Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We'll call it the eyebrow incident

Red face We'll call it the eyebrow incident

For a couple of months or so I have been shaping my eyebrows. I decided to be brave and post pics of my face in the gallery and I wanted every possible chance to pull off looking feminine so I started pluckin'.* I also shaped them because my wife has been saying for months, more like a few years actually, that their too bushy and that I need to do something before I start looking like Leonid Brezhnev or Frida Kahlo.

I figure if she notices afterward and asks why I did it, I can tell her I finally decided to take her advice and should do something about them. For now that’s probably better than, “oh yeah... I didn’t tell you? I like to wear girl clothes, put on makeup, a bra and panties, strike poses for pictures, post them on the internet and I thought shaping my eyebrows would be a really nice touch.”

So I shaped my eyebrows by plucking them and in that first attempt before the pics, I didn’t get too crazy with the plucking but I could certainly see a difference. Well every few days I would do it again to maintain them. But the last time I did this I got a little…

hmmm. What’s the word?...

Agressive?... with the tweezers. Not intentionally but what happened was I noticed that I did one a little more than the other. So I tried to fix it. Oh poop! I did it again, this time with the other side. So I tried again…. and again and again and again and again! Aaagh!

I finally got them relatively balanced but geez!... they looked pretty girly to me, especially because the skin underneath where I plucked was quite a bit lighter (like a lot) than my darker, hispanic complexion so I had a natural highlight on the browbone like the girls on the makeup tutorials say to do. I thought, “oh my God! How am I going to explain this!!!”** At least I didn’t look like Frida Kahlo anymore right?… more like Frida Gustavsson. (ha! I wish)

So a couple of days after, what I'll now call "the eyebrow incident" my wife noticed I had plucked my eyebrows and she said, "oh my God you plucked your eyebrows!" her face had a look of shock and a little amusement.

I looked down sort of sheepishly and responded nervously, "oh. um, yeah." wondering what on earth she might say next and what her reaction would be. I was thinking, "oh no. I am so busted now. What do I say? These are pretty girly looking eyebrows. She's gonna ask what the hell am I thinking. Why did you do this?" All kinds of scenarios started going through my head in just a couple of seconds. And not one of them was the "oh yeah... i didn't tell you?" sentence from above. My stomach was doing flips.

But then the WTF moment happened. She came up to me very coyly and held my face in her hands very sweetly. She stared at my eyebrows for a full two or three seconds without saying anything and then whispered, "wow... they look really good" and then she gave me a little kiss on the lips and we went back to cooking dinner.

(in my best Janice voice from Friends) Oh. My. Gawwwd!

WHEW!!!* I dodged a bullet!

She did ask why and I said I took her advice about the bushy eyebrows and then I told her about the imbalance problem I had and how I plucked a lot more than I intended. We had a pretty good laugh over that but then I asked “you, um... you don’t think they look too girly do you?”* And she said no not at all.

Hrrmmph.
    Well poop on you. I think they DO look pretty girly.

What kind of CD mishaps have you had? I’d love to hear them. Sometimes I think a little levity and laughing at ourselves is a good thing.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

It's a delicate balance, Sue. A fine line between well trimmed male brows and passable girly brows. I too was developing the "unibrow" look in my 20's, so I've always plucked the center. My wife knows of Heidi, but we've agreed to a DADT situation where too girly eyebrows is grounds to be shown the door. So, what to do? I started pushing the center gap apart as much as I thought I could get away with over time. I then also began reigning in the outside limits. To help all this out a bit, I bought a micro trimmer to keep the brow mowed down to 2mm in height. Lately I've kept the edges in check to the point I have very passable brows in either mode. And my wife is happy I don't have a fuzzy unibrow.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Sue...that's an amusing story. Personally I think you missed a golden moment to tell your wife about the real you! You are right about levity...it has helped my wife and me on many occasions talk about CD.

I have no idea how to shape my brows. Plucking seems like a whole lot of work. Not to mention, I don't know where to begin and end. There's gotta be an easier way. Any ideas?

Banned Read only
    Great story Sue! I pluck mine but pretty subtle and fortunately no 'eyebrow incidents' but came close to eyebrow-gate once (almost got caught red handed with tweezers headed for the eye ball region😦 )

Thanks for sharing, quite the fun story and with a positive ending. It's funny how just a few hairs change the balance and then you go back and shape the other...downward spiral.

I got rid of my uni-brow a few weeks ago. A little too aggressively. I had wear a grumpy face for a week to keep the brows below the edge of my glasses.

Everybody has eyebrow issues. I try to keep a fine balance between genders but it rarely works out anymore.
    My biggest problem is makeup. I have terrible eyesight and can't do makeup without glasses. Try doing eye makeup with glasses on, It doesn't work. When I go out, I pay a makeup artist to doll me up but that costs 60 dollars. Thats Why I have no makeup on my profile picture

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    What kind of CD mishaps have you had?
    About a week ago, I had my first makeover. Since I was leaving the house in full fem, I kept the look fairly subdued. Girl jeans, flats, normal looking boobs.
    And, I had a pair of small hoop earrings. These are nice as they're spring loaded and really make it look as though you have pierced ears. Wore them all day.
    Well, the next day I noticed that the constant pressure and movement had actually started piercing my earlobes. Broke the skin and highly visible.
    Oh, wouldn't this be fun to explain! Four days of Neosporin has diminished all traces. Just in time as I'm going back to work today.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue, When I pluck my brows I do twenty on one side then do twenty on the other side in the same position
    and go back and forth.
    This keeps everything symmetrical and get a good pair of plucking tweezers. ~~......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 12-02-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Sayyidah,

Great story, how nice was her reaction!? Reminds me of a scene from Pink Floyd ' the wall.

Josie, you can get an eyebrow stencil at Ulta or Sally's or even some walmarts. Draw it in with a really dark pencil, an pluck what doesn't fit inside the line. But start by trimming them back first with one of those little trimmers. The nice thing about this method is you can gage it and remark before plucking so you can be confident in what you are doing. Get the stencil kit that has multiple shapes

What kind of CD mishaps have you had? I’d love to hear them. Sometimes I think a little levity and laughing at ourselves is a good thing.
    Recently glued on the breast forms for 2 days, upon removal there was prominent ring where the edges were on both sides - it took 3 days to go away...we had a fun laugh at that one.

Mine occurrs in the summertime when I wear string tops and get something somewhat different from a farmers tan.

Then I wear a bikini top and get SUNBURN!

Love simmer. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen_To_Be View Post
    Sue...that's an amusing story. Personally I think you missed a golden moment to tell your wife about the real you! You are right about levity...it has helped my wife and me on many occasions talk about CD.
    You know Gretchen, there was a split second there where I almost did that. But I'm pretty sure (like 99% sure) it would go sideways. I plan to feel her out a little more over time and see if maybe that 1% chance grows any.

Quote Originally Posted by gokatiegirl View Post
    My biggest problem is makeup. I have terrible eyesight and can't do makeup without glasses. Try doing eye makeup with glasses on, It doesn't work.
    Sorry to hear that Katie. I know what you mean. I need readers to see anything up close so to pluck eyebrows or do eyeliner is a real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    About a week ago, I had my first makeover. Since I was leaving the house in full fem, I kept the look fairly subdued. Girl jeans, flats, normal looking boobs.
    I saw the pics of your makeover Carla. You looked amazing! Your earring mishap is pretty funny but only because you didn't get too hurt. As I read I was saying to myself, "ouch! ouch! ouch! OUCH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Elle View Post
    Recently glued on the breast forms for 2 days, upon removal there was prominent ring where the edges were on both sides - it took 3 days to go away...we had a fun laugh at that one.
    See! Now that's what I'm talking about. Now that's comedy.

Lena! Your avatar looks great! You've come a long way. And you're smiling! You look happy. Just had to throw that in here.

But then the WTF moment happened. She came up to me very coyly and held my face in her hands very sweetly. She stared at my eyebrows for a full two or three seconds without saying anything and then whispered, "wow... they look really good" and then she gave me a little kiss on the lips and we went back to cooking dinner.
    Charming!

My wife kindly plucks and shapes mine. It has become a loving weekend ritual.

I find my ears need attention now too. The horror of manhood!

I went to a new barber and when he as finishing up he used a comb and scissors on my brows to clean up the length and the strays. WOW!! A light bulb went off in my head. I can do that. Then there was a few strays that needed plucked. Then there was a little imbalance. Then there was a few more that needed removed. Over time I have whittled them down considerably. The important thing is to keep it up. Nobody has ever noticed and now they are half of what they used to be.
    Live and let dress.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JosieH View Post
    I have no idea how to shape my brows. Plucking seems like a whole lot of work. Not to mention, I don't know where to begin and end. There's gotta be an easier way. Any ideas?
    Pretty straightforward: remove from underneath and go slowly, lest you have the OP's eyebrow incident. I've found that eyebrow hairs regrow a lot faster than other hairs seem to. Leave them alone for a few days, and, weedpatch! A lighted, magnifying makeup mirror is essential. I also pluck all of my (sparse) facial hair, so good-quality tweezers are a must. If they seem to slip off hairs, there's probably an already-plucked hair stuck on the tips. It also helps to lightly dress the tips now and then by gently squeezing them on an emery board and dragging it through. Kinda like lapping valves (for the mechanically inclined among us).

Aside from shaping from underneath, I also look for the occasional weird one that sticks out, as well as smoothing the top of the arch so they don't look as thick. Alas, I have also reached the stage of life in which I look for (and remove) the grey ones.
    Last edited by Acastina; 12-01-2015 at 03:22 PM.

This seems very applicable to your happy ending situation. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuboJiAUMd8

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    This seems very applicable to your happy ending situation. Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuboJiAUMd8
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
    "Well, I tell you what… I’ll just pick you up a sundress and a parasol and you can just sashay your pretty little self around the town square!" ~ Kramer

It just goes to show how the writers for Seinfeld did such a great job, true artists. They have so many stories within stories within stories that there always seems to be one of those that fit some of the threads here. A little humor can go along way.

I did mine for a few months and nothing was said or noticed when I finally came out to my wife and came clean, and also mentioned the painted toenails she was surprised, hadn't noticed anything, I must be invisible or taken for granted, not any more though!!

My wife had bought some of that long lasting lip stain that comes with a gloss. She bought four and, upon hearing approving murmurings from me, applied the very pink one on my lips. Then she went out. A little later, I was going out so I gave the lips a good rub with a wet facecloth and off I went.
    You can probably guess the rest. I was getting lots of attention from people, a lot staring at my face. The cashier at the grocery store looked amused. A voice in my head says "Oh sh*******t!" and upon checking the mirror in the car I did indeed find the remainder of a nice ring of pink that had refused to budge. What can you do but laugh?

Ha ha, I once almost completely shaved off one if my eyebrows, and I had to do the same to the other for symmetry. I was single and dating a girl at the time, I made up some dumb excuse to not see her for a while until they grew back: predictably, she broke with me over the phone, but at least I did not have to explain it.

Aspiring Member
    Thats funny. I did the same thing only I had used hair clippers

Go to a salon and get them waxed, they will do them any way you want, just cleaned up, a little arch or full fem. Cost about $8.00 plus tip, you will love the way they look and no one but you knows what you did, have gotten mine full fem for the last year, not one question about them. Marshalynn