrow as a WOMEN I would never wear MEN'S clothing again,,,
    (((( HUGGS ))))
    JoanAz

I'm with Joan. The moment I move, I am never wearing men's clothing ever again. Well, I may wear my sports shirts until I get the women's versions of them. But yeah, never wearing men's underwear or boxers ever again.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

I haven't dressed in years, given that I have to pretend to be the ultra-male at my job.

Probably the only thing would be a transition or death. I can control the rest of the outside influences. Fat? Exercise. Bald? Scarf. No ability to dress inappropriately? Don't care.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Hmmmmm. Death , or move to a nudist colony, which ever comes first.

Getting caught and humiliated, stopped me for a while

There is no stopping it. If there was, I would have stopped by now.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I could never stop completely. Being transgender has always been a roller-coaster for me. Sometime I have temporarily stopped but it's always short lived.
    Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

I don't think I'll ever completely stop.

Banned Read only
    Laurana,
    Only one thing , if my wife purged all my things !

I accept a wig, my hair just refuses to grow where I want it, it's no use on my back, legs and chest !
    I will admit not being able to go to the stores and pick a size 12 would be upsetting, no way will I let a gut form !
    I have one pair of female trousers , sent to me by counsellor, they fit great and are definitely female because they have three buttons and side zip and no fly !

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    being broke..........its my biggest fear.......its happened before....lost my car...it died, then my job cause I lost my car, then my apt cause I lost my job...still havent fully recovered....but made enough progress to get back in the game .....thats the only thing......

Let's see; a massive stroke might do it. Or maybe losing both arms. But that's about it. Of course, like Louis CK, if you told me that the next time I wore female clothing I would be executed, that would do it too. We do what we have to, to survive.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferpl View Post
    There is no stopping it. If there was, I would have stopped by now.
    Yep, that sums it up for me, too.

If it were possible for me to stop, I know my life would be simpler and my marriage would be better. But as hard as might try to stop, that usually makes the urge even stronger
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Death may stop my dressing, though my SO says she is going to bury me in a Versace gown she spied at a shop in Las Vegas. For now, however, there is no stopping. And like most, I have tried and tried and tried. My girth and hairline are hereditary, requiring me to bypass the Juniors section in favor of Plus sizes… and wigs are now required (which has some advantages). I’ve gotten use to it.

Only the day I turn up my toes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    The only thing that would stop me is death. I even have my outfit and lingerie and shoes picked out. Sounds morbid but thats the way it is

Maybe some serious medical issues that would the actual act of dressing as a woman very difficult if not impossible without third party support. I hope that day never comes, because it would also affect my male life too.

In short, no, not really. I've had patches between dressing up and not being able to but I've always come back to it. Its part of who I am.

Aly
    Getting to know myself in a dress and heels again!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    My Dad kind of jolted me during my last visit... stating I need to get a will put together sooner than later.

He is probably right, even though he has no idea that I dress.

Perhaps I will be able to wander off into the Tundra or step off a cliff in the US Southwest when I so choose.... dressed to the max, of course!

I guess death. Everything else has failed. Jeez all the useless purges. I just want to focus on positive aspects of this before my time on this earth is done. I only have one chance at this life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm 70+ yet Sherry has a figure to die for!

So, eventually I probably will!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not as long as there's sexy dresses, skirts, heels, bras, panties, garters/stockings, lingerie, makeup etc.

My vote is for Death. That will definitely end it for me.
    Other than that maybe ending up in a wheel chair and unable to dress myself. That part depends on who is dressing me of course and how understanding they are.
    the last I can come up with is Alzheimer's. I might not be able to remember where my male clothes are....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !