Thread: Social events

Social events

Has anyone ever attended one of the crossdressing weekends with their wives that they hold in hotels in the uk.
    Ive never been out dressed, but feel i would like to try one of these weekends My main concern is for my wife (i wouldnt
    want her to be the only GG there).and her happiness comes first. Does anyone know what these events are like.
    Thank you.
    Carol..

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    How about getting to know a local group first? That way you haven't gone too far from safety, if you feel you need to bail out at any time.

You could just try a weekend break with one afternoon or evening out dressed? Whatever you do though, make sure that you have a bail out plan. Most don't need one, as the feeling of elation at getting out dressed can lead to a 'devil may care' attitude, but plan for an out anyway. Pink Punters was an epic Trans night and you wouldn't feel out of place there.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 11-30-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Aspiring Member
    There is an annual event about a three hour drive from where I live. The first time I attended, was my first time out among other people. My wife went with me and stayed at the hotel, but did not attend any of the CD events, preferring to do her own activities such as shopping, bingo etc. The intention was that I would scout out the event to see whether there would be other wives, what the nature of the conversations would be and try to determine how comfortable she would be. The next year she registered as well and enjoyed herself, while meeting some great people. We attended about a half dozen such events, but at the last few, the emphasis had changed more toward the transition side of things, which tended to be somewhat less comfortable for her, as well as myself as I was simply attending in order to enjoy the opportunity to crossdress without thinking too much about it or worrying about unwanted encounters with friends or family.

Depending on the size and type of event, your wife probably will not be the only one attending. The organizers could probably indicate whether there are others attending. In any event, my wife seemed to be a bit more comfortable being with the other crossdressers than with the wives, as the crossdressers were more into socializing while the wives wanted to have more serious discussions about their unique situation of being married to crossdressers.

The events I attended had some great group dinners as well as a Saturday night formal banquet. Guest speakers held seminars about a range of topics, and there were various excursions you could take. The seminars were where the subject matter became almost totally about transitioning. From my reading this is not necessarily the same for all events. All in all, these can be a very safe way of getting out and among other people while being able to be fully dressed without worry. The hotel staff have usually been well prepared and I have had some interesting conversations with both male and female staff members.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica27; 11-30-2015 at 05:20 PM.

I know some wives attend sparkle in Manchester with their partners.

As for the weekends you mentioned. I would it would be the same.

Have you tried contacting the organizers to see what they say ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Becky, thanks for your answer. I just felt that attending an event there would be a' safety in numbers' type feeling.
    Also i assume that these events are quite organised, i was just wondering what they are like.
    many thanks
    Carol