Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think there's something that would make you stop dressing?

World War three, or another civil war would do it for me.

Aspiring Member
    Only things that would put it beyond my control. Death, long-term incarceration, dementia. I'm so far beyond the urge to purge that it's not even in my visible universe. Wigs are tolerable (I get by with a clip-in topper hairpiece over my thin top; the rest is coming up on six years' growth with only two minor trims for split ends). I've never had issues with controlling my weight. Aging happens, but one can slow its effects with more attention to detail with moisturizers and grooming, not to mention simply accepting that it's a part of a normal life that none of us can change.

I suppose something like a fascist overthrow of the current legal and social environment could put an end to public appearance (or private, if they come after memberships like ours here), but, absent that kind of drastic upheaval, nothing.

I have tried to stop so many times I finally come to the cold hard truth I can't with out going crazy so only when I pass on

impossible
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If WWIII started I would saddle up lock and load oh and be sure to take my make up bag with me.
    So the answer is no why would I stop?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-03-2015 at 08:35 PM.

I dressed a lot in college. After college I gradually threw out or donated most of my clothes. My party girl days were over. I got married, bought a house, had kids and worked my ass off. Years later I'm clicking around on the TV and came upon a drag queen show. My wife commented, "remember when you used to do that?" Was I doing "drag"? Cross dressing? I don't know. Never thought it through that much. I just wanted to show off my legs in pantyhose and party.

I went out and bought a couple of dresses, a few pairs of shoes, a few wigs, some makeup and dressed up for her. The makeup attempt was a disaster just like it used to be. I was surprised at how I could slip on the heels and walk in them like I never stopped wearing them. It felt really good to be dressed again. She got a kick out of it. So I began dressing again.

What made me stop is life went in different directions where dressing was not a priority or possibility. I might stop again if circumstances change again but for now, I'm looking to step it up and have fun with it.

Yes there is it called DEATH.

Aspiring Member
    Thus far I have only ever considered myself to have paused at my own command - to say "I decide not to dress". As for stopping proper - never revisiting dressing ever - nope. Not at all. Can't stop won't stop.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 12-03-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: precision of language

I honestly think that if I had a wife that I loved I would quit. Not saying that having a wife and CDing is bad but I dont think that I would be able to do it being the type of person that I am.

my death

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Phose View Post
    I dressed a lot in college. After college I gradually threw out or donated most of my clothes. My party girl days were over. I got married, bought a house, had kids and worked my ass off. Years later I'm clicking around on the TV and came upon a drag queen show. My wife commented, "remember when you used to do that?" Was I doing "drag"? Cross dressing? I don't know. Never thought it through that much. I just wanted to show off my legs in pantyhose and party.
    You sound like my kind of gurl! I did the same thing in college and had blast doing it.
    Kate

Reality Check
    If it came to a choice between my marriage and dressing, I would stop. Other things would be; loosing interest, a serious illness or health problem, (as someone mentioned) incarceration, having my children move in with me (not likely, they are doing well and have their own families), and other unforeseen circumstances. Never say never.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position to occasionally take long trips away from home. Usually a month or even two. I do not take female stuff with me (except for my panties) and do not "dress" the entire time. I have other tings to do. Crossdressing does not control my life, I do.

Banned Read only
    I have seen women who are bald due to cancer/chemo treatments.

I have seen many very attractive women who are a little overweight.

I have seen many women who are "mature" wearing mini skirts and generally have a look that is better suited for teenagers and young adults.

With advancing age also comes wisdom, hopefully. Are you vain? No, you just have to accept the fact that some things are within your control. Others are not.

Is there something that would stop me dead in my tracks from dressing? Not yet. Yes, there have been short term breaks as in military service. No boutiques in the jungles of Southeast Asia. I cannot predict the future. Maybe there is. Time will tell.

Aspiring Member
    Technically, I don't think its possible to completely stop.

When I was about 5 years old I was dressed and humiliated terribly. It made me stop for a little while, and then continue in secret.

When I became a born-again Christian, it make me stop for about a year.

When I started having children, I tried to stop permanently, and I did a good job of that for years. However it still creeps back in.

BTW: I am growning bald, overweight, and cannot pass as a female, but that doesn't stop me.

Ummm ... I think it would be called comatosis....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

OK I'm not perfect and I'm not the prettiest as for that I may not even be in the pretty category but I can say this. Dressing once you have found it and have dressed often and enjoy yourself you can never quit .Well not in the sense of the brain you will always have that in the back of your mind. you may pause it for a time but it never truly leaves you .As for world war 3 you will find me in a dress and combat boots packing a weapon and I don't mean the one in my panties either.. lol be more like a lora croft from tomb raiders..lol just embrace it and live your life the best you can. I will never beable to stop and believe me I have tried..

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There is nothing that could put the mental genie back into the bottle. Tina exists permanently as a part of who I am.

On the other side, how much of my life is spent transformed to Tina can be affect by life. We are in a bit of a drought of Tina time at the moment because of current life conditions, but that won't last forever.

So, Tina is with me every day, and only a completely debilitating illness would keep her from surfacing permanently.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Either death or an evil mistress that kept me chained up naked in the garage.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I agree with many previous statements Only when I am no longer breathing. Margaret is the part of me that makes me feel whole. I am only
    truly happy when I am Margaret which is more and more often these days

No I dont think there is I have put it off for so long watching my children grow 2 marriages and a longterm girlfriend now I get to dress at will its mine its here and its here to stay my next relationship will accept me dressed or I will die alone dressed as sexy as can be
    Miranda

Like many have said.. only extremely serious catastrophic situations could stop me: death, war, living in a country where they execute you for being LGBTQ, asteroids in a world without Bruce Willis, gamma ray bursts close to Earth, locally created black holes, etc.

All the other things... relationships, friends or family who are crashing at my place for more than a couple of weeks: I will not stop doing what I do. I will tell them.. and then it's up to them.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/