Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 words no cd ever wants to hear..

4 words no cd ever wants to hear..

This past summer I had a bad experience that wiped years of confidence from my life. I had walked over to a young cd in club restroom and said "Hi Honey, how are you" and she replied with four words nobody ever wants to hear… "go away old man." I cried myself to sleep that night and haven’t been able to shake it off since. Without go into too many details, I know she was a cd, I’ve seen her before and others filled me in on details about her. It’s my nature to take the high road, walk away and pretend it didn’t bother me but the little brat wounded me. Does anybody think I’m overreacting?
    Kate

Welcome to the 'old guys' club. We usually don't know we've had our membership card sent to us until we're already a member! I think mine got lost in the mail; it was one day when I was talking to a woman in a bar and she told me (assuming it was a compliment) that I reminded her of her grandfather. Now, I was at the point where I'd become used to being told I was 'like a father' to a few women, but the grandfather comment really shook me up. REALLY shook me up. That, and realizing that I now qualify for senior citizen discounts in some places. Mailed away for my AARP card. And realized that I'm now the driver in the left lane, in a Caddy, wearing a hat. Ohhhhhh, crap. Yup, I'm old. And apparently, so are you! It's just about moving from one phase of life to another. Youth doesn't last forever. But remember, just because you're now 'mature' doesn't mean you have to act that way! Enjoy your second childhood!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Agreed. I wouldn't like hearing those four while in male mode (95% of the time) let alone while en femme. But the reality is I am a part of that club.

Gosh, let it go. Don't give it another thought, and certainly don't allow some snot-nosed diva wanna-be to affect YOUR life in any way. The world is full of unfriendly people...move on.

Just wondering though, were you in female or male mode?
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Mailed away for my AARP card.
    Got my AARP card, and my flu shot too
    I think what bothered me the most was being called a man by another cd. Hurts. Disrespectful little brat. I feel better just writing this post, sometimes I just need to vent to the right people and get off your chest.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    Just wondering though, were you in female or male mode?
    I was in female mode at a local gay bar on drag night.
    Kate

Kids these days! No respect.

I can understand that the comment hurt you, but ... dont let it ruin your day. Sounds like you have let this simmer for far too long if it happened this past summer. Where I am located, there is snow on the ground and summer is a fading memory ... just like my youth!

I remember when I was in my teens, looking at what I perceived to be the "old folks" around me and thinking: My lord they are old! They have no idea about anything! Life is clearly over when you turn 30! :-)

Shake it off and take pride in who you are now!

Me? Getting old is not a concern ... I just refuse to grow up!

- Peter Pan

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    Let it go, put your favourite outfit on, do your makeup and brush it off ! If you feel good inside that's all that matters, you're not dressing to impress one inconsiderate brat ! OK maybe she was having a bad day, or thought you were making a pass ! If you see her again treat her with the contempt she gave you !

we will all get old some day and so will that young little, over reacting little B--ch and she will wonder where time went and she will be all alone.

There was a time I would have been devastated. Not so much now. The 'man' reference is worse than the 'old' reference. Ignore the ignorant *******, and move on.

Kate, on top of being in the AARP age, I have to wear plastic leg braces and use forearm crutches (no heels for me!). I rarely go out en femme because I think I stick out (probably don't). While en drab, I have had strangers walk up to me and say the most unbelievable things. At a party, I had a woman walk up to me and say, "What's wrong with you?". Years ago, I was standing in a holding room at Disney World and saw a guy from across the room making a Bee Line towards me. He strode up to me and said,"What the f**k happened to you?" I was a bit stunned and figured I had two courses of action: start a scene or have some fun. I replied,"Remember that kid wearing the metal braces on the Easter Seal posters?". He nodded that he did and I said,"That's me. I grew up!". He got an amazed look on his face and walked back across the room to the woman he was with. I couldn't hear what he said to her, but he was very animated and pointed to me a lot. I figured he was telling here that he just met the Easter Seal Boy. Meeting such a celebrity probably made his Disney World vacation. It was then that I realized that most people have some sort of "handicap" but just don't realize it. Try and let encounters like you describe roll off your back. You took the High Road and she took the Low Road.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems some young CDers have a huge chip on their shoulders.
    Maybe she hasn't learned if you want respect you have to give it lesson yet.
    I have met one trans girl like that at a support group meeting she was very snarky to say the least.
    Let it go for now and if you see her again just don't speak to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    Kate, on top of being in the AARP age, I have to wear plastic leg braces and use forearm crutches (no heels for me!). I rarely go out en femme because I think I stick out (probably don't).
    Hey honey, if you ever come to NJ, I would take you to cd friendly places where nobody cares what you look like and I would personally make you feel as if you didn't have any handicap. The only people you need to worry about here are the young twats that paint their face like a clown and think they're a bad ass. In retrospect, that was me 25 years ago but now I know how annoying I was.
    Kate

I know how you feel, I started feeling that way every time at the supermarket when the kids automatically gave me the seniors discount without asking, then I realized how much I was saving on my food bill.

But, I must ask, is "Hi honey" the proper way to greet a stranger? I'm acquainted with many twenty-somethings, and, wow, they would be taken quite aback -- she might have thought you were trying to pick her up. I don't think such a thing is in their vocabulary.

Banned Read only
    gkg:

While all of us are IN the world, not everyone knows how to LIVE in the world. Unfortunately it is something that you can't really teach. Folks have to figure it out for themsleves. Sadly, some never do.

DeeAnn

Aspiring Member
    I don't approve of rude or snarky remarks under any circumstances, but maybe, just a little maybe perhaps, she misread your greeting and thought you were trying to make a move on her and she was letting you know she was definitely not interested. If that was the case, she needs to learn more civil ways to treat people. Being old, that word wouldn't bother me, and being male, that one also wouldn't bother me as I have no delusions as to my passability. Combining the two words in that context is to me the insult. I worry more about whether I have inadvertently made an inappropriate remark than what others say to me. I learned that lesson after many years feeling overly sensitive about myself. I have come to enjoy being the old cantankerous member of the crowd, and being teased about it.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Edie Palmer View Post
    But, I must ask, is "Hi honey" the proper way to greet a stranger? I'm acquainted with many twenty-somethings, and, wow, they would be taken quite aback -- she might have thought you were trying to pick her up. I don't think such a thing is in their vocabulary.
    You're correct, normally I wouldn't say that but when you're in a club full of trannys, that is how everyone talks. And yes, she thought I was trying to pick her up but it wasn't my intention. I like to make everybody feel sexy and wanted.
    Kate

Aspiring Member
    Just pass it off. There are to many young ones who think their premadonnas,and have that attitude. They will learn manners someday. Don't, let it spoil your going out and enjoying your self

Next time just let it out. "Oh, honey, you wound me." said at the time of the offense would have let most of the steam out of it. But on the other hand you could also commiserate, "Been getting hit on by all us elders? Poor babe, it's tough when you're young." probably would have gone right through her armor. Because, face it, she probably was having a tough night and it is tough being a young CD -- you want to be swept away by some young swain and you're mostly letched after by people older than you. The offense probably wasn't really meant for you, it was meant for the guy before you. But at any rate, saying something in the moment without descending into cattiness saves months of talking to yourself afterward. Leave her with the burden rather than accept it from her.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Rude people are rude people no matter how they dress or what age they are. One of the things that my wife and I talk about and that many others have mentioned to me is the lack of manners in young people today. We have complimented many times on how mannerly our kids are as compared others and now my kids are getting that about their kids. So people now notice how some have manners because its so unusual.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Banned Read only
    Katie, it is entirely likely that THAT cross dresser had had a bad night. Perhaps getting hit on but not wanting it. Admirers can be persistent. Your greeting could be interpreted as a come on in a bathroom! In guy mode, how often do you talk to anyone in a bathroom? I don't expect that women chat each other up in the bathroom either. Anything more than smile, a nod or a brief "Hi" would seem excessive to me. Let it go.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, poor thing was probably getting hit on too much or something and you were a convenient vent. My entire life for some reason I've been constantly hit on by gay men. I'm not gay.
    Oh, and about being wounded, I still can't get used to being called Sir. And I'm like, old! Just fluff it off, Hon.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    In guy mode, how often do you talk to anyone in a bathroom?
    Great question, in guy mode I'm the shyest person on the planet and speak to nobody.

In girl mode its all about power and seduction. I am 100% transvestite and grew up very differently then most people here. The first day I fully dressed(age 17) I was on the street where the big girls took me in, painted my face, showed me how to walk, talk and unfortunately how to make money. It took me 15 years to graduate college because of my bad habits. Now, I toned down my act and just like to be a girl. I still have an rough edge but try to be kind to everyone in our community.
    Kate

Reading your background and what you have done in the past, I think you were caught at a tender moment in your life.

Forget her and go on and meet others, you have been enjoying yourself till now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kate, I think that many here have clarified why she may have responded to you like she did. Now, you can let it rest. Out there in the real world when we see a group of us you can hear some greet each other as honey and dear and stuff like that. I only occasionally do that with some of my very close acquaintances and greet everyone else as I would anyone else while in male mode, respectfully. Another thing to consider is that some who are further down the "T" path than us have some very sensitive hot button words and phrases that mean something important and sometimes very negative to them. Tread more carefully and you probably will not have that experience again.

Don't allow that rude brat to live rent free in your head any longer. I'm old also and words hurt anyone, when spoken without respect, but do try and put her out of your mind.