Thread: Full time

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Full time

So the last month has not been the most pleasurable... Serious doubt about my financial future, but I have taken the opportunity to go full time, and it's been three weeks now. So what have I learnt at this early stage?

1. Any and all fears are easily overcome. Now been everywhere 'boy' me used to shop, frequent or visit. Apart from a few shop assistants who think me and my 'twin brother' are playing a joke on then, acceptance has been 100%

2. An acceptable 'day face' makeup takes only 15 minutes. BB cream can't handle a little sweat from walking the dogs and (surprisingly) mascara is the most important thing to get right.

3. 'Passable' really is mostly a state of mind... I've worked on ' the walk' and 'the talk' and the other mannerisms but I'm far from perfect. But no one notices, no one says anything, no one has obviously clocked me. This includes a group of teenage skateboarders and girlfriends all interested in my 9 month old German shepherd puppy. Chatted for over fifteen minutes, never mis gendered, no comments... They were so polite...

4. Wigs in summer are hot!!! Wish my hair would grow quicker, and in some places just grow...

Overall I'm so glad I've leapt that hurdle. No going back now. I only need to gather the documents for a change of name and then that's it, no more boy!!!
    Call me Donna, please

It's great to hear that you have gotten over the hurdle. You go gurl!

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Gone to live my life
    Hi Donna,

Sorry to read about your month and the job front. However sometimes personal pitfalls lead to great personal growth and in your case it seems to such a move forward as you transition to full time. I hear you about wigs in he summer and working out with one is like wearing a big hat on your head. Still waiting for my hair to grow out a bit thicker before I take my first trip to a hairstylist for a more feminine cut (probably another three months given my slow growth). Passable . . . I agree very much a state of mind. When I used to go out for a few short hours and my make-up was fresh and smooth . . . I felt great! However, now that I am full-time and my make-up must eek out an existence in public for up to 12 hours by end of the day let's just say "not very fresh" and no amount of make-up powder touch-ups can bring back that fresh faced look. So I know I do not pass but most people are polite and treat me kindly and as a woman should I be out running errands at the end of the day.

Again, sorry to hear about the month but glad to read you demonstrate indomitable spirit of authenticity by pushing forward with just being Donna.

Cheers

Marcelle

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Your progress continues to astound me Donna- I admire the hell out of you.

Hugs,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

hi donna,
    quite a lot of hurdles to jump, in my observances puppies are people magnets, everybody wants to pet them and ask questions about them.
    hear ya with the hair growing in the wrong places, but what i did see was your photo thread and you seemed very satisfied and committed to be all in....
    hope the financial part falls in line for you....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Push on, Donna! You've made great strides to be where you are now. You seem to have the tools to get a job you'll enjoy as Donna, I'm rooting for you! Your plan to move forward looks great, now go be yourself.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Thanks for the wonderfully optimistic post. You're doing great girl. I agree with everything you've said.

Wearing a wig in Sydney over the last week would have been overpowering at least.

Remain optimistic, confident and enjoy yourself,.

Love Sydney at Christmas time for the atmosphere and summery beaches.

Trouble is the northern hemisphere gives a lot of competition and it is easy to wear a wig here, it keeps your head warm.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Glad to hear you made the leap.

Congratulations Donna! I envy you!

My employer is completely trans-intolerant, so I have to spend a significant portion of the day in drab. But someday ...

Donna,
    You continue to astound with your great attitude and your drive to keep moving forward in your journey. i wish i had some of your drive...ok...ok all of your drive, as i am at a stand still. but enough about me, i'm just happy for you and wish you well in your journey of self discovery....uhhhh don't sell the 1300...nice bike

hugs

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Keep it up!
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

well done donna...i am sure your apprehension has been eased tremendously by the positive results

wonderful